TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

Thanks dude, I'll consider it!

Also thanks to the TPR social media feeds, I'm even more excited for my visit tomorrow!

Does the central hub construction impede on fireworks / projection show / paraade viewing at all?

The hub construction really has no impact on fireworks/projection show, however we found it best to be on the castle side of the bridge that way you are not trying to look over the construction walls . . . twice my family saw the fireworks from behind the castle . . . it is a different show if you have never seen it from back there . . . they actually shoot off fireworks from two different locations . . . you can't tell that from in front of the castle, it just looks like one location all together . . . quite a different perspective from back there . . . are you only going for one day A.J.? If so, have a magical day! . . . we'll talk when you get back to PA . . .

• 3 weeks later...

^It isn't likely that the Magic Kingdom will be receiving any major attention aside from the current hub expansion and perhaps a new castle fireworks show before the other parks in the resort do. Epcot hasn't had a major addition since Soarin', Disney's Hollywood Studios hasn't since Toy Story Mania and Disney's Animal Kingdom hasn't since Expedition Everest. It is to be expected that those parks will be focused on now that New Fantasyland is complete, and current projects announced seem to imply thst this will be the case.

Animal Kingdom has Avatar, Rivers of Light, a new nighttime version Kilimanjaro Safaris and new park entertainment on the way in addition to the recently completed expansion to Harambe in the form of the relocated Festival of the Lion King show. Epcot has announced new entertainment offerings for World Showcase and it is rumored that the park may see other attractions added to the park lineup in the near future, along with one existing attraction being updated/expanded. Disney's Hollywood Studios just closed The American Idol Experience months earlier than planned along with a few other in-park venues for an unannounced reason. That coupled with the growing belief that this park will be the home of further Star Wars developments lends credence to the notion that this park will receive some work soon enough. With all of these projects in the pipeline along with ones we're surely unaware of, it looks like the Magic Kingdom is set for now.

Now that New Fantasyland is FINALLY complete, what could be the next thing coming to the Magic Kingdom?

Um...maybe not finally? There's the plot of land all behind where Beauty & Beast Rest. and Mermaid ride

intersect at the back, there? The path between them, could lead to the:

Blue Sky Rumor, that there was ample room to build an an entire Villains Land behind

Fantasyland, with Mt.Doom towering up behind it all, as this land's centerpiece.

Just a memory of it. Would be awesome, if possible.

(EDIT to add: And then they could bring back Alien Encounter!)

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/09/frozen-attraction-coming-to-epcot/

When Walt Disney promised that Disneyland would never be completed, so long as there is imagination left in the world, he made a promise to our guests that we take seriously at all our locations around the world. This year, one particular product of imagination — Disney Animation’s blockbuster hit “Frozen” — captured the hearts and minds of people around the world and gave us a new opportunity to make good on Walt’s pledge.

We’ve made “Frozen” a part of the guest experience in a number of ways already and our guests have both loved them and asked for more. So I’m pleased to say that we’re starting construction at Walt Disney World Resort on a brand new “Frozen” attraction at the Norway Pavilion in Epcot. The new attraction, which replaces Maelstrom, will take our guests to Arendelle and immerse them in many of their favorite moments and music from the film. The pavilion will also include a royal greeting location where Anna and Elsa can meet our guests. We think these “Frozen” elements are great compliments to the Norway Pavilion, which showcases the country and region that inspired the film.

“Frozen’s” popular characters will also have a bigger presence at Magic Kingdom Park this holiday season. In addition to the ongoing character appearances, Queen Elsa will use her powers to transform Cinderella Castle into an ice palace every night starting in early November. And Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party-goers can see Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf in “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.”

We’re extending some favorite elements of Frozen Summer Fun LIVE!, too, so that guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios can continue singing along to “Frozen” songs with Queen Elsa and Princess Anna. Wandering Oaken’s will set up shop closer to the show through the holiday season and will feature a larger play area with real snow (in Florida!).

