Photo TR: 27 Parks in 6 Weeks

Completed!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Re: Photo TR: 27 Parks in 6 Weeks

Postby HWFan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:15 pm

Any particular reason you chose not to stop at SFSTL? I figure it's pretty much on your way from SFGAm to SDC and WoF. I know it's not an amazing park, but I think that even a couple hours to ride Mr. Freeze and American Thunder would be worth it when you have a Season Pass anyway.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby rubysparkles » Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:43 pm

HWFan wrote:Any particular reason you chose not to stop at SFSTL? I figure it's pretty much on your way from SFGAm to SDC and WoF. I know it's not an amazing park, but I think that even a couple hours to ride Mr. Freeze and American Thunder would be worth it when you have a Season Pass anyway.

I'm flying from SFGAm to Kansas City, not driving. I'd love to go on Mr Freeze, but I'm relying on someone else's car and schedule while I'm there.
Twisted Colossus, I305, Skyrush, Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Maverick.

Postby rubysparkles » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:29 am

Ok it's been a long time since I updated, but I did get back to Six Flags Great Adventure. Thanks to social media I saw that Kingda Ka had reopened (along with that drop tower I was not going to go on). So on the 4th July, after watching the parade in Philadelphia, I ran over to the best Six Flags I've been to. I was lucky as the next day I was leaving the area and heading up through New York to New Haven for my next coaster base. I took advantage of very short lines to go on El Toro again a few times.

Kingda Ka was everything I expected, not the best ride but still something about knowing it's the tallest in the world adds to the experience. The surprising thing about KK was that the line was only 20 minutes!

Score for my missed credit of Kingda Ka: 8 (hey I really like launches...)
P1018125.JPG
Finally working, just not simultaneously.
P1018131.JPG
Airtime = funtime!
P1018136.JPG
Not a big fan of Green Lantern...
P1018148.JPG
P1018159.JPG
More Intamin prefabs in the world please.
P1018161.JPG

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:09 pm

^Where did you sit on KK? I went there last summer with flash pass and waiting for the front alone (once in the station) was around 20 minutes.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Postby rubysparkles » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:17 pm

I hadn't done much research on Quassy, it's a very small park that seemed to be more popular for the water park section than the rides. I think it was probably the smallest park I visited on the whole trip, there weren't many rides at all. I bought enough tickets to go on Wooden Warrior twice and was too embarrassed to ride kiddie coaster. I only spent a really short time here. My rides on Wooden Warrior were: meh. The back was better than the front, there was a little bit of barely-there airtime but it seemed rough for such a tiny and fairly new coaster. It wasn't really rough, just rougher than I expected. I don't think it was really worth the drive out there.

Wooden Warrior: 5

Lake Compounce was a bigger park and had free soda! I wasn't blown away by the park but it was still worth visiting. My biggest regret is not sticking around for a night ride on Boulder Dash, but I would have had to stay at the park for a fair few hours to do that.

Boulder Dash was good, but didn't blow me away. I guess my expectations were too high. I'd still put it up there with some of the best that I've been on, it just wouldn't be that high, some great pops of airtime but also some places where I expected airtime and there was none. Also the operations were really slow, which dulled the overall experience. Zoomerang was a nice looking boomerang, a bit rougher than the one I had been one previously but the forces when it was going backwards through the loop were more intense. Wildcat was, um, terrible. There was nothing enjoyable about it, the layout was boring and it was painful.

Zoomerang: 5
Wildcat: 3
Boulder Dash: 8 (I have a feeling this would be higher if I had ridden at night)
P1018202.JPG
Quassy's map
P1018204.JPG
I loved the old ride ticket booths.
P1018208.JPG
The kiddie coaster Little Dipper.
P1018213.JPG
So, are you supposed to shoot the piano player?
P1018214.JPG
Ride sign.
P1018215.JPG
Wooden Warrior seats.
P1018221.JPG
P1018222.JPG
P1018228.JPG
Potato Patch fries were awesome but not something I could eat all the time.
P1018229.JPG
P1018241.JPG
Zoomerang.
P1018245.JPG
P1018249.JPG
I love these trains.
P1018261.JPG
Boulder Dash's last stretch.
P1018279.JPG
P1018286.JPG
P1018294.JPG
P1018317.JPG
Ugh, no thanks. Wouldn't ride again.

Postby rubysparkles » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:20 pm

rcjp wrote:^Where did you sit on KK? I went there last summer with flash pass and waiting for the front alone (once in the station) was around 20 minutes.

Not the front row. I went on twice and both were wherever there were less people. Maybe I got lucky and the short queues were because it had recently reopened? It wasn't busy at SFGAdv on the 4th of July, it had been very busy the week before when I had visited.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby mightypotato » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:43 pm

It's a shame you didn't get to ride Boulder Dash at night. It is absolutely insane and awesome at night. It's a night and day (pun FULLY intended) difference.
Parks: 55, Steel: 234, Wood: 72, Total: 306
I ain't afraid of no rollycoaster!

Vagina Wreckage

Postby Barge84 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:24 pm

I share your opinion on Boulder Dash. Really good ride, but not the amazing experience that I'd always heard about. Maybe I need to get some night rides on it.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby xVicesAndVirtues » Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:03 pm

Boulder Dash was awesome, but back in 2009 when I rode it, it kind of hurt my brain stem. Not sure if it's been re-tracked or anything since, but that inhibited it's enjoyability a bit for me.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby i<3coasters » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:21 am

I get more jealous of this trip with every post & photo.
- Judd
Tops: Steel Vengeance | Intimidator 305 | Maverick | Skyrush | Wicked Cyclone
Outlaw Run | Voyage | Boulder Dash | Boardwalk Bullet | Millennium Force

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive