Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 328: "Disney Genie" digital offering announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:38 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/09/frozen-attraction-coming-to-epcot/

When Walt Disney promised that Disneyland would never be completed, so long as there is imagination left in the world, he made a promise to our guests that we take seriously at all our locations around the world. This year, one particular product of imagination — Disney Animation’s blockbuster hit “Frozen” — captured the hearts and minds of people around the world and gave us a new opportunity to make good on Walt’s pledge.

We’ve made “Frozen” a part of the guest experience in a number of ways already and our guests have both loved them and asked for more. So I’m pleased to say that we’re starting construction at Walt Disney World Resort on a brand new “Frozen” attraction at the Norway Pavilion in Epcot. The new attraction, which replaces Maelstrom, will take our guests to Arendelle and immerse them in many of their favorite moments and music from the film. The pavilion will also include a royal greeting location where Anna and Elsa can meet our guests. We think these “Frozen” elements are great compliments to the Norway Pavilion, which showcases the country and region that inspired the film.

“Frozen’s” popular characters will also have a bigger presence at Magic Kingdom Park this holiday season. In addition to the ongoing character appearances, Queen Elsa will use her powers to transform Cinderella Castle into an ice palace every night starting in early November. And Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party-goers can see Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf in “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.”

We’re extending some favorite elements of Frozen Summer Fun LIVE!, too, so that guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios can continue singing along to “Frozen” songs with Queen Elsa and Princess Anna. Wandering Oaken’s will set up shop closer to the show through the holiday season and will feature a larger play area with real snow (in Florida!).

From the moment we screened the film several months before its release, we were inspired by the possibility of bringing this great story to life for our guests. Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! has been extremely popular, and now we’re looking forward to doing even more to allow our guests to experience the “Frozen” phenomenon.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:04 am

This is an awesome idea and will be really cool.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:22 am

- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Jackdude101 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:11 pm

All right, so ever since I saw a post here about the mysterious chicken and waffle sandwiches at the Sleepy Hollow Inn in Magic Kingdom, I had to try them and when my family and I went there several days ago, we did. HOLY CRAP THEY ARE AMAZING! Even my finnicky wife was intrigued and got one, and she loved it. We'll have to try the ham and cheese waffle or the Nutella and banana waffle next time we go.
DSC02468.JPG

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby hydra » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:18 pm

Just one guys opinion, Frozen was a fun, cute, animated film. But I'm so over seeing it everywhere. Hollywood Studios is effectively Frozen park right now and its pretty obnoxious.

Counts I305 as 32 credits...

Postby A.J. » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:58 pm

hydra wrote:Just one guys opinion, Frozen was a fun, cute, animated film. But I'm so over seeing it everywhere. Hollywood Studios is effectively Frozen park right now and its pretty obnoxious.

In this particular case I think that it fits the setting incredibly well, especially considering that the front of the castle doubles as a show stage.
Data entry nut for the official TPR coaster poll! https://coasterpoll.com/
Check out my theme park 3D visualization portfolio!
The opinions that I post on this forum do not necessarily represent those of the company I work for.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby galahad » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:37 am

Anybody from TPR at the Magic Kingdom today? I will be on a solo visit, be nice to meet somebody from the club :)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby disneypinmaniac » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:30 am

Does anyone have any new pics from the Hub construction?

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby webgoof » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:52 am

Nrthwnd wrote:
SFSTLMO wrote:Now that New Fantasyland is FINALLY complete, what could be the next thing coming to the Magic Kingdom?

Um...maybe not finally? :wink: There's the plot of land all behind where Beauty & Beast Rest. and Mermaid ride
intersect at the back, there? The path between them, could lead to the:

Blue Sky Rumor, that there was ample room to build an an entire Villains Land behind
Fantasyland, with Mt.Doom towering up behind it all, as this land's centerpiece.

Just a memory of it. Would be awesome, if possible. :mickey:

(EDIT to add: And then they could bring back Alien Encounter!)

Speaking from personal experience, I can tell you that they're pretty much certain to not add anything (certainly not anything guest-based) any further "back" than the existing structure, due to fallout from the fireworks. If you go out to the service road area (Magic Kingdom Drive) behind Pinnochio's/Be Our Guest after Wishes, there's definitely large shells spread around on the pavement. Also, the fireworks are supremely loud in that area, so it couldn't possibly be pleasant for a large number of people...
I'm too ADD to count coasters, I just ride them over again!

Parks:
SF: MM, OT, FT, OG. CP. SWO. BGT. USO. IOA. WDW: MK, Epcot, HS, AK, BB, TL. DLR: DL, CA.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:08 pm

^ Ah well, one can still Blue Sky Dream, hmm?
But knowing Disney, they'd work something out. ;)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!