Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

P. 127: Havana Nights at The Edison details announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Walt Disney World Resort Non-Park Discussion Thread

Postby jray21 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:51 am

I can't wait to find out what the new food options will be!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Jay20016 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:41 pm

SharkTums wrote:As for any of the construction near Typhoon Lagoon, the buildings alongside I-4, and DTD area, I would assume it is all for Disney Springs. In addition to the projects happening at DTD, they are also widening the road, adding a new exit over time, and more.

The land area near the front of the park (along Lake Buena Vista drive) seems to be where they're staging all of the construction "stuff." Trailers, vehicles, materials, etc. The stuff between the Team Disney building and Typhoon will be for the new entry ramp from I-4. Will definitely be an interesting thing to see when all of the garages, buildings and work is done. Hopefully it will alleviate the traffic right around 535 on I-4 Westbound since that exit on the weekends is just... terrible...

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:16 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/07/new-renderings-offer-a-glimpse-at-the-future-access-to-disney-springs/

If you’ve visited Downtown Disney at Walt Disney World Resort lately, you’ve most likely noticed the many changes underway as the area transforms into Disney Springs – it’s the largest expansion in Downtown Disney history and, when completed, will double the area’s number of dining and retail options. Through this expansion, guests can continue to enjoy more than 70 themed and immersive shopping, dining and entertainment venues day and night. One of my personal favorites is the new Marketplace Co-Op, which has unique Disney boutique shops and has been featured several times here on the Disney Parks Blog.

The surrounding roadways and parking areas at Downtown Disney are growing too and will eventually offer easier access to the area. Today we have two new renderings to share with you that showcase the work that is already underway, which includes widening Lake Buena Vista Drive from seven to 10 lanes and constructing two multilevel garages (the first of which, pictured above, is set to open by late 2014 to offer 4,000 parking spaces). Two pedestrian bridges are also planned that will help lead guests into Disney Springs near the current Marketplace side, while the other will offer access in through the West Side.

As you can see above, the changes will also include a new I-4 interchange that will offer guests direct access to Disney Springs.

All of this work is part of the area’s transformation into Disney Springs, which will be continue into 2016. The first phase of the expansion, an area called The Landing, will open in 2015 to offer lakefront shopping and dining. In the meantime, if you are planning to visit Downtown Disney for activities with set times, such as Cirque du Soleil performances, concerts or movies, early arrival is suggested.

Be sure to stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for future updates.
NBL545392.jpg
NBL6868642.jpg
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:44 pm

Tonight TPR was invited out to the 40th Anniversary showing of the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue at Fort Wilderness at Walt Disney World!

For those of you who may not be familiar with the show, it's a "dinner show", which is described at "2 hours of rousing Wild West dancing, singing and zany vaudeville comedy!" And that's makes for one great evening with the family! It's considered one of the longest running musical performances of all time.

The food was fantastic, and there was a LOT of it. If you like "down home" backyard cookin', you'll love this! Cornbread on the tables when you sit down, shortly after the show begins, buckets of meat (literally) start to arrive on your table! Drinks are also included (I was given a pitcher of beer!) So come hungry and thirsty and be prepared to have a good time!

Here's some photos and video from our night!

