Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Arrow rox my sox!

Postby zburns999 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:38 pm

Crap! Why did they have to take the breakdance from Great Adventure? Those things are the best! I'm pretty sure Great Advenure could have moved it somewhere else in the park. Oh well, it will have a good home at SF:OT.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby coaster1 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:21 pm

Canobie Fan wrote:Larson Mega Bounce - ewww why not just get the Sartori techno-jump.. its the same ride but WAY better and no OTSR!

Because the Sartori is a piece of junk, much like the ARM one. Larson only did the fabrication and copy on the ride, so don't blame Larson for the crapiness :lol:

We rode a Sartori at spring con in 04 at the Larson plant .. it never worked right.

Edit: It appears this isn't a ARM afterall .. it's a Zamperla, but not sure what model of Zamperla since I've never seen a Zamperla version of this style of ride .. so .. maybe a new ride from Zamperla afterall.

Former Knoebels Flyer Operator

Postby RCoasterny » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:15 am

It sounds like the Blackbird is actually a Zamperla Flying Tiger ride. Knoebels has one, There's 8 planes, and traverses an oval track. Think of it as a suspended Whip. When the planes go around the turnaround, the planes swing outward.

Here's an example.

They Broke The Mold When They Made Me, Thank God!

Postby ChrisZer0 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:19 am

While im not a huge fan of "flats", its great to see SFoT bringing them in for the "family" set. My question is: Where in gods name are they going to put them?? Unless they're going to....:

A) Remove Flashback,bumper cars and chubbies

B) Take out the "Go Kart Track"

C) Move further into the parking lot

...im not sure they have room

Postby coaster1 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:41 am

Bumper Cars is listed as gone, but now they are set to return. Flashback isn't going anywhere and the same for Chubbies. Texas Tornado (Chance YoYo is being relocated to Texas) and El Sombrero is being relocated. The Chuckwagon Grill, Judge Lemondae, Longhorn General Store and Superheros Store are demolished and gone.

No rides are being expanded in the parking lot at all, all are being located within the current boundries.

I'm not sure what is more accurate, I was informed by my contacts inside the park I've had for year there is a Zamperla Telecombat in the package, but a Flying Tigers is likely .. but I was informed they weren't THAT impressed with the ride.

Postby ChrisZer0 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:16 am

Too bad they not taking out flashback, for all the breakdowns that thing has had over the past few years, It would make sense bring it down and use the real estate for something more worthwhile.

Postby coaster1 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:41 am

Hmm well they jsut got a new train and fixed most of the issues with the ride in the last 3 years, plus it takes up very little room, so no need to remove something that the guests enjoy and that doesn't take up alot of room at all.

Postby ChrisZer0 » Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:01 pm

True, just one of those places in the park I think they could do so much with. Same with near Shock, take out the Karts and do something better with the area.

The BIG question I have is: Are we going to see any improvements to the food at the park in the forseeable future?? Personally, id like to see a "Dollywood-esque" big skillet setup in either mexico or texas like they had in the past during texas heritage, sure would be a great alternative to the "junk" we see now (esp. during fright fest, which was just atrocious and cheap)

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby MF310ryb » Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:36 pm

Can anyone help me comprehend why Premier parks put 25 new rides in SFGADV in 99 when they acquired SF? Over the years all of those rides have been relocated out of the park to other parks. I love roller coasters but what about a good flat ride. It seems they only keep the flats that don't work. If Rodeo did go to SFOT then the only rides left from that huge expansion is LTS, Top Spin, Medusa, Jolly Roger, Black Beards. I think its sad. Granted we are getting an awesome wooden coaster another kiddie section, and a family ride. I just don't understand. Is SFGADV just a storage park till they find the actual home they should of placed the rides in? I don't mean to vent but I think its ridiculous.

Past rides from 99
Evolution - granted it didn't work but they spent the money to relocate it and fix it
Pirates Flight - went to SFWOA now GL
Jump - never worked but still could of been fixed does anyone really play paint ball?
Time Warp - there's a stage in its place
Octopus ride - never worked could of been fixed
Pendulum - a great flat ride SFGA
I think some of the others were in the old BBL
And now Rodeo?

I'm happy about another coaster but loosing more rides for coasters with slow crews will only make the park more crowed and lines longer.The crowds that go are not the friendliest bunch.

Six Flags Over Texas Accident

Postby ChrisZer0 » Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:29 am

Six Flags investigating incident that injured 4

07:55 AM CST on Monday, March 13, 2006
WFAA-TV

The Texas Tornado ride at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington is likely to remain closed Monday as park engineers try to determine what caused at least four people to suffer minor injuries.

The Texas Tornado is described as a circular swing ride, which is suspended in the air.

Six Flags released a statement that said the Texas Tornado experienced an "unexpected interruption" shortly after 6 p.m. Sunday. As the operator shut down the ride, as he was trained to do, some of the chairs came to a jolting stop, according to the company.

Patrons were treated at the first aid station for minor injuries. One woman was hospitalized with back pain.

Jamie Peakell, who was on the ride with her two children and niece, talked to News 8 via cellphone while she was en route to a hospital.

"All of a sudden we heard a loud pop, and the swings went from OK to, basically, they collapsed," she said. "It was like bumper cars. It was horrible. ... My kids were in front of me and the swings got really, really loose. My kids were screaming [and] my niece was screaming."

The Texas Tornado ride debuted at Six Flags in 1983 and was moved to its current location in the "Boomtown" section in 1989, according to ParkTimes.com, a Web site that documents the history of the theme park and its attractions.

Six Flags, located midway between Dallas and Fort Worth on Interstate 30, is open daily this week to accommodate young people on spring break.

Dallas Morning News staff writer Marissa Alanis contributed to this report.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Online at: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent ... 3fa73.html

My Take: When you dont order a complete mantienence overhaul on a swing ride, it will break down. Ive had a gut feeling this was going to happen for a very, very long time. Im wondering how the new managment will handle this situation..

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!