TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Like I said earlier regarding Mantis... we were there for 3 days this weekend, we rode every other adult coaster in the park multiple times including Corkscrew which we don't even like. Even though we knew Mantis might not be operating in it's current state after this year we still didn't ride it. It was horrible and I couldn't be happier to see it gone (well... as a stand up coaster).

I always thought the barrier to floorless trains on Mantis was that it was money being spent on a ride that couldn't be marketed as new. This actually makes me really happy - creates another high capacity, fun ride in the park where there was a slow loading rough one before. Also allows them the chance to have a "new" sit down looping coaster. This is good, even if it won't help my "coaster count".

I guess this means floorless conversion with a new theme...Rougaroo or whatever...

That name is terrible, please no.

It translates to a werewolf like creature. Could it be that the Mantis gets squashed by this creature?

I don't mind the name too much as it's not part of the cookie cutter names like SF does. At the end of the day though the name does not make the ride.