Photo TR: The Brit Crew in Paris!

Part 4 - DISNEYLAND PARIS HALLOWEEN
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Controlled by a sentient spreadsheet...

Part 4 - Disneyland Paris Halloween!

Postby Divv3k » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:53 am

So here's the final update. This encompasses three days of visits to Disneyland Park in Paris. (Well really an evening, a morning, another evening and a full day but who's counting?).

This park while still suffering from the service issues the Studios park does is at least more capable of handling the crowds. It also look amazing as well as having some great versions of the standard Magic Kingdom attractions. This was the first time I had visited the park during their Halloween season. I have to say, I was impressed with the level of effort they ahd put into it. While it's no Not-So-Scary Halloween party, the park really did look great with all the pumpkins and decorations throughout.

I've spoke about this park at length before so i won't say too much. Enjoy the last batch of photos, there's quite a few!
image001.jpg
Oh wow, it looks like Disneyland Paris actually makes some kind of effort for Halloween!
image002.jpg
We first arrived at the park in the evening, the castle looked really cool with it's blood red lighting.
image003.jpg
Boo to you!
image004.jpg
We did Star Tours on this evening. Very exciting, we went Endor and got the Death Star ending!
image005.jpg
We were hoping to do Captain EO since some of our group had never experienced this. Sadly it was closed despite being listed as open on this day on the park's website.
image006.jpg
DLP really rocked with the "Scary Andrew" meet and greet! We saw the Fireworks show this evening too, but I got better photos the next night so I'll hold onto them for further down...
image007.jpg
New since my last visit here- Lego store in Disney Village. I like! I like a lot!
image008.jpg
Also new for me was Earl of Sandwich. Loved this!
image009.jpg
AJ only drinks alcohol if it glows with the show.
image010.jpg
Who are we kidding, AJ will drink anything! Just like the rest of us!
image011.jpg
On this weekend we stayed at Hotel New York. Another new Disney hotel credit for me!
image012.jpg
According to DLP this is their second best hotel (after the Disneyland hotel, which is first).
image013.jpg
The hotel reminded me a lot of Hong Kong Disneyland's Hollywood Hotel.
image014.jpg
There are some cool little details in the room, like the lamps!
image015.jpg
Coolest part of this stay though was hte Launchpad McQuack meet and greet! Never thought I'd see this guy in a Disney resort in 2014!
image016.jpg
Another perk of staying on resort of course is Extra Magic Hours in Disneyland Park!
image017.jpg
Yeah, they really went all out with the Halloween theming on Main Street!
image018.jpg
Empty park! I love Extra Magic Hours!
image019.jpg
There were some really cool Disney shaped pumpkins in the hub.
image020.jpg
Woo, group photo! We had the hub to ourselves!
image021.jpg
There was this weird looking Halloween decoration behind the castle. Not quite sure what it was supposed to be, but hey it looks spooky!
image022.jpg
It's not often you see a five minute wait for Peter Pan so we had to take advantage!
image023.jpg
I don't care if it's in Fantasyland this still isn't Divv-friendly!
image024.jpg
Ah, the Old Mill. I would have loved to have visited the park when this ride was operating.
image025.jpg
DISASTER! Small World was down for rehab.
image026.jpg
There are quite a few Disney shorts represented in Fantasyland. The outside of this shop evokes Mickey and the Beanstalk.
image027.jpg
Carrousel takeover!
image028.jpg
This is pretty much the only Frozen presence in the resort that we encountered. Aside from a couple of toys and dresses in the shops there was very little. Seems like a massive missed opportunity to not have an Anna & Elsa meet and greet which has proven so popular in the other parks,
image029.jpg
Ah, Phantom Manor. How awesome you look today!
image030.jpg
Don't mess with this bride. She'll F you up.
image031.jpg
After a Day in the Studios we hopped back over to Disneyland to ride this piece of... Well, it was a *little* better than I remember it being but it still is pretty rough for a Disney coaster. Though, certainly not the worst in the park!
image032.jpg
