TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

For those who cannot see the newest park map linked on the last page (probably a majority of you, the image is ridiculously huge, it took around three minutes to load for me), I've created an image showing where Skycatcher probably will go based on both the map and an aerial from Bing Maps. It seems it may be reusing the old go-karts queue, which I've indicated with some blue lines.SkycatcherLoc.jpg.4ccddb6dca12c77d75b3b99f18b88dd3.jpg

Estimated ride pad location marked by teal circle with red circle inside. Note the former go kart's currently unused queue.

Edited by Thunder_Run

Does anyone think it's weird they are putting Skycatcher in the middle of the water park side? Once you go over the bridge it was pretty split between waterpark on the left and dry rides on the right (which I liked)...but now this ride totally ruins that haha.

Edit -> I guess the ferris wheel is over there also, but I just dislike the idea of having the water park and amusement park all the same!

Kentucky Kingdom as a whole has had a weird problem with placement of various rides throughout its history, bad or just odd.Bluebeard's Bounty was hardly ever filled once Vampire was removed due to it being on a dead end, the entirety of Northwest Territory was difficult to find due to the large amount of trees blocking the view of the only small entrance to the area between the Flying Dutchman and Bella Musica, and now Skycatcher and Cyclos (Why directly behind the flying scooters?) Even some sections of Hurricane Bay have been placed in weird places, like the play structure and Tornado (especially Tornado, given that it basically looks almost like its in normal part of the park since it was built where the Quake was. Really garish too in the Belgian Village)

Kentucky Kingdom has the weirdest layout for a park. Period.

Wow, look at all of those trees they've added to the park map. The landscaping crew sure is planning ahead on keeping the park from looking like a concrete jungle in the upcoming years. I noticed last weekend that they've even started work under LR!

IMG_6646(Edited)(800x).thumb.jpg.9a86b64a4af90abcaf447513efab1cf6.jpg

Shot from last weekend. What was dirt under Lightning Run is now that fertilizer stuff you lay on top of the dirt to grow grass... I forget what they call them.

And I agree on the placement of rides. Skycatcher is reeeally singled-out among the other dry rides. Like, it's basically in the water park now, haha. But they gotta to make-do with whatever available plots of land they have. Plus, I'm sure the view at the top from where it'll be would be pretty nice.

For those who cannot see the newest park map linked on the last page (probably a majority of you, the image is ridiculously huge, it took around three minutes to load for me), I've created an image showing where Skycatcher probably will go based on both the map and an aerial from Bing Maps. It seems it may be reusing the old go-karts queue, which I've indicated with some blue lines.

kk.png.87b3c1959e497bc0f6d5b72a3d28f664.png

Wow, look at all of those trees they've added to the park map. The landscaping crew sure is planning ahead on keeping the park from looking like a concrete jungle in the upcoming years. I noticed last weekend that they've even started work under LR!

[attachment=0]IMG_6646(Edited)(800x).jpg[/attachment]

And I agree on the placement of rides. Skycatcher is reeeally singled-out among the other dry rides. Like, it's basically in the water park now, haha. But they gotta to make-do with whatever available plots of land they have. Plus, I'm sure the view at the top from where it'll be would be pretty nice.

Lighting Run looks almost inverted from this angle!

^Thanks.

I wonder if T3 will receive a new color scheme or just a re-paint.

It will receive new trains, and a new color scheme for 2015. ( From KK reply to someone's comment on their FB page.) now, if we could find out what color.

Red according to this.

http://www.wave3.com/clip/10625671/kentucky-kingdom-to-add-5-rides-in-2015

^Thanks.

I wonder if T3 will receive a new color scheme or just a re-paint.

It will receive new trains, and a new color scheme for 2015. ( From KK reply to someone's comment on their FB page.) now, if we could find out what color.

Red according to this.

http://www.wave3.com/clip/10625671/kentucky-kingdom-to-add-5-rides-in-2015

Solid red? That's boring. I hope that they actually repaint it instead of just taking the black off.

image.jpg.15e84334589b48f9be662b26c05649bb.jpg