Photo TR: Villains Unleashed at Disney's Hollywood Studios

I went hunting for the World's Most Wanted Frog...
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
Delicious & Refreshing

Photo TR: Villains Unleashed at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:49 pm

This weekend I had the distinct pleasure of experience the one time only (reportedly) extra ticket Villains Unleashed event at Disney's Hollywood Studios. For just one night (supposedly), the park was taken over by fifty Disney villains (Star Wars included), with lots of meet and greets, special entertainment and an overall villainous atmosphere that certainly made it a memorable event...

001.JPG
I'm here!
002.JPG
These credentials taste delicious!

And they're more of a keepsake than the typical extra ticket event wristbands...
003.JPG
Hmm... Where could this frog be?
004.JPG
The main event stage was dressed up for Villains Unleashed.

005.JPG
There was no shortage of fire during the event's kickoff show.

006.JPG
Something else that's hot...
007.JPG
008.JPG
The kickoff show actually counted down the attendance of all fifty villains at the night's event.
009.JPG
The Evil Queen arrived, before transforming with a neat effect...
010.JPG
This ridiculously awesome effect to be exact.
011.JPG
Bowler Hat Guy!
012.JPG
Dr. Hamsterviel and Gantu made their debut in the United States for Villains Unleashed. These characters had only previously been found at Hong Kong Disneyland.
013.JPG
No villain's as great as Gaston.
014.JPG
STROMBOLI!!!
015.JPG
The hyena trio from The Lion King.
016.JPG
The Queen of Hearts made an awesome entrance with falling heart confetti.
017.JPG
Shan Yu from Mulan appeared on stage, bringing falling snow with him.
018.JPG
Oogie Boogie is here!!!
019.JPG
Time for some synergistic efforts.
020.JPG
And more fire!
021.JPG
Maleficent had a special message to share with guests that she would be hosting the Villainy in the Sky fireworks later that evening.

022.JPG
Speaking of Maleficent...
023.JPG
She's transformed into a cupcake!
024.JPG
And in other news, I devoured that cupcake.
025.JPG
Throughout the night, villains roamed the park. He's Claude Frollo en route to his next appointment of evil.

026.JPG
So I spent much of my evening waiting to meet Constantine.
027.JPG
For those of you that don't know, Constantine is the World's Most Wanted Frog, featured most recently in The Muppets Most Wanted.
028.JPG
I was really excited for this meet and greet for a few reasons... 1.) This is the first to-scale Muppet meet and greet done in the parks, as far as I know. 2.) Mike Vogel, the voice and puppeteer of Constantine from the film was actually puppeteering and voicing behind the scenes of this meet and greet. In other words, I was meeting THE REAL Constantine!
029.JPG
Time to check out the Gulag!
030.JPG
Seriously worth every minute I waited... All 180 of them.
031.jpg
SO WORTH IT!!!

032.JPG
Over in the Theater of the Stars (normally home to Beauty and the Beast), was Oogie Boogie's Freaky Funhouse Show, a collection of variety acts with a spooky twist...
033.JPG
There was this wacky guy...
034.JPG
He liked to scratch his insides with metal implements.
035.JPG
Oogie seemed amused by my beating around the bush on that explanation of what went on above.
036.JPG
Any crossbow fans reading this?
037.JPG
Pierce your heart and hope to die?
038.JPG
There's fire. You've got my attention.
039.JPG
Fire dancers!
040.JPG
Also fire eaters.
041.JPG
Dance routines too!

042.JPG
Interestingly enough, there was the Guardians of the Galaxy Awesome Mix Tape Dance Party...

043.JPG
Which was really a chance to let Disney flex their Marvel muscles with the first ever live-character appearances of Star-Lord and Gamora from the film Guardians of the Galaxy. That's right folks! Marvel characters in a Disney park... In Florida!

It's just awesome!

044.JPG
Before the fireworks began, Hades took to the stage to rock his face off!
045.JPG
But enough about that... It's time for more fire!
046.JPG
Or fireworks...
047.JPG
Lots of red in the sky, considering this is a villains-inspired show.
048.JPG
This was neat to see as well!
049.JPG
Hades said "peace" and the night was over...
050.JPG
But not before we were given lots of goodies, including autograph cards for all of the villains, Ghirardelli chocolates, Sleeping Beauty and Maleficent buttons and a free download of Disney-Pixar's The Incredibles!

I really had a fantastic time at Villains Unleashed! I waited for the things I wanted to and felt thst everything I waited for was more than worth it! I saw some fantastic entertainment, met THE Constantine (in every sense), had great snacks and drinks and enjoyed another memorable event in the park. Needless to say, I feel like I got my value out of my admission! Here's hoping the event comes back next year in an even bigger, better form!
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:16 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Vagina Wreckage

Re: Photo TR: Villains Unleashed at Disney's Hollywood Studi

Postby Barge84 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:12 am

Looks like a great event. This is two straight years that this event has packed the crowds in, hopefully Disney realizes that they've got something here.

I loved the Constantine meet and greet. One of the few things that I'd ever wait 180 minutes for. Thanks for posting!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:54 am

Wow, seems like you really go to do quite a lot! I heard a lot of complaining about this event, but I have to be honest, a lot of it seemed to be based on poor choices people made and because of that they missed out on doing stuff they wanted to do. Seems like you made a beeline for things you wanted to do and got everything done!

Looks like a really fun event!

--Robb

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby crazydaveh » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:47 am

GREAT UPDATE. I really dig the interactive Constantine, especially with the real puppeteer himself. It's great to see people posting reports that had fun at the event. Seems like all people did was post negative things all night long instead of trying to enjoy it. I wish they would do a Muppet Meet and Greet!
Beer... It helps coasters go higher and faster!

Dave

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/78611756e2677af30ecbe7f169e00926.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/32a684dcd0f18289ee3e5a31292b8f5a.jpg[/img][/url]

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:02 am

Being as they had the actual actor performing Constantine, I can understand why the wait was so long for the photo-and-video op.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:57 pm

I do wonder when we'll hear if this event happens again in 2015. I think I'd make a point to go to it next time.

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive