Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

P. 45: The beginning of a waterpark in 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Canobie Lake Park Discussion Thread

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:01 am

Every time that I saw the Equinox break down, the arm seemed to only raise about halfway before lowering back down to the platform so I am guessing it is probably something with the hydraulics.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Voyage, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Fury 325, Expedition GeForce, Twisted Colossus, Iron Rattler
Most Recent Trip Reports- Waldameer & Canada's Wonderland

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby Rai Fox » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:21 am

Seems like Canobie got screwed on the new one. There were obviously major issues with the ride from the beginning; I have to wonder if the carnival they bought it from didn't know just what a mess it was, and that's why they were trying to get rid of it. Wonder if there's anything they can do about it now.

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby Stu K » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:01 am

The guy the bought it from keeps his rides in tip top condition one of the smartest presented travelling equipment in the UK! You would have thought they would have had an engineer look at it before they bought it.

Stu K

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:08 pm

Canobie Lake Park has sent us a press release regarding their offerings for the Fall season.

You can’t complain about having nothing to do on a fall weekend, especially if you visit Canobie Lake Park. Canobie is open each weekend during September and October with a range of fall events that is unrivaled in New England.

You can enjoy your favorite Canobie thrill rides – including the park’s wild roller coaster, Untamed – as well as a variety of family and kids’ rides, games and attractions each day and evening during the park’s weekend operating hours. Beginning September 13, you’ll want to check out the “Magic Seed” area that features a petting zoo open every Saturday and Sunday from 1PM to 5PM through November 1. Youngsters and their families can interact with a variety of gentle animals and enjoy a hay sculpture garden and activities geared especially for kids.

Then on September 27, SCREEEMFEST adds a healthy dose of fear to all the fun after dark, haunting Canobie Lake Park each weekend through November 1. You’ll have plenty to “screeem” about with five terrifying haunted houses, rides, roaming “monsters” and a monster parade, Halloween-themed games and much more.

Canobie Lake Park is also known for delivering quality live entertainment at no additional charge, and fall is no exception. Get ready to rock with the debut of Canobie’s new ROCKtoberfest event that will feature a different rock tribute band each weekend from September 27 through November 1 on Canobie’s Midway Stage. On tap are professional touring bands performing tributes to the music of Bon Jovi, Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, The Police, Van Halen and Journey.

As if that wasn’t enough, the live and freaky “Side Show Variety Show,” also on the Park’s Midway Stage, will make audience members gasp at strange feats of physical daring that are truly not for the faint of heart.

One low admission price for the Park’s fall events includes all haunted houses, operating rides, ROCKtoberfest and the Petting Zoo, live entertainment and more. For Park hours, show schedules, directions, and more information, visit canobie.com.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby canobiefanatic » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:22 am

The park had a Q&A yesterday. Here are the major details.

You won't see Cannonball and the carousel going anytime soon.
Cannonball will NOT be RMC'd.
Cannonball might get individual lap bars.
New ride for next year is replacing Equinox, they were hinting at a Zamperla.
The park wants to get a woodie, it was their first choice before Untamed, but sound restrictions didn't allow it.
Coaster Count: 62
Top 10: 1. Fury 325 2. Leviathan 3. El Toro 4. Wicked Cyclone 5. Behemoth 6. Cheetah Hunt 7. Superman The Ride 8. Intimidator 9. Apollo's Chariot 10. Verbolten

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:48 am

This park is the best. It really is, they work so hard and they are still family owned. The management team isn't vewry big so they all work like crazy making this park look beautiful and updated. Canobie rocks!
Yankee Cannonball <3

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby coasterchitchat » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:26 pm

canobiefanatic wrote:New ride for next year is replacing Equinox, they were hinting at a Zamperla.

Maybe they'll get a Zamperla Air Race?
Last edited by coasterchitchat on Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:31 pm.
Vekoma is English means, "We don't have the budget for a B&M so let's just order a Vekoma."

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Somebody brought the air race up yesterday during the Q&A. It is being considered as is the zamperla hawk.
Yankee Cannonball <3

Postby ScreaminNewEngland » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:09 pm

Yankee Cannonball <3

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby canobiefanatic » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:37 pm

ScreaminNewEngland wrote:Image

:nina:
Coaster Count: 62
Top 10: 1. Fury 325 2. Leviathan 3. El Toro 4. Wicked Cyclone 5. Behemoth 6. Cheetah Hunt 7. Superman The Ride 8. Intimidator 9. Apollo's Chariot 10. Verbolten

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!