Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

P. 1436: Hagrid's Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure news
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Universal Orlando Resort (USO, IOA) Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:06 pm

ernierocker wrote:Love the shout out to The Big Lebowski!

"You're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the Dude!"

Gawd, I haven't see bottles of Alberto VO 5 or bars of Zest soap since I was a kid.

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:14 pm

The Universal Orlando Media Week continued today with a sampling of items from three of CityWalk's newest dining venues, along with a look ahead at The Cowfish. The day concluded with a viewing of Blue Man Group, a show I hadn't seen since 2009, which had since been updated with new bits, new music and a very different finale.
001.JPG
Nothing says welcome like three men on stilts!
002.JPG
Eric and I were ready to party it up!
003.JPG
Eric was ready to indulge in some "World Famous Hot Dogs."
004.JPG
I know I'm not the only fan of Fat Tuesdays here... My advice? Go for the Rum Runner/Cat. 5 Hurricane mix!
005.JPG
The VP of CityWalk came up to introduce some special guests...
006.JPG
The owners of The Cowfish came up to express their excitement over sharing the concept of "Burgushi" with Orlando very soon!
007.JPG
Steve Schussler, the man behind Rainforest Cafe, T-Rex and Aquarium, came up to speak about his latest concept, Hot Dog Hall of Fame. He also took the time to announce a new product that the quick service window will be selling when it opens: "Paint Your Own Weiner!"

No, I'm not making this up. This is a real thing.
008.JPG
The Cowfish had unique touch screens out for play testing that will be featured in the restaurant when it opens. The tables include interactive games, news updates and the ability to interact with the restaurant dining team if needed. The game available to experience today was a "Create a Fish" experience that would allow you to design your own sea creature and drop it into a virtual fish tank above when complete.
009.JPG
Of course I would choose to make a dastardly shark with an iPhone. Because, well... Who wouldn't?
010.JPG
Despite the fact that The Cowfish is not near completion upstairs, Vivo has opened downstairs for the public to enjoy.
011.JPG
The inside is reminiscent of the same approach taken with the design of Antojitos. Unique bar spaces integrated with lots of theming around the booths, ceiling and floor.
012.JPG
You can actually see the chef working on making fresh pasta along with preparing fresh cheeses.
013.JPG
The mirror is such a brilliant design feature!
014.JPG
Hi Elissa!
015.JPG
These were bliss. But I'll get back to them momentarily.
016.JPG
We each got a souvenir apron to take home!
017.JPG
Vivo makes some incredible clams! I'll definitely be ordering these during my next visit!
018.JPG
This gnocchi was heavenly!
019.JPG
The Fiochetti with gorgonzola and pear, walnuts, brown butter and salt were INCREDIBLE!
020.JPG
This is the start of a beautiful friendship...
021.JPG
Those Fontina-stuffed Risotto Croquettes? Sheer bliss!
022.JPG
I love the continuous theme of spaghetti strands flowing throughout the restaurant!
023.JPG
Who here is ready for some hot dogs from the Hot Dog Hall of Fame?
024.JPG
There will be nine initial hot dog types available but Steve Schussler expects that new menu items will be tested and added in the coming years.
025.JPG
I just can't get over this!
026.JPG
Looks fantastic!
027.JPG
The Hot Dog Hall of Fame options will be very reasonably priced!
028.JPG
Time to head into one of my favorite places in Orlando...
029.JPG
It wouldn't be a visit to Antojitos without tequila!
030.JPG
Esquites Asados on a spoon? YES PLEASE!
031.JPG
This looks incredible even when raw...
032.JPG
It tasted incredible once it was cooked!
033.JPG
The BBQ Shrimp Tacos are among the restaurant's more unique menu items.
034.JPG
Time for something near and dear to my heart...
035.JPG
Can you guess?
036.JPG
That's right! Universal treated us to a showing of Blue Man Group! I was thrilled to see the show and its new additions after over three years of not having seen it!
037.JPG
Blue Man Group was an incredible cap off for a fantastic first day! With tomorrow's schedule filled to the brim we'll certainly have more updates for you in the coming hours!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby necoastergp » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:14 pm

The food at Vivo looks amazing! Can't wait to see how the Cowfish turns out, there are going to be so many things to try on my next visit I cannot wait. Everything they're doing looks so good. =)
Coasters: 106 (Steel:90 Wood:16) Parks:19

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Saldek » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:56 am

Jimmy Fallon and Kevin Hart ride HRRR. Kevin is hilarious! I'd love to ride a coaster with him.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:56 am

^Yeah it's always funny to ride with people who are afraid of coasters.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:52 am

Buffet played live from the Amphitheater stage in front of Rockit last night on the show as well.

Does anyone know if they filmed that during park hours, or did they close the park down and just film the musical spot with a live audience? I've got Fallon on DVR all week, should be a lot of fun!

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby chargersmichael » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:05 am

Just announced from Today Show...opening is July 8th!!

FB Page:
BREAKING NEWS! The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Diagon Alley will officially open on July 8.

Last edited by chargersmichael on Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:35 am.
Roller Coaster Count: 140
| Millennium Force | | Skyrush | | Top Thrill Dragster | | Kingda Ka | | Maverick | | El Toro | | Mako | | Apollo's Chariot | | Storm Runner | | Nitro | | Incredible Hulk |

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby crazydaveh » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:55 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:Buffet played live from the Amphitheater stage in front of Rockit last night on the show as well.

Does anyone know if they filmed that during park hours, or did they close the park down and just film the musical spot with a live audience? I've got Fallon on DVR all week, should be a lot of fun!

They do the music part at 9PM. If you've got a ticket/AP you're allowed to watch the music. I've heard from people who've been to the tapings that they were allowed in the Studios side after taping the show.
Beer... It helps coasters go higher and faster!

Dave

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/78611756e2677af30ecbe7f169e00926.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/32a684dcd0f18289ee3e5a31292b8f5a.jpg[/img][/url]

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby EastCoastKid » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:26 am

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some useful advice/information for my upcoming trip.

My father and I will be visiting Universal and Islands of Adventure this upcoming week on Monday 6/23 and then Saturday 6/28. We know absolutely nothing about these parks and could really use some information!

Are crowds insane? My dad doesn't do roller coasters but will probably be riding everything else.
What is the best way to get two-park, two-day tickets?
Which park should we do Monday, and which Saturday?

Since we will be going on a Monday and a Saturday, should we opt for Unlimited Express both days, or should we be okay on Monday?

Thank you in advance for anything and everything you guys can provide! We want to make the most of our visits!
What is this donkey business?

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby Saldek » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:57 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:Buffet played live from the Amphitheater stage in front of Rockit last night on the show as well.

The performance and filming happened after park closing at 9 p.m. However he did a rehearsal at 7 p.m.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!