Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 179: "Rivers of Light: We Are One" updated show announced
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thr

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:20 pm

^ Well, I hope it's not going to ruin your visit, if the track's not back. :smile:
And it sounds like, from the video, it's scarier without it in that section.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:26 pm

SFGAmFan1976 wrote:How long will it be before the broken track is back in place? I am going to be at the Animal Kingdom on the 11th.

I was told it will only be gone a couple of days, but you never know!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:29 pm

SFGAmFan1976 wrote:How long will it be before the broken track is back in place? I am going to be at the Animal Kingdom on the 11th.

2 Words. Disco Yeti
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Rollercoaster Rider wrote:

2 Words. Disco Yeti

I really wish people would stop complaining about the yeti. It's really stupid. In fact, I feel that most people who complain about the yeti have never actually seen the original version of it!

IMO the Yeti is not really "broken." What is "broken" about the yeti is that it shouldn't have been a giant, expensive-as-hell AA in the first place since you see if for a total of 1.5 seconds as you fly by it at 30 MPH. It's not like the Lava Monster in Journey where the ride stops, you can look at the character do it's "show" and then you move on.

Even when it worked you wouldn't believe how many people totally missed it. It was one of those "If you blink you miss it" situations. Like I said, I think the real mistake wasn't about if it's working or not working, but the overall design and placement of that scene in the ride. And because of that, I don't think we will ever see the yeti get "fixed."

IMO, the "really awesome expensive yeti animatronic" should have gone in the scene where the yeti rips up the track is. Then you'd REALLY be able to see how awesome that figure is! Realistically, it was just a huge waste of money.
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:47 pm.

Alan Schilke is my "man crush".

Walt Disney World Disney's Animal Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Woodie Warrior » Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:49 pm

robbalvey wrote:
Rollercoaster Rider wrote:

2 Words. Disco Yeti

I really wish people would stop complaining about the yeti. It's really stupid. In fact, I feel that most people who complain about the yeti have never actually seen the original version of it!

IMO the Yeti is not really "broken." What is "broken" about the yeti is that it shouldn't have been a giant, expensive-as-hell AA in the first place since you see if for a total of 1.5 seconds as you fly by it at 30 MPH. It's not like the Lava Monster in Journey where the ride stops, you can look at the character do it's "show" and then you move on.

Even when it worked you wouldn't believe how many people totally missed it. It was one of those "If you blink you miss it" situations. Like I said, I think the real mistake wasn't about if it's working or not working, but the overall design and placement of that scene in the ride. And because of that, I don't think we will ever see the yeti get "fixed."

IMO, the "really awesome expensive yeti animatronic" should have gone in the scene where the yeti rips up the track is. Then you'd REALLY be able to see how awesome that figure is! Realistically, it was just a huge waste of money.

For example, in 2011, before I had seen the POVs and knew where everything on the ride was, I rode Expedition Everest three times and didn't notice the Yeti at all. The train moves by the Yeti so quickly that all I saw was a strobe light. So I agree with Robb, there really isn't a point in trying to make it move.
Top 10: 1. The Voyage 2. Outlaw Run 3. Millennium Force 4. SkyRush 5. Maverick
6. El Toro 7. Fahrenheit 8. Storm Runner 9. Thunderbird 10. Powder Keg

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby KingRCT3 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:37 pm

I'm really dying to learn more about the Yeti though, and see its moves in action. What he was exactly supposed to do, and how so? I read things like it was more powerful than an aircraft reactor at some point, or something along those lines...!

By the way, the bird on a stick is the best animatronic Disney has ever produced. Don't know why people are talking about the Yeti that much LOL. :lol:

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:08 am

KingRCT3 wrote:By the way, the bird on a stick is the best animatronic Disney has ever produced. Don't know why people are talking about the Yeti that much LOL. :lol:

Exactly! We should be focusing on how exciting it is that he's back!!!!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:32 am

I have experienced Bird on a Stick but once; it was, indeed, glorious!

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:32 am

Yesterday I had the chance to visit Disney's Animal Kingdom Park to check out the newest addition, or rather re-introduction of one of the park's most popular shows. The opening of the Harambe Theatre and the relocation of Festival of the Lion King is a major part of the park's expansion efforts. Let's take a look and see just how much was done to move the show from its previous home to Harambe!
1.JPG
Time for another great day in the park!
2.JPG
Here's the path to the former Camp Minnie-Mickey, soon to be home to Pandora: The World of Avatar (title not confirmed).
3.JPG
Festival of the Lion King moved from the lower portion of the park to the left of the Oasis to a brand new theater in the back of Africa.
4.JPG
This is new!
5.JPG
Let's head over!
6.JPG
Rather than disassembling the old theater and moving it to Harambe, Disney built a brand new theater for the Festival of the Lion King and blended it beautifully into the existing Harambe area.
7.JPG
The backside of the Tusker House is beautiful!
8.JPG
This corner of the park used to only be seen from the Discovery River Boats that ran during the park's first year.
9.JPG
Almost ready to head in...
10.JPG
Such a nice, new area!
11.JPG
I love the detail that went into integrating this new venue into Harambe!
12.JPG
Rumor has it a dragon lives in this cave!
13.JPG
Certificate of Authenticity!
14.JPG
Lots of extended queue space for this very popular show...
15.JPG
Festival of the Lion King has returned with some slightly modified choreography along with new lighting and fog effects...
16.JPG
But it is the same show that guests have known and loved for years!
17.JPG
The new fog effects are awesome!
18.JPG
Are you ready?
19.JPG
Time for some photos for those of you that have never seen the show!
20.JPG
In case you were wondering, these were parade floats before they were ever used in the show at Animal Kingdom.
21.JPG
The show is seriously an overload of awesome!
22.JPG
Simba plays a large part in the show as well!
23.JPG
May I introduce to you, the Tumble Monkeys!
24.JPG
More fog!
25.JPG
FIRE!!!
26.JPG
So awesome!
27.JPG
Never get tired of seeing this!
28.JPG
There's an aerial acrobatic section of the show set to the tune of "Can You Feel The Love Tonight."
29.JPG
Fun stuff!
30.JPG
An elephant for the elephant section!
31.JPG
So much going on, it is great!
32.JPG
So much fun!
33.JPG
I really do love this show!
34.JPG
And the finale!
36.JPG
The new Harambe Theatre is an incredible additional to an already amazing park. It is great to see this fantastic show returning to the park after a brief hiatus in a brand new, beautifully themed theater with new effects and lighting. If this is a sign of things to come for this park, there's a lot to be excited about!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:10 am

The new theater looks as if it was built there years ago. It really does fit in nicely. They did a great job.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!