The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby i<3coasters » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:44 pm

^ So much potential :lover:
- Judd
Tops: Steel Vengeance | Intimidator 305 | Maverick | Skyrush | Wicked Cyclone
Outlaw Run | Voyage | Boulder Dash | Boardwalk Bullet | Millennium Force

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby CPSFMMCW » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:19 pm

Its a WMG. I called it before and I'll call it again. That would give them an indoor coaster and a dark ride. Perfect fit. Hopefully it'll include a vertical drop too. One on the west coast would be nice!
Check out Coaster Studios on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoasterguy14
Twitter: @coasterstudios
Intimidator 305|El Toro|Apollo's Chariot|New Texas Giant|Nitro|Kingda Ka|Skyrush|Superman: Ride of Steel|Superman: Ultimate Flight|Volcano

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:25 pm

If it is similar to Wonder Mtn. Guardian I really hope it has higher capacity, and better designed cars. That ride look terrible rolling down the tracks.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby _IntaMAN_ » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:35 pm

CPSFMMCW wrote:Its a WMG. I called it before and I'll call it again. That would give them an indoor coaster and a dark ride. Perfect fit. Hopefully it'll include a vertical drop too. One on the west coast would be nice!

Most likely, but with a different theme. After all it's going in the Boardwalk area.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:46 pm

CPSFMMCW wrote:Its a WMG. I called it before and I'll call it again. That would give them an indoor coaster and a dark ride. Perfect fit. Hopefully it'll include a vertical drop too. One on the west coast would be nice!

It's barely a coaster! The coaster aspect is very secondary to the overall experience. It's more of a means as a viable ride system than it is the focus of the ride.
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:10 am

The show building is only about 1/2 the size now compared to when it was KOD because of the Johnny Rockets kitchen ventilation and restaurant AC, so it will be very interesting to see what they do with the space. I'm not expecting anything earth shattering...

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby DBJ » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:31 am

Great pic there! I wonder if the timing is off to use the KOD space for a haunt maze ? Really odd they will not use the Camp Snoopy area for the haunt at night if the rumors are true. I always liked how they were able to incorporate the environment into the overall design of the mazes. It is nice to have them spread out of a bit across the entire park just to split up the crowds.

Now with Extra Retarded Flavor

Postby Guy T. Koepp » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:44 am

milo wrote:
Guy T. Koepp wrote:And USH, Man up! Grow a pair! Don't just kowtow to one oversensitive D-list celebrity bit*h! She is .0001% of your core HHN demographic and her opinion should hold the weight of helium.

FYI, the Jamie Lee Curtis Taete that wrote the article is not the actress, but a male writer for Vice Magazine.

Good to know. Cause I actually like Jamie Lee Curtis. It broke my heart to have to say those horrible things about her. Not that I'm backing down. Cause my anger was justified at USH. Unfortunately, much like most of my life, misguided. But still justified. So here on TPR and in front of the whole world, I Guy T. Koepp do whole heartedly aplologize to you, the real Jaime Lee Curtis. I was an idiot for lashing out blindly, and not taking a moment to find the true target of my frustration. I sincerely hope you can forgive me and my stupidity. I can't take back what I said, but I can tell you it was only because of the deception perpetrated by an imposter who was slandering your good name, and using your noteriety to further his humorless pathetic existence.

With that said, Shame on you! and F#@K You! Jaime Lee Curtis Taete! Your a humorless a$$hole. My sentiment still stands. Even more so as you have less notoriety than the real lovely and talented Jaime Lee Curtis. And! Even more so for confusing me and making me want to be angry at someone who I like a lot. You are less than .000001% of HHN demographic, your opinion still holds the weight of helium, and you should go choke on a big bag of d!cks. Huge bag! Just gobble em down till you cut off your airway and fall into the cold embrace of eternal slumber.

