WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

P. 177: Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge officially opens on 8/29/19
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I used to live in Utah, then Alan Schilke took out a restraining order

Re: WDW Disney's Hollywood Studios Discussion Thread

Postby GoBears » Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:44 am

I have a couple questions regarding Tower of Terror at DHS. It's one of my favorite rides but it has been a while since I last rode it. I know there are multiple elevator shafts, so does that mean there are multiple hallway and 5th dimension rooms within the tower I'm assuming? Also, what is the little ghost girl saying in the hallway scene? She's mumbling something but it's hard to understand.
My Top 5 Steel: 1. Maverick 2. The Incredible Hulk 3. Millennium Force 4. Dragon Challenge (Fireball) 5. Diamondback
My Top 5 Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Goliath 3. The Beast 4. American Eagle (Red) 5. American Thunder

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:35 am

There are 4 shafts that take you up the the 5th dimension room. That room is a merge-point when the car moves forward, going from 4 paths merging into 2, which are the 2 drop shafts.

Here is a good diagram

trk_mgm_tower.jpg

Source

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:19 pm

The girl is singing (it's raining, it's pouring; the old man is snoring) when you see her in the hallway.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

I used to live in Utah, then Alan Schilke took out a restraining order

Postby GoBears » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks for the fast answers, guys!
My Top 5 Steel: 1. Maverick 2. The Incredible Hulk 3. Millennium Force 4. Dragon Challenge (Fireball) 5. Diamondback
My Top 5 Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Goliath 3. The Beast 4. American Eagle (Red) 5. American Thunder

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:41 am

http://attractionsmagazine.com/american-idol-experience-disneys-hollywood-studios-closing-early-2015/

The American Idol Experience attraction at Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be shutting down in early January 2015.
Although Disney hasn’t officially announced it yet (See the update below.), Idol cast members were told the show would be limiting the number of daily shows starting in mid-July, then closing the show completely the first week of January 2015.

The show, which opened in 2009, allowed park guests to try out to perform for other guests and to compete for the Golden Ticket, which allowed them to skip the line at an “American Idol” television show audition. Many “American Idol” finalists got their start at the attraction over the years.

UPDATE: Walt Disney World Resort, FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment have released this joint statement:

“After more than five successful years, The American Idol Experience will be coming to a close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios theme park in January 2015. Our partnership with FremantleMedia and 19 Entertainment has been a great addition to the park and we are very appreciative of the amazing cast and guests who have devoted their time and talent to make this experience special and memorable. We are incredibly proud of the more than 2,000 Dream Tickets that have given guests a chance to live their very own Cinderella story and audition for ‘American Idol’. This past season alone, three of the Top 13 contestants were originally discovered through The American Idol Experience and we expect the attraction to continue providing top contestants for ‘American Idol’ XIV in the coming year.”
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:52 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Postby Woodie Warrior » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:19 am

This may have something to do with the rumored Star Wars area. Hopefully.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby necoastergp » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:25 am

Woodie Warrior wrote:This may have something to do with the rumored Star Wars area. Hopefully.

Or the fact American Idol's popularity in general has gone way down over the last few years.
Coasters: 106 (Steel:90 Wood:16) Parks:19

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Woodie Warrior wrote:This may have something to do with the rumored Star Wars area. Hopefully.

I was thinking the same thing - especially with the theater next door vacant (other than movie previews), there's nothing in their way of taking over Echo Lake. Now I'll just be curious to see how they handle Indiana Jones.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:03 pm

necoastergp wrote:

Or the fact American Idol's popularity in general has gone way down over the last few years.

Hmm--possibly both. Who can say?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby doom1001 » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:43 pm

Reports are that both Idol and the Indy show will be closing.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!