Liseberg Discussion Thread

Pg 272: Valkyria Construction Tour
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: Liseberg Discussion Thread

Postby KingRCT3 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 1:58 am

Blue Fire is the perfect coaster for me. The layout is excellent, the inversions are perfectly executed, and the scenery interaction is top-notch, especially on the twisted horseshoe. ;)

Yet I think Helix is better because it got even more in it! :b
It's an amazing terrain coaster, the trains are looking even better, the layout is damn smooth yet intense, it has a bunch of varied inversions and really strong airtimes, you can ride it at night with lights on the train and it's along the best thing you can ever experience coaster-wise, the soundtrack by IMAscore is blasted with deep bass throughout the queue line and it's amazing, etc.

The only point where Blue Fire beats Helix is on the vibrations. Because unfortunately, I got some on Helix, and nothing noticeable on Blue Fire. :?r

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:33 am

KingRCT3 wrote:The only point where Blue Fire beats Helix is on the vibrations. Because unfortunately, I got some on Helix, and nothing noticeable on Blue Fire. :?r

That's unfortunate, and it has been mentioned by a few people. I wonder what are the causes, what can make a new ride rattle (like gatekeeper).
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby lond » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:03 am

Liseberg and Mack have found some sources to the vibration and going to fix that until next summer season.

/// Marcus
On Quest for the Holy G Force
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby KingRCT3 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:14 am

Wow, amazing! Thanks for the info, that's the best news of the [s]day[/s] year! ;)

By the way, what about the noise barrier on the top-hat? Is it going to be installed or not finally?

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:05 am

Well that was only a matter of time!

We need to remember that Mack have not built anything of this scale before, so some fine tuning was inevitable. I'm sure the ride will be totally smooth next year.

KingRCT3 wrote:By the way, what about the noise barrier on the top-hat? Is it going to be installed or not finally?

The noise barrier will only be installed if the neighbors to the park starts complaining about the screaming, and I haven't heard anything that indicates it would be needed yet.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Thisisruss » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:54 am

loop-de-loop wrote:For anyone who had rode both, which is better? Blue Fire or Helix?

Helix has so much more to offer in ride experience but yet blue has great themeing.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby jackandylan123 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:35 pm

Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Postby Totopez » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:32 am

It's up on the website now, Mechanica is a Star Shape from Zierer.

http://liseberg.com/en/home/Amusement-Park/Rides--Attractions/Mechanica-2015/

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby lond » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:56 am

Now has Liseberg released what the new attraction for next year is:

Link to Liseberg: Mechanica

Liseberg continues to invest in exceptional ride experiences. In spring 2015 the amusement park will open Mechanica, a powerful, high-speed attraction that spins riders through 360 degrees – 30 metres up in the air.

Mechanica is an attraction that will challenge even the most daring. The ride can best be described as flying at high speed in a pendulum motion while gradually spinning round on two axes through 360 degrees.

Mechanica will be five metres taller than SpinRock, will swing 60 degrees more than Uppswinget and its seats will be free to rotate through 360 degrees, like the old TopSpin ride. Put simply, Mechanica has taken the best of all the scariest rides and added special toppings of everything.

“We know that many of our guests want more attractions of this type. The attraction we have chosen is also one of the very best available in its class,” says Andreas Andersen, CEO of Liseberg.

Mechanica will undoubtedly be one of the most impressive attractions in the park in terms of ride experience and concept.

“We want to offer our guests something that goes beyond the 90 seconds of the ride itself,” explains Andreas Andersen. “Through a combination of unique design, carefully selected music and inspiration draw from eighteenth-century Gothenburg we are aiming to create an all-round experience. It will be a strange machine that mixes contemporary and historical elements, like something straight out of a fairy tale.”

Its wide range of attractions makes Liseberg one of the best amusement parks in Europe for thrill seekers. The selection includes some of the top roller coasters in Europe, including Helix, Lisebergbanan and Balder. The arrival of Mechanica will bring the number of attractions up to 42.

“There are not many parks in Europe that can compete with Liseberg in terms of ride experiences. Mechanica will push us even further up the rankings in the high-adrenalin ride category. But while we have these really challenging attractions we also have Rabbit Land for families with young children. Liseberg has something for everyone,” says Andreas Andersen.

Liseberg – and Mechanica – will open for the summer season on 25 April 2015.

Mechanica facts:
Investment: SEK 30 million
Height: around 30 metres
Ride time: around 90 seconds
Number of riders: 30 (6 gondolas with 5 seats each)
Capacity: 600 people per hour
Minimum height: 140 cm
Attraction type: Star Shape
Manufacturer: Zierer Karussell- und Spezialmaschinenbau GmbH
mechanica484.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:29 am.
On Quest for the Holy G Force
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImage

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:50 am

I really like the color and theme of this ride. It can definitely pop out from Liseberg's skyline with it's height and color.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!