Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

P. 831 - Harley Quinn Spinsanity Announced for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
A not-so-awesome title

Re: Six Flags America (SFA) Discussion Thread

Postby molemaster43 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:15 pm

I noticed that SFA's website says that Joker's Jinx is temp. closed. What is the deal with that, considering I'll be there tomorrow.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:33 pm

The Joker is a very temperamental villain. ;) That ride often has issues.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:30 pm

They're afraid it will catch on fire like Flight of Fear. Kidding, kidding (I think). :devil:
114 wood+512 steel=626 | Steel Vengeance | Boulder Dash | Twisted Timbers | Coaster | X2 | Twisted Colossus | Storm Chaser | Phoenix | Maverick | Twisted Cyclone | Iron Rattler | Voyage | Kawasemi | El Toro | New Texas Giant

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:49 pm

I went today. Good time again. Every ride had two trains running, except for mind eraser; yes, even Bat wing had two trains running. One of Jokers Jinx's trains was stuck at the top. I'm not sure if anyone was on it whenever it happened. I over heard that it got stuck on test runs, but no confirmation. They have the bar/eating area near the Rajin Cajin open. I spent some time over there enjoying the day. Very relaxing. I also noticed that the seating and shade have increased 5 fold from last year. I took pics of the Cajin, but haven't uploaded to my CPU yet. Something is not working right when I try to upload to the site from my phone.
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Password121 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:59 pm

Highridin wrote:I went today. Good time again. Every ride had two trains running, except for mind eraser; yes, even Bat wing had two trains running. One of Jokers Jinx's trains was stuck at the top. I'm not sure if anyone was on it whenever it happened. I over heard that it got stuck on test runs, but no confirmation. They have the bar/eating area near the Rajin Cajin open. I spent some time over there enjoying the day. Very relaxing. I also noticed that the seating and shade have increased 5 fold from last year. I took pics of the Cajin, but haven't uploaded to my CPU yet. Something is not working right when I try to upload to the site from my phone.

Has that ever happened on Poltergeist or the FoF clones? Last week I posted that Joker's Jinx seemed to be running extremely slow, but everyone said that it was normal and just seems slow from off ride. Confirmation that I am not losing my mind! But seriously has this ever happened before?
2017 Millennium Force Ride Host
2018 Millennium Force Team Leader

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby Highridin » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:24 pm

You know, I was thinking about u when I saw the train stuck up there; I remember your post. Maybe it getting stuck is a blessing in disguise..lol..maybe they will crank up the velocity on the ride a little.
Top 3 steel: Skyrush, Twisted Timbers, I305
Top 3 wood: El Toro, Twister, Wild One

I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Postby palmerleeberry » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:35 pm

After a four year hiatus, I finally visited Six Flags America. I got more that just a pass; I've got a GOLD PASS!!!.

Went to Mardi Gras area and was impressed how good that area looked. Even thought Ragin' Cajun wasn't running, their other ride, The French Quarter Flyer, was. They did more than place a flying scooter ride in the old Cyclone's spot - they also created a new entrance to keep it closer to the exit and turn the old line station into a picnic shelter. And speaking about Cyclone: no more single rider restrictions! Four years ago, single riders must pair with another to ride Cyclone; now, single riders are allowed. You can't say the same about Rodeo, but that's the way the ride was designed, plus I was able to find another single rider to ride Rodeo with.

Overall, not a bad visit. I'm planning some revisits that might include bringing in a friend for free.

SIX FLAGS AMERICA - I'M NOT JUST GOOD, I'M GOLDEN!!! :lol:

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby maxe_pete » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:04 am

Hi, I hope this question is not out of place here:

I'll be visiting Baltimore for a few days and I am really looking forward to spend one day at SFA. :)

Now I'm wondering, what would be the best way to get to SFA by public transport from Baltimore, MD? It's only 34 miles by car, but unfortunately renting and driving a car by myself isn't an option for me.

Google gives me connections over Washington which take about 2h (e.g. from Baltimore Penn with NE Regional to New Carrollton, with Orange Line to Stadium Armory, with Blue Line to Largo Town Center, with C21 Bus to SFA).

Is there perhaps any bus shuttle going to SFA directly from Baltimore once a day?

Or is anybody of you from Baltimore and willing to visit SFA on 27th of June? :D

Best!
maxe

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby vacoaster09 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:42 am

maxe_pete wrote:Hi, I hope this question is not out of place here:

I'll be visiting Baltimore for a few days and I am really looking forward to spend one day at SFA. :)

Now I'm wondering, what would be the best way to get to SFA by public transport from Baltimore, MD? It's only 34 miles by car, but unfortunately renting and driving a car by myself isn't an option for me.

Google gives me connections over Washington which take about 2h (e.g. from Baltimore Penn with NE Regional to New Carrollton, with Orange Line to Stadium Armory, with Blue Line to Largo Town Center, with C21 Bus to SFA).

Is there perhaps any bus shuttle going to SFA directly from Baltimore once a day?

Or is anybody of you from Baltimore and willing to visit SFA on 27th of June? :D

Best!
maxe

When it comes to public transportation, the way you have already researched is probably the best way. I think you will take the MARC train from Bmore to New Carrollton (Orange Line Metro train). You will then take the orange line to the transfer point to get on the blue line metro train which will be at the Stadium Armory (DC united soccer team stadium) metro station. Take the Blue Line just a few stops to the end of the line which is Largo Town Center Metro Station. Take the bus and get off at the Six Flags America stop (Feel free to ask the bus driving for the exact stop you should get off on) you will definitely see the huge six flags sign and the park on the left hand side of the bus. Give yourself about 10 - 15 minutes to walk from the bus stop to the front gate.

The other option is to find your way to BWI airport... take the metro bus from BWI to Greenbelt metro station (green line metro train). Take the green line downtown to L'faunt Plaza metro station (transfer station to get on the blue line)... take the blue line out to the Largo Town Center metro station (last stop on the blue line). Repeat the bus directions.

Although its a lengthy commute, you will save some gas money and not have to pay for parking. Lines aren't atrociously long at this park so you will have plenty of time to get on everything. Just make sure you a lot enough time to get back to the bus stop in time... and pay attention to the exact bus schedule for the day you are traveling (i.e. on Sundays the buses run an abbreviated schedule). When traveling on the bus you may see workers in their uniform so that can be some reassurance that you are on the correct route.
Leviathan - "I am a B&M, I am clearly not the father. I305 is not my child."
Millennium Force - "Yes he is Maury... I am 100% sure"
Maury - "Leviathan ..... in the case of possessed juvenile I305 .... you are not the father!
Maverick - (giggles with guilty grin)"

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby ArundelHigh Coasters » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:29 pm

That moment when you just find out there's ERT for passholders starting today...well I guess I'm going today then...LOL. If anybody is going today and wants to meet up PM me! When I was at the park on June 9th this was what it looked like:

I imagine more work has been done the station since then. Hopefully they do have it open today.
IMG_20140609_171951.jpg
Entrance Area
IMG_20140609_175425.jpg
Special view from the train ride
IMG_20140609_175408.jpg
Side view from the train.
Life is the most thrilling roller coaster in the world. Everyone rides life.
Like a Vekoma, life isn't always great. Life is the longest, slowest, and fastest coaster in the world.
Like any coaster, life has it's up's and downs. Ride life to the fullest every day, because you don't know when it'll be taken.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!