TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

They are selling their 2015 Season Passes for $ 59.00 until the end of September and it states they will have 6 new attractions next year. We already know of 3 things for next year T3, Raging Rapids and the Amphitheater, wonder what the other 3 will be? They said the Sea Lions will be back for next year.

I assume the fourth one will be the enterprise. The fifth and sixth attractions are still up in the air - it could be anything from two new flat rides to a new movie in the 5D Theater and something else.

Forgot about the Enterprise, guess that will be the fourth.

They are selling their 2015 Season Passes for $ 59.00 until the end of September and it states they will have 6 new attractions next year. We already know of 3 things for next year T3, Raging Rapids and the Amphitheater, wonder what the other 3 will be? They said the Sea Lions will be back for next year.

I assume the fourth one will be the enterprise. The fifth and sixth attractions are still up in the air - it could be anything from two new flat rides to a new movie in the 5D Theater and something else.

I'm hoping for a new flat ride, I'm not holing my breath, but I'd love to see one. Something eventually has to be done with the back half of the park. It's kind of a mess now. Not just from being closed, but also from the drag racers sitting empty for like 15 years now. Hopefully they'll fix it up off season in preparation for the twins opening back up in 2016.

I'd like to see it go somewhere in the back near the falls. That way it could be seen from Crittenden Drive. The Drag racers take up quite a bit of room. A lot could be done in that area.

At the very least, they could run more exciting programs on breakdance and the flying scooters :\

1621410238_ScreenShot2014-09-03at3_00_47PM.png.2e6ad176ec8e8b64de95812514369f82.png

The flying scooters are alright (considering the amount of creaking it does that always freaks me out whenever I ride it ). But yes, not only have faster running programs for Breakdance, but also loosen some of the carriages to allow more spinning. Some barely spin at all, and it makes for a very tame ride. I remember it used to be so much more wild.

I'm not sure if they'll try to brand Enterprise as new or not, but we're forgetting about the water park. Best to expect at least one new attraction there and hopefully decent new flat or two.

And not to sound like I heard it from the Dippin' Dots guy but a few people I know who work at the park have mentioned that Ed Hart was considering playing with the budget and moving some projects scheduled for later years around to try and compete with the Thunderbird announcement.

I'm not sure if they'll try to brand Enterprise as new or not, but we're forgetting about the water park. Best to expect at least one new attraction there and hopefully decent new flat or two.

And not to sound like I heard it from the Dippin' Dots guy but a few people I know who work at the park have mentioned that Ed Hart was considering playing with the budget and moving some projects scheduled for later years around to try and compete with the Thunderbird announcement.

Oh wow that would be amazing. Thunderbird looks alright. I was a little disappointed in it, it's just a little underwhelming to me. I'm looking forward to seeing more B&M launches in the future now! Also looking at what RMC is doing with twisted colossus, I'm HYPED about what could be coming to the twins! They already have a more interesting footprint, so if the rumors for it are true, it will be a huge win for KK. I don't expect to see a RMC at holiday world or kings island in foreseeable future.

That's great!

Oh wow that would be amazing. Thunderbird looks alright. I was a little disappointed in it, it's just a little underwhelming to me. I'm looking forward to seeing more B&M launches in the future now! Also looking at what RMC is doing with twisted colossus, I'm HYPED about what could be coming to the twins! They already have a more interesting footprint, so if the rumors for it are true, it will be a huge win for KK. I don't expect to see a RMC at holiday world or kings island in foreseeable future.

i hope the name doesnt start with IRON

i hope the name doesnt start with IRON

I wouldn't care if it did, I'm getting a wing rider so close to me. Now it would be a dream come true if KK got an RMC.

"Iron Twins, coming in 2016!"

I'm sure they'll come up with something other than what Six Flags has done... I hope. They level'ed-up T-square to T-Cubed (remember, its original name was Terror to the Second Power). Maybe this'll become a next level Twisted Sist... er, Twisted Twins!

Warped Twins? Even More Twisted Twins? Twisted Twins' Revenge? Twisted-Twisted Twins?

I'm sure they'll come up with something other than what Six Flags has done... I hope. They level'ed-up T-square to T-Cubed (remember, its original name was Terror to the Second Power). Maybe this'll become a next level Twisted Sist... er, Twisted Twins!

