Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1436: Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure news
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby BlahBlahson » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:23 pm

You mean the Bill Paxton experience?
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:08 pm

Twister is definitely beginning to be a little dated but it is still a classic kind of cheesy that I thoroughly enjoy. That being said, Universal has been a big player when it comes to "Musion" technology, the projection tech that allows physical sets to interact with digital projections of real life characters that look like they are physically there. The technology has already been used in Disaster! (Frank Kincaid), Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (Dumbledore) and Harry Potter and the Escape from Gringotts (Bill Weasely and Griphook), so Universal is no stranger to the system.

I don't know that the technology would be enough to carry a show on its own, but it would make for an interesting part of a larger experience if one were to be developed.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:16 pm

I can see Twister leaving soon but I would kinda like to see Woody Woodpecker Zone, Curious George, E.T., and that whole area to get redone.
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

Postby Someotherguyuser » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:42 pm

ALIEN VS PREDATOR!!!!!!! Who gives a crap about Potter now! AVP for HHN!!!!!
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:46 pm

image.jpg

From Universal Orlando's Twitter account:

@HorrorNightsORL: This one is gonna be intense, gang! The maze takes place within a Weyland - Yutani research facility dealing in bio-weapons..

@HorrorNightsORL: Communication had been lost with the facility dealing in extra-terrestrial technologies, specifically Xenomorph.

@HorrorNightsORL: Pieces of transmissions were received detailing that the facility had become compromised and another alien species called Yautja Predators..

@HorrorNightsORL: Predators are hunting both the Xenomorphs and any human presence found...

@HorrorNightsORL: Guests will have to navigate through the labyrinth of destruction as they struggle to survive the ancient feud.

@HorrorNightsORL: This is a soundstage maze.. And we are incorporating elaborate puppet builds to achieve our Aliens.

@HorrorNightsORL: Aliens, Predators, face huggers, chest bursters.. And possibly a few surprises.

@HorrorNightsORL: The maze is just finishing construction and into the first few days of scenic.. The detail is just awesome...

@HorrorNightsORL: Before every maze is built we first design a CG model. These models allow us to see the maze in a pre-vis sense...

@HorrorNightsORL: My last tweet tonight is one of the corridors from our CG model.. Enjoy! http://t.co/0SWvyLyBkz

image.jpg

Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:55 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Aaronupsidasium » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:14 pm

Hmmm. I generally hate any of these "Vs" movies since they're just trying to put together two stale franchises that are owned by the same studio to make a quick buck. I guess they couldn't make an Alien or Aliens house if the rights to that series is owned by Disney (Great Movie Ride) if AvP is technically a different series.

I don't see what including Predators, whose movies I consider action not horror, adds to what could be a sweet Alien house (except for the cool costumes of course).

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:35 pm

I don't really care what the property is as long as its good! Having said that, though, I think a maze focused solely on the Alien franchise could have been.... a-MAZE-ing? :Pr
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby PCW_Nut » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:51 am

I am pumped for this house for sure.

After seeing the work that was done on the puppets last year for American Werewolf in London, I can only imagine how awesome it will be to see the Aliens and Predator franchises come to life right before our very eyes. I am almost certain this will be the house to beat in regards to production value this year.

While not a fan of the film, it has to be noted that outside of the name, this is more of an original story which hopefully will lead to some creativity in design and scares.

Last year was my first HHN in Orlando and I was hooked right from the get go, but I have a question. Is this the most amount of IP's used and both Orlando and Hollywood? Usually you may see one house that shares an IP or theme, but so far we have Face Off, Walking Dead, AVP and From Dusk Till Dawn.

I will be at the event on the 25th and 27th of September and cannot wait to walk through some of my favorite movie franchises and have the crap scared out of me.

Postby BlahBlahson » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:16 am

^If you search around, the list of houses has been quasi-leaked for a while now, This year is pretty IP heavy, if I remember.

IIRC Dracula and Michael Myers are both getting houses as well. I think I remember a "thanksgiving gone wrong" house too. Either way I'll be there with my frequent fear.
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby PCW_Nut » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:18 am

BlahBlahson wrote:^If you search around, the list of houses has been quasi-leaked for a while now, This year is pretty IP heavy, if I remember.

Ya, I've seen that leaked list and what not, but it just seems like Hollywood and Orlando are going to be a little more similar this year around using many of the same IP's. Normally you'll only see one or two IP's at both parks simultaneously.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!