Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1436: Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure news
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I'd like to buy a vowel!

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby KBrylczyk » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:59 pm

Wes wrote:And the originality.

Hell no. Walking Dead for the fourth year in a row! /s

If they do Walking Dead again next year at either Orlando or Hollywood I'm almost certain there will be riots. Like I said in my TR from Hollywood, during the hype announcement at the beginning of the evening there were crickets at every mention of Walking Dead. The crowds wanted nothing to do with it anymore.
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/539c3534a7c7084b61a754366e69a2bf.jpg[/img][/url]

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:13 pm

^It is still getting ridiculous ratings on TV. I think the issue this year (at least in Hollywood) is that not enough changed in the maze or on the Terror Tram. I don't think people would mind if they got an all new experience each year. The problem of course is that the new seasons always start in October, so Universal can't use the latest material.

Personally, I'm on the fence about using IP's. Original mazes are cool, but so is seeing horror movies/TV shows come to life. A good balance of the two is ideal IMO.
Last edited by Jew on Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:14 pm.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Garet » Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:41 pm

Jew wrote:^It is still getting ridiculous ratings on TV. I think the issue this year (at least in Hollywood) is that not enough changed in the maze or on the Terror Tram. I don't think people would mind if they got an all new experience each year. The problem of course is that the new seasons always start in October, so Universal can't use the latest material.

Personally, I'm on the fence about using IP's. Original mazes are cool, but so is seeing horror movies/TV shows come to life. A good balance of the two is ideal IMO.

Heck walking dead even got a place in Everlands horror themeing.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:59 am

OMG THAT TEASER! It definitely looked like Jack was at the end of that clip! Jack will be back for the 25th anniversary!!!
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:00 am

^I think at this point, you can't assume anything. Inserting Jack into the video could be a hint at the year ahead or simply just an homage to years past since it is the 25th anniversary.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:48 am

Wes wrote:
ernierocker wrote:Would be nice if they brought back some of the icons.

And the originality.

I'd like to see an icon for HHN again. Like Joey, I'd also welcome a good mix of ips and original houses. As long as they're done well.

I am a bit tired of zombies, though, so I wouldn't mind if they gave Walking Dead a rest.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:21 pm

cfc wrote:I am a bit tired of zombies, though, so I wouldn't mind if they gave Walking Dead a rest forever.

Fixed.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby BlahBlahson » Sun Nov 02, 2014 5:24 pm

I'm sure NO ONE wants IPs when the longest lines at HHN24 Orlando were consistently 1. Walking Dead 2. Halloween 3. AVP. And the shortest were: 1. Roanoke 2. Dusk til Dawn 3. Dollhouse.

HHN could certainly be better, everything always can. But it's still the only event in the world that provides brand new stuff each year on such a massive scale. I'd rather see a half and half split between IP houses and new stuff, but having those big properties keep the event very popular and add a movie-sheen that other events don't have. If they do Walking Dead again I think it would be exactly the same as Disney's treatment of the Frozen franchise, a way for these places to bring in massive crowds. I would understand it completely.

Not that I want to see another (mostly boring) TWD house. Bring on Jack and all of his friends for #25. And if I could complain about anything, every year I've gone the scarezones do nothing for me when compared to the houses. Singapore's look amazing, they should do that!
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:56 pm

jedimaster1227 wrote:
cfc wrote:I am a bit tired of zombies, though, so I wouldn't mind if they gave Walking Dead a rest forever.

Fixed.

:nina:

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:23 am

Yesterday I had the chance to visit The Cowfish at CityWalk for its first night of soft openings. I've been anticipating this moment since the day the CityWalk expansion was first announced back in 2012! For those of you not familiar with the concept (I wasn't when it was first announced), The Cowfish is an up-and-coming chain of restaurants focused on high quality burgers, sushi and a unique combination of the two foods known as Burgushi. Seeing as both types of foods are some of my favorites, I knew that it was likely that this unique marriage would appeal to me, as it will with many guests.

Yesterday's dinner certainly proved my theory and solidified The Cowfish as my new favorite eatery among tough competition from Universal's recently opened concepts, Antojitos and Vivo, along with my longtime favorites, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. and Margaritaville.

Cowfish Food Menu
Cowfish Beverage Menu
image.jpg
The moment is finally here!
image.jpg
Getting closer!
image.jpg
CLOSER!
image.jpg
The restaurant has three floors and on the third floor in the glass room seen from outside is a set of small tables with an amazing view. We were lucky enough to get one of them!
image.jpg
I am so freaking stoked!
image.jpg
How good is the view you ask? Pretty amazing considering you can see most of Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure from the table!
image.jpg
Is this real life?
image.jpg
We started with the highly-recommended Crab Rangoon Dip. This dish is basically a deconstructed presentation of a traditional Crab Rangoon, with the filling being served as a dip, the wonton wrappers being served as light wonton chips and the sweet Thai chili sauce being drizzled over the wontons instead of being served in a dipping bowl. We really loved this one!
image.jpg
We tried two burgers on the recommendation of our server. The first was The Texas Longhorn, a more traditional burger with cheddar cheese, jalapeño bacon, barbecue sauce and onion strings. It was really a fantastic burger!
image.jpg
Always one to try more unique burgers when I have the chance, I opted for the Black Truffle Cheeseburger. This thing was INDULGENT! It is served with black truffle cheese, sautéed mushrooms, roasted garlic aioli and sliced shallots. I very highly recommend this if you're going for a rich, heavy burger! The side of seaweed salad was great too--one of the best I've ever had outside of Japan!
image.jpg
I had to try at least one Burgushi item on the menu for my first visit so I decided to go big and order The Prime Time Roll. This is a lobster-filled sushi roll with thin slices of seared rare filet mignon wrapped around the sticky rice, drizzled with spicy mayo, topped with pan-fried portobello mushroom slices tossed in truffle oil and green onions and served with a side of pounded ginger sauce. This thing was incredible and easily one of the best (and most unique) rolls I've ever had in my life!
image.jpg
Another signature offering at The Cowfish is their list of "Spiked Shakes." We tried the "Chocolate "To Dive For"", which featured amaretto liqueur, Godiva liqueur, vanilla ice cream, malt and shaved chocolate. This thing was KILLER!
image.jpg
To wrap up our meal we had the "East West," described as key lime and mandarin cheesecake jumbo size with an Oreo cookie crust and vanilla ice cream. This was probably the most mild (read: ordinary) thing we had the entire night. It wasn't bad, but it certainly didn't wow us like everything else we tried this evening.
image.jpg
Time to take a look around the restaurant...
image.jpg
Presented without comment.
image.jpg
The bar on the second floor...
image.jpg
Really neat decor inside!
image.jpg
The outside bar on the second floor (opposite the Red Coconut Club) features for hole for those in the mood.
image.jpg
I seriously loved our meal at The Cowfish and will be returning frequently to try as many new menu items as I possibly can! Thanks to everyone at The Cowfish for making this such a great first experience!
image.jpg
The Cowfish has taken its rightful place among a growing list of fantastic dining venues at Universal Orlando's CityWalk. Come check it out ASAP and get your Burgushi on!
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:44 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!