California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

P. 1176: Cedar Fair complete park land purchase!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Mmmm Vekoma

Re: California Great America (CGA) Discussion Thread

Postby c0sterfreek » Thu May 22, 2014 9:14 am

With the park closing at 10pm, does anyone know if kidZville and planet snoopy stay open till closing?

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby CoasterBeagle » Fri May 30, 2014 9:57 am

c0sterfreek wrote:With the park closing at 10pm, does anyone know if kidZville and planet snoopy stay open till closing?

kidsville closes at 9 pm. planet snoopy not sure about.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Fri May 30, 2014 12:38 pm

Tmcdllr wrote:This is already becoming a really bad joke. The solution is simple, Prudential can just move.

How dare they ask CGA to adhere to the terms of their agreement. Walking away from a multi million dollar real estate investment is not "simple," which is why CGA, the city of Santa Clara, and Prudential reached an agreement in the first place.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby CoasterBeagle » Fri May 30, 2014 12:43 pm

Glad I'm working at Flight Deck.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby rumble » Sat May 31, 2014 10:25 am

c0sterfreek wrote:With the park closing at 10pm, does anyone know if kidZville and planet snoopy stay open till closing?

I was at the park until closing last night, and both Kidzville and Planet Snoopy were open until the park closed at 10pm.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby MrSum1_55 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:55 am

It seems like the worst case scenario now is the addition of more tunnels, which I something I have absolutely no problem with. If this could delay the development of future attractions, then that could be irritating, but I really do not care about the potential for the addition of more tunnels. In fact, I actually like the addition of some of the tunnels and walls, as close objects do seem to enhance the feeling of speed. I do somewhat dislike the first drop tunnel, but that is probably the most important tunnel on the ride. At this point in time, I will not be losing any sleep over new tunnels.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:35 am

MrSum1_55 wrote:It seems like the worst case scenario now is the addition of more tunnels, which I something I have absolutely no problem with. If this could delay the development of future attractions, then that could be irritating, but I really do not care about the potential for the addition of more tunnels. In fact, I actually like the addition of some of the tunnels and walls, as close objects do seem to enhance the feeling of speed. I do somewhat dislike the first drop tunnel, but that is probably the most important tunnel on the ride. At this point in time, I will not be losing any sleep over new tunnels.

Still waiting to the point where it's entirely enclosed. Would maybe reduce maintenance.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club. Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club. Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club. Joined January 30, 2015
Proud Member of the 600 Coaster Club, Joined April 21, 2017

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby RandallDuell » Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:45 am

What happened to the usual crew of folks that would post Photo TRs for CGA? This thread is bizarrely quiet...

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mechanic » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:13 am

Gold Striker = Tuff Shed: The Ride. Don't get me wrong though, it's still a really fun coaster.

Every problem is a solution waiting to happen.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:12 pm

RandallDuell wrote:What happened to the usual crew of folks that would post Photo TRs for CGA? This thread is bizarrely quiet...

For some reason that is still unknown to us, they have decided to start posting disparaging and rude comments about TPR on other sites, and they were banned. It's a real shame as they posted some very good update for us and TPR gave them access to events at the park they normally would not have been invited to. It's unfortunately another reason why it becomes more difficult for us to trust people that we do not know personally.

If anyone else reading this thread would like to start posting more regular updates, we would welcome it.

Thanks.

--Robb

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!