Anyway, I feel much better now, and am very proud of the direction Knott's has been going. The Calico Mine Ride and the Timber Mountain Log Ride refurbs have been all kinds of awesome. If they are truley putting in a Wonder Mountain Guardian type of ride there, I hope they continue with the same high quality that they have been showing here in the new regime. You go Knott's. I am looking forward to seeing what the future holds.

Oh, and I can't wait for HAUNT! Halloweentime is the greatest time of the year. =)

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:09 am

Jew wrote:The show building is only about 1/2 the size now compared to when it was KOD because of the Johnny Rockets kitchen ventilation and restaurant AC, so it will be very interesting to see what they do with the space. I'm not expecting anything earth shattering...

I expected the space to be smaller for the HVAC but I'm surprised its 1/2 its original size! If the same tech as WMG is used, I hope they find a way to cram as much in there as possible! Id hate for them to spend a lot of money on a ride that is too short to enjoy. Maybe, with the recent fire, some of the Johnny Rocket stuff was re-arranged and could provide more space. (Hoping)

Postby Wes » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:14 pm

Knott's Scary Farm Halloween Haunt announces new mazes and experiences for 2014!!

https://www.knotts.com/what-s-new/knott-s-scary-farm

SPECIAL OPS: INFECTED

Survive the Zombie Apocalypse in an All-Out War

NEW for 2014 - This ambitious new attraction is the first of its kind in North America and will challenge guests to exterminate the infestation of zombies who threaten mankind’s existence. Armed with specially designed laser guns, brave groups of Knott’s Scary Farm guests will embark on missions, led by their Squad Leader – a loud mouthed, take-no-prisoners commander charged with turning guests into soldiers. Groups must work together to fend off zombies and complete various missions before time runs out. If zombies drag their bodies too close, the un-infected’s guns temporarily deactivate, compromising the safety of the entire team. Soldiers with the deadliest aim will be celebrated with a tally of the number of zombies killed on a display board for other survivors to see each night in base camp.

Special Ops: Infected seamlessly integrates interactive gaming technology with an immersive mountainous landscape, delivering a breakthrough interactive haunted experience that is as terrifying as it is challenging. Missions will take guests through a variety of wilderness terrains, including the unpredictable barrel bridges across the rushing river, through the dark caverns, and through mysterious backwoods. Six acres of the beloved theme park is now home to mutinous, scream-inducing zombies, and the time has come for a harrowing Special Ops survival mission.

---

VOODOO
Beware the cursed swamps of New Orleans, where mindless zombies trudge through the murky bogs in search of bloody sacrifices and demons use Voodoo curses to possess innocent souls. Choose your path carefully children, for one wrong turn and you will be hexed forever.

---

THE TOOTH FAIRY
This twisted tooth fairy steals more than just baby teeth as he drags his victims out their bedroom window and into a world of deranged dentistry. Unbelievable special effects include a blackout room through which guests must feel their way out, a disorienting x-ray strobe light room, and a final encounter with the massive tooth fairy, himself. Say aahhh.

---

TRAPPED: LOCK & KEY
This year Trapped returns with more rooms, more intricate puzzles and a shocking finale more extreme than any experience ever presented at Knott’s Scary Farm. You become part of the terror and are forced to face your darkest fears, confront your inner terrors and descend into the madness of a maze with no way out. Trapped is not for the squeamish as the challenges are darker and more terrifying than any that have come before.

Reservations and an additional fee are required for this exclusive maze, which requires guests to interact with their surroundings and is not recommended for guests under 18 years old. Admission is $60.00 for groups of up to six (plus applicable taxes and fees) and can be purchased online [embed link] or at the Boardwalk Ballroom on the night of event, while supplies last. Separate Knott's Scary Farm admission is required and not included with the purchase of Trapped.

Also new this year, a Knott's Scary season passholder exclusive!! $65 for access to all nights of Haunt! Plus the return of Skeleton Key rooms!
Last edited by Wes on Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:16 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!