Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1085: A quick look at Pantheon construction!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I poke manatees in the butt.

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby Jcoaster » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:12 am

^ Are they removing those buildings too? That looks like an awfully tiny space for a coaster, even with a small layout.
Lightening Rod/Skyrush/El Toro/I305/Superman: The Ride/ Twisted Timbers/Storm Chaser/ Apollo's Chariot/Phoenix/Boulder Dash

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:38 am

The scuttlebutt is that they're removing that building and the water-balloon-fight stand. The park hasn't confirmed anything yet, though.
Last edited by cfc on Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:39 am.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:11 pm

Update: Festa Italia Ground Clearing and Howl-o-Scream Prep

I went over the park for a few hours today to check out 1) what's been going on over by Apollo's Chariot and 2) how much of Howl-o-Scream 2014 has been set up. It's hard to believe, but HOS starts on September 12. It seems to start earlier each year--or is that just my perception? Whenever it starts, it's a big draw for the park.

HOS 2014 is going to be much like last year's event. The park is adding a new scarezone, Wendigo Woods, to New France, and the Monster Stomp show is coming back--to Ripper Row in England. (This should be good news to many locals, who were a bit annoyed when Fiends replaced Stomp over in Ireland.) No new mazes this year, but the park may have tweaked them a bit--time will tell.

I guess the keywords for this update are trees, dirt, and pirates. Let's take a look.
001.jpg
Beware: One side is bright sunshine . . .
002.jpg
. . . while the other side is terrifying darkness!
003.jpg
Arr! The Festa Italia bridge be all piratical now.
004.jpg
Meanwhile, over at Apollo's Chariot, there's been a lot of tree felling and ground clearing.
005.jpg
The scuttlebutt is that the building in the foreground (the arcade) will be removed.
006.jpg
Most likely, this will be Splashus Maximus's last season, too. We shall see.
007.jpg
And now, we return to the scarezone, Ports of Skull, in progress.
008.jpg
Ahoy, it's all about scurvy sea dogs here.
009.jpg
Thar be the photo-op crow's nest.
010.jpg
"They calls me Smiling Sam, the happy pirate!"
011.jpg
This was the independence grill during Star Spangled Nights.
012.jpg
I like how BGW re-themes these temporary food booths.
013.jpg
You'll be gettin' yer grog here, mates.
014.jpg
"They calls me Dramatic Dick, the over-demonstrative, butthurt pirate! I be sensitive, ye might say."
015.jpg
Another scurvy bridge.
016.jpg
Scurvy pirate pantaloons.
017.jpg
Scurvy barrel = scurvy theming.
018.jpg
This be a pirate port, indeed.
019.jpg
Over in Germany, they've started transforming the ice cream stand and gift shop into the Vampire Point Hotel, where bloodsuckers treat mortals to a sumptuous buffet--then suck them dry!
020.jpg
For those of you who may have missed it, these are New France's snazzy new bathrooms. They opened earlier this summer.
021.jpg
Soon, the huge Demon Street skull will be installed. I think.
022.jpg
Never noticed this before. You can buy Quick Queue or a meal plan at this kiosk next to Griffon. Wonder how long it's been here?
023.jpg
Naughty nurses' photo op in Ireland.
024.jpg
"Sorry, folks, but Europe in the Air is closed to be transformed into 13: Your Number's Up for Howl-o-Scream. The zombie moose out front should've told you.
025.jpg
You can see a bit of one of the haunts, Cutthroat Cove, from the train.
026.jpg
All sort of piratical stuff back there.
027.jpg
Avast! A pirate vessel is attacking the train! Prepare to repel boarders!
028.jpg
There's some stuff piled up in the old Drachen Fire area, but I've no idea what it's for. Could be anything.
029.jpg
Hello there, Scottish cows. How's your lunch?
030.jpg
We'll know come September 12.
031.jpg
And, in closing, boogie, boogie, boogie!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:19 pm

Nice report!

I'm a little behind on speculation. It is confirmed that BGW is getting a S:UF clone? Is there any chance it could be something else? I just can't see BGW adding that type of ride for some reason...
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:45 pm

^The clone (with three-car trains) is the rumor, and plans have been leaked on another site; that being said, the park hasn't announced anything. They've made big announcements during Passholder Appreciation Day in the past, so maybe we'll hear something then.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby beenagins87 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:48 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Nice report!

I'm a little behind on speculation. It is confirmed that BGW is getting a S:UF clone? Is there any chance it could be something else? I just can't see BGW adding that type of ride for some reason...

I'm confused, are people more upset about the actual ride, or is it just a capacity issue?? SUF seems like a pretty awesome ride, and I've heard nothing but positive things about it.
Coasters: 121 ( 89 Steel, 32 Wood)

Top 10 Wood: 1 Lightning Rod 2. Goliath 3. The Voyage 4. Mystic Timbers 5. American Thunder
6. The Legend 7. Thunderhead 8. The Boss 9. Great American Scream Machine 10. The Beast

Top 10 Steel: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. 1305 3. Maverick 4. Goliath (SFOG) 5. Fury 325 6. Twisted Timbers
7. Millenium Force 8.Twisted Cyclone 9. Top Thrill Dragster 10. TN Tornado

I've gone pantless!

Postby cfc » Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:57 pm

The complaints bring up a number of issues: 1) the capacity, 2) that it will be a "clone" of a Six Flags ride, 3) that the theming will not be up to the park's usual standards, and 4) that they're removing a lot of trees and damaging the natural beauty of the park. (This is just a summary, not an endorsement, of these arguments.)

Personally, I like the Premier launched coasters, but we'll see how it goes.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:18 pm

beenagins87 wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:Nice report!

I'm confused, are people more upset about the actual ride, or is it just a capacity issue?? SUF seems like a pretty awesome ride, and I've heard nothing but positive things about it.

For me, it just seems...out of place. I've never been to BGW, so my opinion probably doesn't matter, but putting a cloned ride with mediocre capacity in a small, crammed area in the world's most beautiful theme park with world-class attractions (those B&M coasters... :b )...it just doesn't feel right. I'll guess we'll see sooner or later.
Steel: 176 / Wood: 32 / Total: 208
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)
Favorite Coaster: Intimidator 305

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby CPSFMMCW » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:48 pm

I'm one of the people who am looking forward to this. I'm interested in seeing how the theming will turn out, and I'm looking forward to riding it. I understand the complaint of the loss of trees, but the park has many trees, and so I'm not that upset about this new ride expansion. I won't miss the attractions leaving, and because we haven't even seen any animations from the park, I think people are jumping to conclusions about it. I do wish the would have gone with a double loading station, but at least the train will have an extra car. That is, assuming everything we know is correct.
Check out Coaster Studios on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoasterguy14
Twitter: @coasterstudios
Intimidator 305|El Toro|Apollo's Chariot|New Texas Giant|Nitro|Kingda Ka|Skyrush|Superman: Ride of Steel|Superman: Ultimate Flight|Volcano

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:12 pm

I'm still confused as to how that forum got a hold of the project blueprints. Are we 100% sure they are the final plans?
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!