WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 177: Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge officially opens on 8/29/19
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Gimme Some Candy!

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby coasterfreak101 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:26 pm

If Indy goes, color me very excited to see what they've got in store.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Taylor Finn » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:17 pm

I won't miss American Idol, but I've always enjoyed my time watching the Indiana Jones show. Sure, it was a bit cheesed up and drawn out, but the whole thing was still pretty fun. I'm sure if they both go, whatever goes in its place will be better.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:22 pm

^I'm hoping for a new-and-improved version of the Indiana Jones ride, myself. The original version in California is great, and the one in Tokyo improved on it.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:12 pm

Taylor Finn wrote:I won't miss American Idol, but I've always enjoyed my time watching the Indiana Jones show. Sure, it was a bit cheesed up and drawn out, but the whole thing was still pretty fun. I'm sure if they both go, whatever goes in its place will be better.

Yeah, the Indiana Jones show was one of the highlights of my past visit to the Studio. I would rather see the Backlot Tour leave instead.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:26 pm

^I agree that the Backlot Tour is just a waste of space. Would love to see them build something good there.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby disneyfreak1986 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:49 pm

I've heard about American Idol closing, which I'm not at all complaining about, they just need to do something constructive with the space that is going to be vacant. Also, from @WDWNT (WDW News Today) as of June 16th, Indy isn't going anywhere as Disney confirmed to their cast members that morning.

While I think Indy needs some updating with more fireworks and explosions, it's a classic staple of Hollywood Studios and I would be sad to see it go!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:56 pm

Never liked the American Idol experience, so I'm glad to see that go. The Backlot Tour should also go, as it's been cut down so much and it's not even a working studio anymore. I can't remember the last time I saw the Indiana Jones show. Did they ever update it? It was the exact same for so many years that I stopped going. I agree with Chuck, a new and improved Indiana Jones would be awesome!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby disneyfreak1986 » Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:25 pm

^ Nope! It's still the same show since it opened way back when...

I also agree about the backlot tour. We decided to skip doing it this year for two reasons a) it was raining both days we went to the park so it was closed and b) its the same every year and significantly cut down from when it first opened. I remember going back in the 90s when half of it was a walk-through attraction and the latter half was the tram tour. I clearly recall one of the soundstages (possibly where Millionaire went) having the Wheel of Fortune set in place for several weeks of live tapings which I thought was pretty cool back then!

Now... it's so boring quickly driving through the backstage area of Hollywood Studios and then zipping over to Catasrophe Canyon which also hasn't changed since it opened and right back to the unload station. They've also moved to a recorded narration of the ride and gotten rid of the 'tour guides.' Thanks but I'll continue to pass.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:02 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/06/get-ready-to-experience-frozen-summer-fun-live-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

Like Olaf, have you ever closed your eyes and imagined yourself in another place? In summer, maybe? At Walt Disney World Resort? Or perhaps in the snow-covered kingdom of Arendelle, from Disney’s instant classic, “Frozen.” Why not all three?! After all, the hot and the cold are both so intense, if you put them together it just makes sense! And that’s just what we’re doing as part of an incredible new experience.

This summer, the world of “Frozen” takes center stage at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. We’re opening up the gates July 5 for a summer-long happening, featuring a full day of all-new, immersive “Frozen” experiences you won’t want to miss, every day through September 1!

Here are some of the highlights:
  • Olaf on Summer Vacation – Olaf the snowman is having the time of his life on his very first summer vacation! He chimes in throughout the day to keep everyone updated on all his adventures. Plus, you can pick up your very own Take-Along Olaf from locations in the park, so he can join you on your summer vacation. And when you share your photos with Olaf on social media, be sure to tag them with #OlafSummerVacation. They may just get selected to appear in that day’s grand finale!
  • Anna and Elsa’s Royal Welcome – At 11:00 a.m. each day, Elsa and Anna arrive in Hollywood as part of their goodwill tour of neighboring kingdoms, making their way down Hollywood Boulevard in a horse-drawn sleigh. Kristoff is along for the fun, too, joined by a flurry of skaters, skiiers, ice cutters and more! The entire procession culminates in a special moment at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage to officially welcome the visiting royalty to this kingdom of Hollywoodland.
  • For the First Time in Forever: A “Frozen” Sing-Along Celebration – Cool down inside the Premiere Theater, where Anna and Elsa join the Royal Historians of Arendelle for a fun and comedic retelling of the unique history of their Kingdom, filled with delightful, sing-along moments from “Frozen.”
  • Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland – Inside Soundstage One, Oaken and his cousins have created a Frozen Funland filled with cold weather activities, unique photo opportunities, and more! There’s a frozen pond with ice skating demonstrations, wintertime fun for kids in the “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” play area, a “big summer blowout” with plenty of “Frozen” merchandise, and special “Frozen”-inspired food and beverage offerings.
  • “Coolest Summer Ever” Dance Party – Starting at 5:30 p.m. each day, a dance party takes over the area around the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage, with a DJ, live band, and more! The band plays a variety of classic and contemporary summer rock & roll hits, as well as a cool, rocking medley of “Frozen” favorites. It’s going to be hot!
  • “Frozen” Fireworks Spectacular – Everything wraps up at 9:45 p.m. when Anna, Elsa, Kristoff, and Olaf come together at the Sorcerer’s Hat Icon Stage for a grand finale to the day’s festivities, kicking off an awe-inspiring fireworks display set to the glorious music of “Frozen!”

I don’t know if I’m elated or … well, you know!

If you’re somewhere in that zone, like me, you’re already bursting with anticipation for “Frozen Summer Fun – Live at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.” Starting July 5, the sky will be blue, and you guys will be there, too! It’s going to be a great summer for snowmen, royalty, and anyone who’s a fan of “Frozen!”
image.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:02 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:07 am

It's a great way to increase the crowds at DHS!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!