Warped Twins? Even More Twisted Twins? Twisted Twins' Revenge? Twisted-Twisted Twins?

New Double Trouble?

My KK wish list-

RMC- With a height of at least 100' , two or more inversions. And a whole bunch of Airtime.

B&M- Maybe a floorless, flyer, or launched.

Intamin- One good Intamin coaster would fit in Kentucky Kingdom perfectly. A coaster similar to Maverick would be amazing.

Landscaping- A whole bunch of plant life does a park good. Get a huge variety and bushel them up in certain areas of the part.

Drop Tower- Yes, the park has a Larson tower. But, I would love to see something like the old Superman or an S&S launch tower come in.

Free pop- KK needs free pop, IMO. It's what gets a lot of people to Holiday World.

Expansion- I know the land is owned by the fair board. But KK could really use a little expansion space.

I'm kind of surprised they used the Road Runner Express pad for a flat ride of all things. There's a large open space behind Professor John's Flying Machines that is virtually inaccessible now. For my wish list, I'd move the Flying Machines over so as to be inside the helix of Lightning Run (which is just begging to have some sort of ride put there eventually!) and add a coaster in its spot. I imagine a spinning coaster would do KK well, such as a Maurer ride like Steel Dragon/Laff Trakk/Undertow. I'm also interested to see if Ed Hart intends to reopen the Top Eliminator Dragsters, or replace them. I certainly like what Lagoon did to replace theirs!

I'm not sure how feasible such additions would be... I've never been to Kentucky Kingdom, but I'm hoping I can change that in the coming years!

A bit off topic, but do you know how Thunder Run is usually a very tricky coaster to get a good photograph of? Well, when I last descended the stairs of Mile High's viewing platform 5 days ago, I looked forward and noticed that there was an opening revealing a sweet spot for Thunder Run's first airtime hill. I'm just now going through my camera's memory card and almost forgot about these shots. I felt a bit accomplished since I didn't have any good photos of the coaster until then!

IMG_5196(Edited)(800x).jpg.9f6b029988f400e3927225153736fdee.jpg

Front of train

IMG_5197(Edited)(800x).jpg.d7d65d97051867f0dfa7be52ee5d1ad8.jpg

A bit more hairtime in this pic!

IMG_5198(Edited)(800x).jpg.5df49ca8b212a8af04ed421d3e75218b.jpg

Back of train

Edited by Midgetman82

A bit off topic, I'm just now going through my camera's memory card and noticed these: Do you know how Thunder Run is usually a very tricky coaster to get a good photograph of? Well, when I last descended the stairs of Mile High's viewing platform 5 days ago, I looked forward and noticed that there was an opening revealing a sweet spot for Thunder Run's first airtime hill. I felt a bit accomplished since I didn't have any good photos of the coaster until then!

that’s definitely the first time I’ve seen a picture of TR from that side well done!!!

I'm kind of surprised they used the Road Runner Express pad for a flat ride of all things. There's a large open space behind Professor John's Flying Machines that is virtually inaccessible now. For my wish list, I'd move the Flying Machines over so as to be inside the helix of Lightning Run (which is just begging to have some sort of ride put there eventually!) and add a coaster in its spot. I imagine a spinning coaster would do KK well, such as a Maurer ride like Steel Dragon/Laff Trakk/Undertow. I'm also interested to see if Ed Hart intends to reopen the Top Eliminator Dragsters, or replace them. I certainly like what Lagoon did to replace theirs!

I'm not sure how feasible such additions would be... I've never been to Kentucky Kingdom, but I'm hoping I can change that in the coming years!

Well, to be fair Lighting Run takes up some space over there too.

A bit off topic, I'm just now going through my camera's memory card and noticed these: Do you know how Thunder Run is usually a very tricky coaster to get a good photograph of? Well, when I last descended the stairs of Mile High's viewing platform 5 days ago, I looked forward and noticed that there was an opening revealing a sweet spot for Thunder Run's first airtime hill. I felt a bit accomplished since I didn't have any good photos of the coaster until then!

that’s definitely the first time I’ve seen a picture of TR from that side well done!!!

It's all them dadburn trees. But they do make the area around the ride look nice.

I assume it varies in different sections (topping off somewhere under 200 feet), considering they had to get the airport to shut down a runway to install a 121 foot tall water slide at the back corner of the park, yet they used to own a 180 foot SkyCoaster near the front.