From the moment we screened the film several months before its release, we were inspired by the possibility of bringing this great story to life for our guests. Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! has been extremely popular, and now we’re looking forward to doing even more to allow our guests to experience the “Frozen” phenomenon.

image.jpg.21e67ee7dcd5761eb59ec88c7575a45b.jpg

image.jpg.d7af2af8f2ce77d863c0906a63d4f41c.jpg

All right, so ever since I saw a post here about the mysterious chicken and waffle sandwiches at the Sleepy Hollow Inn in Magic Kingdom, I had to try them and when my family and I went there several days ago, we did. HOLY CRAP THEY ARE AMAZING! Even my finnicky wife was intrigued and got one, and she loved it. We'll have to try the ham and cheese waffle or the Nutella and banana waffle next time we go.

DSC02468.thumb.JPG.854d01e83e9a6e847ee8786f154d38d6.JPG

Just one guys opinion, Frozen was a fun, cute, animated film. But I'm so over seeing it everywhere. Hollywood Studios is effectively Frozen park right now and its pretty obnoxious.

In this particular case I think that it fits the setting incredibly well, especially considering that the front of the castle doubles as a show stage.

• 2 weeks later...
Now that New Fantasyland is FINALLY complete, what could be the next thing coming to the Magic Kingdom?

Um...maybe not finally? There's the plot of land all behind where Beauty & Beast Rest. and Mermaid ride

intersect at the back, there? The path between them, could lead to the:

Blue Sky Rumor, that there was ample room to build an an entire Villains Land behind

Fantasyland, with Mt.Doom towering up behind it all, as this land's centerpiece.

Just a memory of it. Would be awesome, if possible.

(EDIT to add: And then they could bring back Alien Encounter!)

Speaking from personal experience, I can tell you that they're pretty much certain to not add anything (certainly not anything guest-based) any further "back" than the existing structure, due to fallout from the fireworks. If you go out to the service road area (Magic Kingdom Drive) behind Pinnochio's/Be Our Guest after Wishes, there's definitely large shells spread around on the pavement. Also, the fireworks are supremely loud in that area, so it couldn't possibly be pleasant for a large number of people...

They could always just not do fireworks from that location...but given the way the current buildings are set up to face the park and the infrastructure in place back there, I wouldn't count on an expansion back there for 20 years.

They do have LOTS of room behind the Speedway/Space Mountain, and even more behind Big Thunder Mountain. Maybe something after Pixar, Frozen, and Avatar reach the end of their marketing cycle in 2022 or so.

Okay, so I was at Magic Kingdom again today and went to the Sleepy Hollow Inn again. It was in the morning, and they were serving this special omelette waffle sandwich. It was okay (I think I should have put some salsa on it or something), and no where near as a amazing as the spicy chicken waffle sandwich.

DSC02739.thumb.JPG.c06ff0b6cb3f680886eaf06917c757d6.JPG

DSC02740.thumb.JPG.44e6a1409f37234cc1d43fd7a500e440.JPG

DSC02741.thumb.JPG.d365e81c42d1e5c723790eae6b64037f.JPG

DSC02742.thumb.JPG.ad49ae7ae3bd0afb0b58ed707d819b99.JPG

Speaking from personal experience, I can tell you that they're pretty much certain to not add anything (certainly not anything guest-based) any further "back" than the existing structure, due to fallout from the fireworks. If you go out to the service road area (Magic Kingdom Drive) behind Pinnochio's/Be Our Guest after Wishes, there's definitely large shells spread around on the pavement. Also, the fireworks are supremely loud in that area, so it couldn't possibly be pleasant for a large number of people...

What about after they start using freakin drones for powder-less fireworks? Eh?

^^ Hidden Tomato Mickey!

Well, you at least got to try the morning offering, and compare the two.

A spicy chicken sounds way more interesting than an omelette,

anyway.

^ And Disney does try to be on the cutting edge of technology when it

comes to doing anything, be it an attraction or a show. So I figure

they could figure out a new and different way of presenting fireworks,

even if it means dividing the focal point (over the castle) to other spots

around and beyond the park's berm.

I know Disneyland over here has their fireworks set up in a few different spots (with some smaller ones dispersed around the perimeter of the park) even though they literally has no room left, so it's totally doable for Magic Kingdom to move the fireworks around with the space they have. Heck, they probably have something planned already once they get around to it (you know... once Avatar land, the Hollywood Studios expansion and Frozen Norway are done). Also, just realized today that you should never trust Google Earth with anything relating to theme park updates; they're embarrassingly outdated.