TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Triple Corkscrew Coaster.

Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment Manufacturing have just advertised their new massively mislabeled 6 Ring Coaster. The ride actually only has 5 inversions but most interestingly it has 3 corkscrews in a row. A characteristic which has been unique to Fantasia Special in South Korea for 21 years.

Hebei Zhongye don't actually mention where this ride has been built in China but it sure looks interesting.

Triple-1.jpg.c617e1f753cf489eae2fb08e92a9a2cc.jpg

Triple-2.thumb.jpg.f82354c405836fa5dcd591594729f35a.jpg

Triple-3.jpg.4c17bbaf156023da354ad98fac4131fd.jpg

Triple-4.jpg.f1084eb69fa3b27181c02cc95f9f565f.jpg

Triple-5.thumb.jpg.1532a139a2288a92e080f8244ead3824.jpg

Triple-6.thumb.jpg.a8f72ed80ba01aa48bd82a4a9ba1c013.jpg

Source

Edited by Gutterflower

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yikes

Perhaps this is from one of the new Wanda or Fantawild parks? I'm not very current on construction of Chinese theme parks, but that seems like a fairly reasonable guess.

Not a bad shout but I'm 99% certain its not I'm afraid. I've been obsessively following the Wanda and Fantawild Parks. (No idea why really beyond ingrained insanity) and its not any of the ones I know about.

I'm searching for it at the mo so as soon as i figure it out I'll post it.

I'd not noticed the really unbanked turn into the corkscrews. That seems insane.

I'll give them props on the drop because of how steep it looks. Outside of that... the entire transition into the corkscrew looks, um, uncomfortable to say the least.

Who knows. Maybe China is going off of trial and error now, but then they'll surprise everyone with some quality coasters many years from now... or at least something that looks and feels rideable...

Seeing this makes me think... Why is it that on a lot of recent, rave review weakening coasters, you rarely ever see double, let alone triple elements. Think about it, when's the last time you've seen a double loop on a new/well built ride?

Just an observation, maybe I'm missing a few modern rides, but there's not many I don't think, at least in Europe/america.

Seeing this makes me think... Why is it that on a lot of recent, rave review weakening coasters, you rarely ever see double, let alone triple elements. Think about it, when's the last time you've seen a double loop on a new/well built ride?

Just an observation, maybe I'm missing a few modern rides, but there's not many I don't think, at least in Europe/america.

Double barrel roll, Outlaw Run.

Double barrel roll, Outlaw Run.

I knew I was missing something :/ to

But other than that, and the quad-twist on Thorpe's Colossus, I can't think of very many... even harder, try to think of a double vertical loo' that's been on a high caliber ride that's been installed recently... It's kind of sad to see that element falling out of use. I wonder why?

Anyway, this triple corkscrew coaster looks, as many people have said *interesting* .. Can't wait to see Robb's reaction if they ever make a POV of the ride on a China trip

what's up with the abnormally long stretch of straight track back into the station? It looks amateurish even for RCT2 (unless they shock the world with four train operations).

It's still shorter than the final brake runs of Gatekeeper and Leviathan.

Edited by cfc

In my experiences with arrow corkscrews, I've found the corkscrews to be one of the least painful parts of the ride. I've found other parts of the ride to be a lot worse. So I guess the corkscrews could either be not that bad or really bad.

^Exactly. Once the first corkscrew hits you, the ride continues in the same motion, therefore not jarring your head, which leads to one of the smoothest parts of the ride. The triple corkscrew should be interesting as you only have one "painful" corkscrew and two smooth ones as opposed to half and half on a double corkscrew.