TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/hollywood-studios/studio-backlot-tour/

Go behind the scenes to see how special effects in movies are made during this exciting pyrotechnic show and tram tour. Please Note: The final day for this attraction will be September 27, 2014.

The closure of the Studio Backlot Tour after September 27th, 2014 has been officially confirmed.

image.thumb.jpg.fb400297a0afbbfdce3158ff25c9808e.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

Can I say this all but confirms Star Wars Land or whatever they're gonna call it?

Not really. I doubt Star Wars is going to take over half of the park. There are most likely going to be lots of new franchises added to the park.

What franchises? Frozen is going in Epcot, and we already have an attract similar to Radiator Springs Racers.

Can I say this all but confirms Star Wars Land or whatever they're gonna call it?

Not really. I doubt Star Wars is going to take over half of the park. There are most likely going to be lots of new franchises added to the park.

What franchises? Frozen is going in Epcot, and we already have an attract similar to Radiator Springs Racers.

Yes. Because Frozen, Cars, and Star Wars are the only franchises Disney has available You have Monsters Inc, Avengers, Indiana Jones, and hundreds of other choices.

Anyways, the Studio Backlot Tour needed to go. There are a few fun parts, but the rest of it is just driving past movie props that nobody really gives a crap about. Whatever replaces it will be far better.

Well Just off the top of my head;

Pixar: Walle, Up, Incredibles are three great IP's that have not been used as major attractions.

LucasFilm: Obviously Star Wars and there can always be more done with Indy.

Live Action: Tron is a big property that can be used.

I personally wouldn't used Marvel in DHS (of course they cant use them until Universal gives them up). I would save the Marvel Cinematic Universe for a 5th gate.

Yes. Because Frozen, Cars, and Star Wars are the only franchises Disney has available You have Monsters Inc, Avengers, Indiana Jones, and hundreds of other choices.

Anyways, the Studio Backlot Tour needed to go. There are a few fun parts, but the rest of it is just driving past movie props that nobody really gives a crap about. Whatever replaces it will be far better.

Yes, they have hundreds of franchises, however, you have to take in that for what franchise in trending. Is the franchise big enough for a land? Or even an attraction? They can't use Marvel yet, Indy shouldn't have a land, I don't think Monsters Inc would be a good fit. Unless you are talking about individual attractions and no themed land, they don't have a lot of options.

Well Just off the top of my head;

Pixar: Walle, Up, Incredibles are three great IP's that have not been used as major attractions.

LucasFilm: Obviously Star Wars and there can always be more done with Indy.

Live Action: Tron is a big property that can be used.

I personally wouldn't used Marvel in DHS (of course they cant use them until Universal gives them up). I would save the Marvel Cinematic Universe for a 5th gate.

Wouldn't the Pixar attractions go in PIXAR Place? Indy shouldn't have a land and Tron would really just ruin my life. (I REALLY HATE Tron.)

Wouldn't the Pixar attractions go in PIXAR Place? Indy shouldn't have a land and Tron would really just ruin my life. (I REALLY HATE Tron.)

Well considering that the Studio Tram Tour is right next to Pixar Place...

Fair enough... but I still think a new land will be Star Wars themed.

Well considering that the Studio Tram Tour is right next to Pixar Place...

Fair enough... but I still think a new land will be Star Wars themed.

Yes, most likely there will be a Star Wars area. But what we are trying to say is that it isn't going to take over more than half of the park. There will more than likely be 2-3 IPs involved.

^ Exactly. I was never a fan of the Backlot Tour, in fact I had realized about 3 months ago that I hadn't ridden it in over seven years, but it's still nice to have the recording of it in case you ever want to go back and see how things change over time.

I'm hoping they can fix up a lot of those props and move them to other areas of the park, kinda like what they did with the tank from The last Crusade. It was originally on the Tram Tour but they moved it next to the Indy Stunt Show. Also Walt Disney's plane would be great to see in another area. There is a lot of history in those props and I would just hate to see them scrap them.