Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

P. 269 - Epcot is getting a makeover!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Re: Walt Disney World Epcot Discussion Thread

Postby brneff99 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:48 pm

that was the wrong post to read after a less than inspiring Dinner on a Thur night...or maybe it was just the right thing...thanks Robb...and so bummed to be missing all of you at WCB this weekend...even though we are locals, we could not overcome schedule conflicts...but I look forward to all of the Social Media updates...

I love craft beers like Bud Light

Postby bbomser » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:40 pm

robbalvey wrote:
bbomser wrote:Robb, highly jealous. Any chance of organizing a F&W gorge-fest for TPR? I know I'm heading over at least once or twice a month.

I've found that doing F&W in a big group is sometimes difficult because everyone wants different things and many people go through it at different speeds. And also being locals, we like to go several times throughout the season, hit up a couple of things here and there, and then come back on a different day for more.

But anything is possible...

Yea, I see what you mean. Unfortunately I'm not "as local" as you guys, so the majority of my time at F&W is spent on the weekends when everybody else is there. Am looking at taking a couple days off during the week to see how "light" the crowds can get.

One of the things I'm looking forward to is being able to guarantee a ride on Soarin or Test Track with FP+. Rides and amazing food/drink, YES PLEASE!

On that note, when I know i'm heading over for the weekend, I'll try to post here. This way if people want to meet up (even for a beer), it makes it a little easier.

-Brian "I need to try that grapefruit wine/beer/drink" Bomser

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby colinlyoung.uk » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:25 am

Taste buds are truly tantalised.
Fell in love with this festival on our first visit 7 or 8 years ago. Thought we were going to miss out this year as we're visiting in September, but thanks to the festival being extended forward, we get to go. =) :lmao: :mickey:

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:32 am

People tend to forgo taste and just get drunk as fast they can with the $1 soju bottles, i've even seen that in what look like juice box cartons ;)

I noticed that during my business trip...South Korean's definitely like to drink! I felt like I was 21 again dropping shots of soju into glasses of beer and chugging them like boiler-makers.

But when you are in a foreign country, you do what the locals do out of respect for their culture...if they want you to drink, then you damn well better drink! ;)

Vagina Wreckage

Postby Barge84 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:49 am

I really hate that this will be 2 straight years that I've missed F&W. I might need to watch for some cheap flights to Florida in October...

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Rai Fox » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:05 am

This looks amazing. I've spent the last couple months thinking I was going to miss this, only to re-check the dates recently and find out that I'll be there just in time for the last day of it. So excited now! And hungry...

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:02 pm

This might be a dumb question but the event opens September 19th but are some of the booths set up and open now? Seems like in the past I remember some of the booths being open before the "official" start of the event? I'm going next Saturday and want me some food and wine dang it!

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:18 pm

Oh Food & Wine Fest! How I miss you so. It's been way too long. I need to get back to you. The offerings look incredible Robb, thanks for sharing. :p :lover: :p

Postby jray21 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:51 pm

Looks like an amazing start to another incredible year of F&W!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:24 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/09/frozen-attraction-coming-to-epcot/

When Walt Disney promised that Disneyland would never be completed, so long as there is imagination left in the world, he made a promise to our guests that we take seriously at all our locations around the world. This year, one particular product of imagination — Disney Animation’s blockbuster hit “Frozen” — captured the hearts and minds of people around the world and gave us a new opportunity to make good on Walt’s pledge.

We’ve made “Frozen” a part of the guest experience in a number of ways already and our guests have both loved them and asked for more. So I’m pleased to say that we’re starting construction at Walt Disney World Resort on a brand new “Frozen” attraction at the Norway Pavilion in Epcot. The new attraction, which replaces Maelstrom, will take our guests to Arendelle and immerse them in many of their favorite moments and music from the film. The pavilion will also include a royal greeting location where Anna and Elsa can meet our guests. We think these “Frozen” elements are great compliments to the Norway Pavilion, which showcases the country and region that inspired the film.

“Frozen’s” popular characters will also have a bigger presence at Magic Kingdom Park this holiday season. In addition to the ongoing character appearances, Queen Elsa will use her powers to transform Cinderella Castle into an ice palace every night starting in early November. And Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party-goers can see Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf in “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.”

We’re extending some favorite elements of Frozen Summer Fun LIVE!, too, so that guests at Disney’s Hollywood Studios can continue singing along to “Frozen” songs with Queen Elsa and Princess Anna. Wandering Oaken’s will set up shop closer to the show through the holiday season and will feature a larger play area with real snow (in Florida!).

From the moment we screened the film several months before its release, we were inspired by the possibility of bringing this great story to life for our guests. Frozen Summer Fun LIVE! has been extremely popular, and now we’re looking forward to doing even more to allow our guests to experience the “Frozen” phenomenon.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:25 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!