TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Just got back from the park. Two ride ops were stationed at the seat but said nothing to me or my girlfriend about needing to test it out, so we blew right by it. Had about a 10 minute wait and got on. Operations weren't as bad as people had been saying they were, maybe we were lucky?

Freeze was also a walk-on around 1. Batman's line, however, was all the way to the first tunnel. I think they were only running one train.

We went today and aside from it being toasty, it was darn near perfect visit. All the coasters were up and running and we walked onto all but Batman. Dispatch was so slow I was ready to eat my boiled brain before they got us back to the loading platform. I don't think they realize how stifling hot it is in the holding area of the station, just after the ride is over. People get tired of waiting and start clicking their seat belts. If they'd just install a big fan, it wouldn't be so miserable.

I digress.

At Texas Giant, you could see the barricades by the entry and an employee at the entrance, but no stopping to warm the test seat. In fact, we walked right up and straight to a train. Same for Titan, Freeze, and Shock Wave. Overall a great visit, and a perfect way to celebrate the last day of school!!

• 2 weeks later...

A Wednesday should not be crowded. If the Park is not crowded- I personally would go to the right from the entrance. I would hit Pandemonium, backtrack a little and ride Judge Roy, continue right and catch Mr. Freeze and Batman. Keep circling counter clock wise and catch the Mine Train, Shockwave and then around to NTAG. Titan is next . In the center of the Park is Runaway Mountain- do miss it as it is a nice surprise. There is lots to do along the way- Enjoy. BTW- the reason I say go right is that NTAG and Titan run multiple Trains and "can" really move the lines when they are running right. Mr. Freeze and Batman seem to always have a long and slow line- catch them early.

A Wednesday should not be crowded. If the Park is not crowded- I personally would go to the right from the entrance. I would hit Pandemonium, backtrack a little and ride Judge Roy, continue right and catch Mr. Freeze and Batman. Keep circling counter clock wise and catch the Mine Train, Shockwave and then around to NTAG. Titan is next . In the center of the Park is Runaway Mountain- do miss it as it is a nice surprise. There is lots to do along the way- Enjoy. BTW- the reason I say go right is that NTAG and Titan run multiple Trains and "can" really move the lines when they are running right. Mr. Freeze and Batman seem to always have a long and slow line- catch them early.

I don't think batman is scheduled to be open, since they will be running it backwards soon so I believe they have stopped running it forwards. But thanks for the tips! I appreciate it!

Do any other TPR members have any other strategies for going around for a day? I always love hearing more than one opinion!

I suggest going on Texas Sky Screamer first then move on to Pandemonium, Judge Roy, and then the rest of the park. I have only been there once (Texas Giant and Shockwave were closed at the time I went) so don't take my suggestion as the best one.

According to SFOT's Facebook Batman backwards will open by July 4th weekend. I'm going a few weeks later to ride it and of course get more ntag rides.

Got a case of the Batman blues? Don't worry! It's officially running BACKWARDS July 4th!

Personally, I go left every time to ride NTG before it gets crowded and then hit Titan, but that's simply because I love those rides and have been there enough where I don't need to always hit pandemonium or Judge Roy Scream. That being said, your longest lines will be most likely be pandemonium and Mr. Freeze. Judge and shockwave will be walk on and I'm sure NTG will fill up to a 45 min or so. Take this all with a grain of salt, I haven't been this year. Also can't tell you at all about the bobsleigh ride, I haven't ridden it in years. Even forgot the name. Hope that somewhat helps.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the lines for NTAG and Titan be shorter around 4:00 or later? That always seems to be the time at the parks where the lines die down. So if I hit those two rides at mid day, should the lines be short?

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the lines for NTAG and Titan be shorter around 4:00 or later? That always seems to be the time at the parks where the lines die down. So if I hit those two rides at mid day, should the lines be short?

That time is rather optimal for Giant. Titan, at least for me, had short lines around 1ish.

Look at it this way. Mr. Freeze has A/C in the queue. NTAG does not. In my past experiences with getting to the park right at opening - NTAG was always open from the get-go and Mr. Freeze opened a litte later in the morning. So I would go NTAG first then Titan, then head over to Gotham to ride Freeze and Batman.

The reality of it is that nothing has long lines at open and either way you go would be not bad. Mr. Freeze "sometimes" has air conditioning- Batman does not... It can get really hot in those tunnels and rooms. But really- either way at open would not be too bad. For the last 2 years the Park empties ( at least Families leave) around 5:30ish.

Thanks for the input. I'm thinking the following order(remember batman will be closed):

1. NTAG

2. Titan

3. Pandemonium

4. Mr. Freeze

5. Skyscreamer

6. Judge Roy

7. Mine Train

8. Superman

9. Shockwave

10. Oil Tower Overlook

11. Runaway Mountain

12. Re-rides if possible

Thoughts? Make sense? Is it reasonable to say that i'll be able to accomplish all of that in a day? Should I switch anything? (Remember I want to be able to ride everything if possible, even if the actual ride is bad)

Edited by CPSFMMCW