Okay, so Fireworks time. In all my visits to Disney parks around the world I have to say that Dreams is my favourite show. See, I don't always hate on Paris! (Of course it doesn't compare to Fantasmic at DisneySea but what does??)
image033.jpg
Like Fantasmic and World of Color, Dreams uses water projections very effectively.
image034.jpg
The castle is also covered in pyro, which is never a bad thing!
image035.jpg
The real highlight though, is the castle projections, which are just insane. I haven't seen any of the otehr Disney shows that have started using castle projections in recent years but I really look forward to checking them out.
image036.jpg
Yeah, it looks pretty awesome.
image037.jpg
FIRE!
image038.jpg
And then at the end of it all they pretty much just blow up the castle! All good in my book!
image039.jpg
The arcades along the sides of Main Street are one of my favourite parts of the design of Disneyland Paris. I don't understand why the newer Magic Kingdoms haven't incorporated these - they're very handy for avoiding the Main Street crowds after the fireworks!
image040.jpg
The next morning we were up very early for another day at Disneyland. AJ enjoyed a very healthy Halloween breakfast.
image041.jpg
Disneyland Hotel is right in front of the park entrance. I'd love to stay here one day just so I could look down Main Street from room/
image042.jpg
More Extra Magic Hours means more empty park time!
image043.jpg
Man, I still am surprised at the effort DLP put into the Halloween theming.
image044.jpg
Here's our super fun group yet again. Check out how blue the sky is!
image045.jpg
Ugh. Space Mountain is still awful. A few people in the group said that they thought it was okay but I completely disagree. I still can't believe that Disney let a ride so brutally rough exist in one of their parks. I really hope that these rumours are true of it being shut next year for a long time for a lengthy rehab. Hopefully some new vest restraints are part of the package!
image046.jpg
You know you basically have the park to yourselves when your group stops to ride these!
image047.jpg
Ah, here's another one of those cool "exclusive" Disneyland Paris attractions...
image048.jpg
Dragon! This animatronic is really great. More Disney parks need dragons under their castles.
image049.jpg
I feel like I'm being too positive about this visit to Disneyland Park Paris so here's a a negative... A lot of parts of the park looked like they were in bad need of a rehab. This fountain area at Dumbo is one such example. It's not something that's ever going to ruin your day but it is quite surprisng to see in a Disney park.
image050.jpg
Hey look, the Snow White ride in Paris has an ending!
image051.jpg
Here we let Geography major Andrew guide us around Alice's Bi-curious Labyrinth. Never a good idea!
image052.jpg
Best advice in this maze - follow the Cheshire Cat, not Andrew!
image053.jpg
I love all the blatant drug use that Alice in Wonderland promotes. I lvoe even more that it's still all over Disney parks like this!
image054.jpg
AJ's painting the roses red.
image055.jpg
Don't make this one angry. She'll kick your arse.
image056.jpg
Once we managed to ditch Andrew, AJ and I were able to track down the castle at the end of the maze.
image057.jpg
From here you can get another look at the short-lived Old Mill ride. Now it's a coffee counter.
image058.jpg
You can also get a really great look over the maze and the rest of Fantasyland.
image059.jpg
Every morning in the park this float rumble past the crowds with the "This is Halloween" song playing. Not so much a parade but it was cool to see the villains walking around the park.
image060.jpg
Even Frontierland was getting in on the Halloween actions. Look at these four pumpkin men!
image061.jpg
Woo, Pirates!
image062.jpg
If you like your Pirates Johnny Depp free then Paris is STILL for you!
image063.jpg
AJ is the MBF of parades.
image064.jpg
DLP also have a daytime Halloween parade. It's no "Boo to You", but what is?
image065.jpg
Here's one for the Pluto fans.
image066.jpg
Three Little Pigs! Rare sighting! Now give me some bacon!
image067.jpg
Mickey and Minnie are front and centre in the last float.
image068.jpg
But they kept the real stars for the end. (And look, it's Clarice!)
image069.jpg
This one is still my favourite of all the Big Thunders!

Before riding Phantom Manor be sure to use the queue as an opportunity to get some good Big Thunder Mountain photos!
image070.jpg
See!
image071.jpg
You can also get a good look athe geysers from here. Looking at photos from the park's opening years it's apparent that these have really fallen into disrepair. Hopefully the park's financial rescue package will result in things like this being brought back to their original state.
image072.jpg
Casey Jr's is the Brit Crew's favourite quick serivce place in all of Disneyland Paris... Why?
image073.jpg
BEER! Yup, we're having a beer in front of the castle. Just because we can!
image075.jpg
Even better, we could just walk around the park with our beers in hand!
image074.jpg
This was a nice touch that I noticed in Adventure land... I LOVE Up!
image076.jpg
Swiss Family Robinson! The highlight of this is the lack of Rosie O'Donnell!
image077.jpg
Plus... Beer!
image078.jpg
Game of TPThrones.
image079.jpg
We finished our visit to Disneyland Paris with a meal in the Blue Lagoon!
image080.jpg
Waiting area group photo!
image081.jpg
Like the Blue Bayou restaurants in the US parks here you dine right next to the boats from Pirates of teh Caribbean!
image082.jpg
AJ waved to each and every boat that passed.
image083.jpg
This was awesome... Crayfish and scallop ravioli.
image084.jpg
FIRE! The real highlight here is the Vanilla Island crème brûlée. It tastes amazing as well as looking cool!
image085.jpg
It only took us an hour and half to have a three course meal here. A big improvement in service time over Bistrot Chez Remy!
image086.jpg
So there you go... As far as visits to DLP go this one was pretty good. Although I find the real thing that happens to me when I visit DLP is just gives me an even stronger desire to visit one of the better Disney resorts (i.e. All of them). Guess I better do that soon then!

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by Divv3k on Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:57 am.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Re: Photo TR: The Brit Crew in Paris!

Postby rcjp » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:48 pm

Great report! I was sad that when I got in line for big thunder mountain on my last visit to the park it closed. It was my first ever coaster so it'll always be a bit special.
My last visit was in 2011 and I remember I got a very smooth front seat ride on indiana jones, a non rough ride on space mountain's second car and a pretty rough one on the fourth. glad to see they really are going to work on it.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby AJMouse » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:49 am

Still can't believe it took us 3 hours to get to the end of the maze!

By the way, I was listenin to "On The Boardwalk" by "Rick Benjamin & The Paragon Ragtime Orchestra" while reading this update. And it added so much, hehe.
Last edited by AJMouse on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:01 am.

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:56 am

Cool photos Divv! My ride on space wasn't as rough as in 2008 when it beat the crap out of me but its still a really bad ride when compared to the uncntrolled crazy airtime of Florida and the staging of California and Tokyo. It's a shame, I just hope they fix it when they do the rehab!!

Can you see the donkey in my toast?

Postby Garet » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:23 am

I really enjoyed space mountain but this was way way back when it had just become mission 2 so maybe I was just lucky that it had just come off a huge rehab session.

I know EXACTLY where my passport is!

Postby TPDave » Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:10 am

^ well it was only half its current age back the. As well so it probably all fed into it. I'm just amazed that Disney put their guests through that!

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby gardyloo! » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:36 pm

Great TR, the pics are really beautiful.
It's nice to see dl paris picking up there games, hopefully the're going to open a new ride (in disneyland park), because that has been a while :roll:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby thrillerman1 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:02 pm

So much win in this TR. Thanks Divv!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby hey...hey » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:25 pm

Nice trip report.

Man I miss some Earl of Sandwich...my wife and I love their holiday sandwich. Thankfully they put it on the menu year round.
Coaster Count: Steel-55 Wood-13 Total-68

Favorite element on SkyRush is the Stengel Dive!

Postby BDG » Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:42 pm

I feel like I'm being too positive about this visit to Disneyland Park Paris so here's a a negative... A lot of parts of the park looked like they were in bad need of a rehab. This fountain area at Dumbo is one such example. It's not something that's ever going to ruin your day but it is quite surprisng to see in a Disney park.

When did you guys visit? Because it was cleaned last week:

InsideDLParis ‏@InsideDLParis Oct 24
The waterfalls around Dumbo the Flying Elephant have been cleaned again

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive