TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 467: Media Town Hall Report

I guess I haven't used Quick Queue in a while, but usually, there are different spots for quick queue on each ride. On Verbolten you can pick which seat. it just empties into the main queuing area. On AC, they put you in the 2nd row. On Alpengeist they put you in the 2nd row. on Griffon and LNM I don't believe there are designated seats, you just come in the exit and wait to load when the train empties.

That's not to say for AC or Alpengeist you can't ask the ride attendant to sit in a different row. They may not accommodate you though.

On all the coasters except Apollo and Loch Ness, the QQ line just dumps you into the station. Apollo's line is limited to the second row (come in through the exit) and Loch Ness doesn't have QQ access anymore.

Okay, awesome! The only coaster where I would really really like to ride in the front seat is Alpengeist because I don't like riding in further-back rows on inverted coasters. And even if there are designated rows, I'm willing to wait a few minutes for a three-person party in the front rows to join in as a single rider...

Thanks guys! I'm going in on a Saturday in September so it might be worth the extra cash...

On Alpengeist they put you in the 2nd row.

That changed two years ago, now you can pick any row.

One thing about Apollos with QQ since you will be there on a Saturday. Because they only use one row, on busy days when QQ fills up they may also use the second to last row as well. And in the event that QQ suddenly gets two trains or so worth of people they might just fill the whole train up with QQ only.

Okay, awesome! The only coaster where I would really really like to ride in the front seat is Alpengeist because I don't like riding in further-back rows on inverted coasters. And even if there are designated rows, I'm willing to wait a few minutes for a three-person party in the front rows to join in as a single rider...

Alpengeist's front row might be my favorite on any coaster - the speed you gain on the first drop and hit the immelman with is insane!

I was at the park yesterday, (first time I've had to park in the overflow lot in years, as I rarely go on Saturdays), and noticed that they close September 1 until Howl-O-Scream. That struck me as odd. Have they always done this? I noticed Water Country closes on Labor Day too, and I figured they'd keep that open on weekends through September as well, as it averages above 80 around here until then. Is it done to save on costs since they went public?

It makes me sad to see how it seems like the all of the SeaWorld Parks are just going downhill. Budget cuts after budget cuts. When I visited the park back in 2010, I loved every second of being in it. I love all the SeaWorld Parks and still do! It is just a shame of what has been happening to them

It makes me sad to see how it seems like the all of the SeaWorld Parks are just going downhill. Budget cuts after budget cuts. When I visited the park back in 2010, I loved every second of being in it. I love all the SeaWorld Parks and still do! It is just a shame of what has been happening to them

I agree! I love Sea Wprld parks but it is a shame that they have to do this. It really makes me upset because i hate seeing a good park like this go downhill.

I was at the park yesterday, (first time I've had to park in the overflow lot in years, as I rarely go on Saturdays), and noticed that they close September 1 until Howl-O-Scream. That struck me as odd. Have they always done this? I noticed Water Country closes on Labor Day too, and I figured they'd keep that open on weekends through September as well, as it averages above 80 around here until then. Is it done to save on costs since they went public?

Mostly all parks that are not located in Florida and California only run daily from Memorial Day to Labor Day and then weekends only from Labor Day to the end of October (Also weekends only from opening day until Memorial Day). And water parks are generally Memorial Day to Labor Day only.

Oh okay. It was just the way that the tram person announced it then. The way he said it was that they were open through Labor Day, but would reopen for Howl-O-Scream. He should have said daily operations. I thought that was a bit weird and should have looked it up on their site, but the Busch Gardens site doesn't work well on my phone.

On another topic, I wonder how long until the park loses the Most Beautiful Park award for the first time.

Oh okay. It was just the way that the tram person announced it then. The way he said it was that they were open through Labor Day, but would reopen for Howl-O-Scream. He should have said daily operations. I thought that was a bit weird and should have looked it up on their site, but the Busch Gardens site doesn't work well on my phone.

Being as Howl-o-Scream starts on September 12 this year, the "reopen" claim isn't far off the mark.