HoopDeDoo_01.jpg
Hoop-Dee-Doo is located at the Fort Wilderness campground at Walt Disney World. It's one of my favorite resort properties at WDW as I think it's often forgotten about because it's a "campground", but it offers some of the most amazing hidden gems on Disney property like the Trail's End restaurant, Chip & Dale's Campfire Sing-a-Long, and of course Hoop Dee Doo!
HoopDeDoo_02.jpg
To kick off the event, we were brought over to the Circle D ranch for some drinks and hanging out before the show began.
HoopDeDoo_03.jpg
Things are a little rustic here at Fort Wilderness, so if you're willing to drink a margarita from a mason jar, you're in for a good time!
HoopDeDoo_04.jpg
This moonshine was delicious and they were even happy to share the recipe with us!
HoopDeDoo_05.jpg
My partners in crime for tonight's fun would be Banks & Elisa from Attractions Magazine! (Check out Attractions Magazine on the socials!)
HoopDeDoo_06.jpg
As we made our way to the theater, the director of the show gave us a bit of history and information about the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue! 40 years and still going strong!
HoopDeDoo_07.jpg
Here we are ready for some good food and fun!
HoopDeDoo_08.jpg
This is the quietest the theater is gonna be all night!
HoopDeDoo_09.jpg
I walk in and they gave me a pitcher of beer! What's not to like? =)
HoopDeDoo_10.jpg
Our piano & banjo player for the night!
HoopDeDoo_11.jpg
The cast of Hoop Dee Doo start-a-singing!
HoopDeDoo_12.jpg
Make-shift instruments are all part of the show!
HoopDeDoo_13.jpg
You'll clap along and stomp your feet the whole show!
HoopDeDoo_14.jpg
Next up... BUCKETS OF MEAT!!!
HoopDeDoo_15.jpg
"They've given me buckets of meat and a pitcher of beer! How have I never been to this show before?!?!?"
HoopDeDoo_16.jpg
And yes, that godly looking substance was amazing mac & cheese!
HoopDeDoo_17.jpg
They are back on stage and we're getting ready to have a stompin' good time!
HoopDeDoo_18.jpg
Banjo Vs Ukulele - Who do you think will win?
HoopDeDoo_19.jpg
Yes, there is a lot of dancing that happens on that stage!
HoopDeDoo_20.jpg
Dolly Drew tore it up! She had some awesome gags towards the audience! (loved her!)
HoopDeDoo_21.jpg
And yes, did I say audience? The performers spent a good amount of time down on the floor with the rest of us!
HoopDeDoo_22.jpg
In sort of cruise ship fashion there was some napkin twirling!
HoopDeDoo_23.jpg
The cast seemed to be having just as much fun as we were!
HoopDeDoo_24.jpg
These two really stole the show! (Did I mention that Dolly Drew was awesome?)
HoopDeDoo_25.jpg
And quite possibly my favorite food moment was when dessert was served! All of the table servers got into the act and they made quite the production out of bringing out the strawberry shortcake!
HoopDeDoo_26.jpg
And it was worth every bit of that production!
HoopDeDoo_27.jpg
Hmm...gotta keep working on that beer! ;)
HoopDeDoo_28.jpg
The finale of the show was sort of a tribute to Dave Crockett...using members of the audience as characters!
HoopDeDoo_28a.jpg
And look who got pulled up to be a Can Can Dancer! Elisa totally worked it!
HoopDeDoo_28b.jpg
Banks on the other hand...um....also totally worked it? ;)
HoopDeDoo_29.jpg
The whole cast was amazing! (including the audience participation!)
HoopDeDoo_31.jpg
And yes, all the boys bang things!
HoopDeDoo_32.jpg
The Pioneer Hall Players take their final bow! GREAT SHOW!!!
HoopDeDoo_33.jpg
I have to admit, I think it was the first time I've ever played a washboard! lol
HoopDeDoo_34.jpg
We got to do an extra long meet & greet with the cast after wards! (Suzy Ditty would be so proud!)
HoopDeDoo_35.jpg
I asked Dolly out, but she turned me down. *sigh* Maybe next time! =)

Again, GREAT SHOW!!! Happy 40th!
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:10 pm.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:07 pm

Hooray for the strawberry shortcake!!! :b :br

Wow, I remember us going to see the show and dinner,
back in 1987! And everything looks as wonderful as it
did back then.

Thanks for sharing your dinner and show, Robb!

And Happy 40th, Hoop-Dee-Doo!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

What I do and who I am

Postby pianojohn » Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:23 am

Great TR! Wish I was playing that night, but now you have an excuse to come back!

See you at the barricades!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:42 am

You had me at "buckets of meat." ;)

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby hey...hey » Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:48 am

My dad is a big fan of that show. Pretty much every time we go, we go to Fort Wilderness for the Hoop De Do. And the food is really good.
Coaster Count: Steel-55 Wood-13 Total-68

I Love Donkeys!

Postby disneyfreak1986 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:10 pm

Every time we go to Disney World we always make sure we go to the Hoop-Dee-Do! It's always funny and just a bit different every time. Sixpence had us rolling on the floor when he did his Frozen bit. Just about the funniest thing I experienced on our last trip to WDW. I do have to say though I'm not really a fan of the new opening song. I understand they changed it due to copyright reasons, but I would always have the Hoop-Dee-Do Polka song stuck in my head for days after we saw the show.

All in all, it's a wonderful production that I hope is still around when I have kids of my own and they are able to experience the show just like I have!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:11 pm

The Hoop De Doo Review is one of things I've always regretted no having a chance to see yet at Disney, always seems like a fun show.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!