TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

The complaints bring up a number of issues: 1) the capacity, 2) that it will be a "clone" of a Six Flags ride, 3) that the theming will not be up to the park's usual standards, and 4) that they're removing a lot of trees and damaging the natural beauty of the park. (This is just a summary, not an endorsement, of these arguments.)

Personally, I like the Premier launched coasters, but we'll see how it goes.

Nice report!

I'm a little behind on speculation. It is confirmed that BGW is getting a S:UF clone? Is there any chance it could be something else? I just can't see BGW adding that type of ride for some reason...

I'm confused, are people more upset about the actual ride, or is it just a capacity issue?? SUF seems like a pretty awesome ride, and I've heard nothing but positive things about it.

For me, it just seems...out of place. I've never been to BGW, so my opinion probably doesn't matter, but putting a cloned ride with mediocre capacity in a small, crammed area in the world's most beautiful theme park with world-class attractions (those B&M coasters... )...it just doesn't feel right. I'll guess we'll see sooner or later.

I'm one of the people who am looking forward to this. I'm interested in seeing how the theming will turn out, and I'm looking forward to riding it. I understand the complaint of the loss of trees, but the park has many trees, and so I'm not that upset about this new ride expansion. I won't miss the attractions leaving, and because we haven't even seen any animations from the park, I think people are jumping to conclusions about it. I do wish the would have gone with a double loading station, but at least the train will have an extra car. That is, assuming everything we know is correct.

When did this track arrive--Sunday afternoon? There wasn't any there on Sunday before 3:00 pm, from what I could see; then again, BGW does a pretty fair job of hiding things (at least until you ride Griffon, which gives you quite a nice view of the surrounding area).

Edited by cfc

In the past, they've stored new ride components in a parking lot over by the brewery, which you can see pretty clearly from the top of Griffon; but I don't know if that's what they're doing this time around.

I'm ok with that color. I don't have any plans to go back to the park for the normal operating season, but I look forward to checkin out te construction when I go the there for Christmas town.

By the way, did anyone see that Busch Gardens Tampa included Christmas town in with the fun card? The annouced it on twitter and it's now on their website. Is there any possibility that Williamsburg could do that? They should, it'd make my life a whole lot easier.

In the past, they've stored new ride components in a parking lot over by the brewery, which you can see pretty clearly from the top of Griffon; but I don't know if that's what they're doing this time around.

I was there on Thursday and saw the clearing next to Apollo's Chariot, but I didn't notice any track there or by the brewery.

Also kinda suprised how much work is already being done without an official announcement.

I imagine the park needs to get a "head start" due to "off-season" events such as Howl-o-Scream and especially Christmas Town.

^ A couple pages ago

They always announce next year's additions on passholder weekend on Saturday in the Festhaus for any passmembers who want to come, they usually raffle off some prizes too. That weekend is always a week after Labor Day, this year Septemver 6 and 7.