Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

P. 75: Plans filed for a B&M in 2020
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Re: Gröna Lund Discussion Thread

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:24 am

I love it! That is great viral marketing! :lmao: :lover: :lmao:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby StealthFan » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:22 am

I didn't realise that many people actually scanned QR codes. This is the best use to date I have seen for them though! Have to love Grona Lund for doing something different!

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Totopez » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:28 pm

It would be possible to either expand the haunted house or build a new attraction next to it. The building to the right of Spökhuset used to be "the games house", filled with amusement machines, pinball machines etc. My god, I spent sooooo much money in there when I was a kid...

Sinne that closed down, I think it has been used as fluffy, fluffy bunny filled with medicine and goo rooms for park staff, but I guess you would like to use such a central spot in your park for something public.

However, I would find it strange to build a second scare attraction (or third, if you count the Ghost Train Blå Tåget). So my guess is a complete make over and expansion for the Haunted House (Spökhuset).

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:14 am

Hey, I actually guessed right this time (it was pretty easy this time though)! It is a replacment for the haunted house and it will be called, as revealed in the anagram, House of Nightmares. It will be made by Sally, which is totally awesome!

You are standing in front of a desolate and abandoned house. No one knows what is waiting inside, but one thing is certain – something evil is lurking in the dark. The nightmare experiments once conducted by the legendary Dr. Morphio have come to life and roam the hallways and rooms of the house. Do you dare step into Dr. Morphio’s House of Nightmares and face your worst nightmares?

In April 2015, the worst horror experiences of its kind opens at Gröna Lund. It will be a new haunted house where visitors themselves pass through the old dark house where horrific nightmares await.

The attraction has been developed together with the amusement park industry’s leading creator of special effects and animatronics, the Sally Corporation (USA), which has developed similar attractions at amusement parks around the world for over 35 years.

Exactly what visitors will find in the house’s various rooms will not be revealed. If you want to know, you simply need the courage to step into the house. Welcome!

THE STORY OF DR. MORPHIO’S HOUSE OF NIGHTMARES
Our dark story begins in 1953 in New Orleans, Louisiana (USA), where the noted scientist Dr. Morphio was conducting research into the human subconscious and the nature of dreams. It was at a time when television began to take its obvious place in people's living rooms and Dr. Morhpio was already far ahead of his time. He created a television program called Dreamland, in which he interpreted his guests' dreams...and nightmares.

The program was very popular and Dr. Morphio quickly became a well-known and respected television personality. But when he was at the peak of his career came the revelation that shocked everyone. It turned out that his research was profoundly unethical, illegal and inhumane. He had conducted experiments on human subjects where with forcible and brutal methods he tried to extract the dreams from their consciousness in order to bring them to life.

Dr. Morphio fled from the outraged American population and retreated to a secluded old house near the Stockholm harbor. Unfazed by criticism, he continued his controversial and dangerous experiments hidden behind the house’s facade. He documented everything on video, and it was rumored that he actually managed to create living beings out of his patients' worst nightmares. A couple of years ago, a documentary film team, hoping to learn the truth about Dr. Morphio and his terrible experiments, arrived at his secluded house. But the doctor had vanished without a trace. Instead, the team found something truly horrific. The rumors were true. The nightmares that the doctor had succeeded in bringing to life were still lurking in the dark, infesting the house’s rooms and hallways.

What happened to Dr. Morphio remains a mystery, but his house is still standing. No one knows what is waiting in there. Are you ready to come face-to-face with your worst nightmares? But be careful – the living nightmares might follow you home and invade your dreams...you may never sleep again!

Gröna Lund homepage info
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:54 am

This is a really amazing concept. Although, the last photo just looks like somebody's butt is in my face. :p

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:33 am

GwaziBSRider1 wrote:Although, the last photo just looks like somebody's butt is in my face. :p

lol, this was my first thought as well!
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:22 am

Gröna Lund has sent us a press release announcing their newest attraction, billed as their scariest attraction ever!

Gröna Lund to build their scariest attraction ever

Gröna Lund is building a new attraction for the 2015 season. Today, the amusement park revealed that next year’s new attraction is called "House of Nightmares" and it will comprise the worst form of frightening sensations one can experience at an amusement park. Visitors will find themselves stepping into Dr. Morphio’s abandoned house, which is haunted by dark nightmares.

You are standing in front of a desolate and abandoned house. No one knows what is waiting inside, but one thing is certain – something evil is lurking in the dark. The nightmare experiments once conducted by the legendary Dr. Morphio have come to life and roam the hallways and rooms of the house. Do you dare step into Dr. Morphio’s House of Nightmares and face your worst nightmares?

World leading Sally Corporation is building the new haunted house at Gröna Lund
Gröna Lund's new attraction for 2015 is called "House of Nightmares”, a new haunted house where visitors themselves pass through the old dark house where horrific nightmares await. The attraction has been developed together with the amusement park industry’s leading creator of special effects and animatronics, the Sally Corporation (USA), which has developed many haunted attractions at amusement parks around the world for over 35 years.

“Together with Sally Corporation, Gröna Lund will create one of the worst horror experiences of its kind. Through advanced technology and special effects, we will challenge all our visitors' minds and we are currently discussing what the age limit should be for the House of Nightmares. This horror experience is not for everyone”, says Peter Osbeck, Ride Manager at Gröna Lund.

Horror investment of more than US $3.4 million
Gröna Lund will invest more than US $3.4 million in House of Nightmares, and the attraction will be equipped with the very latest in digital technology and animatronics along with trained actors. Exactly what visitors will find in the house’s various rooms will not be revealed before the press preview on April 21, but Gröna Lund’s followers on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/gronalundstivoli), Instagram (@gronalund, #glnightmare) or their website (http://www.gronalund.com/nightmare) will have some nightmares revealed as the house’s construction progresses.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Postby GwaziBSRider1 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:25 am

This looks like a great haunted house. It will definitely be too scary for me to go inside. Live actors = no go.

I had sex with N-Tag before you did.

Postby Jakizle » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:43 am

Wow! Really awesome concept. Like I needed another reason to go back to Grona Lund after our amazing visit this summer! Anyone have any idea where in the park this will be located? Taking over another attraction or a new build? Love it

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:27 am

^ Judging by how the roof is looking in that title drawing, I am pretty sure it will be a redo of the park's two floor Spookhouse. And the announcement of Sally Corp. being involved, makes me wonder if it's still going to be a walk-through or not. Has Sally done stuff with walk-throughs at all? I can't remember if they ever have.
GronaLundFunHouse.jpg
It doesn't show much of the roof, but enough to guess that this is where House of Nightmares will/could be.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!