TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

NEWS: Knott's Soak City to become Aquatica San Diego

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Ski areas aren't getting extra business because Blizzard Beach in Florida is themed to one. Banzai Pipeline in Hawaii isn't getting more surfers because a lot of slides are named after it. Likewise, a mat racer named after a hill won't make people go to said hill.

• 2 weeks later...
Awesome news!

Looks like a clone of the one at Splashtown.

I much prefer the 360 degree helixes on Octopus racers, but still awesome!

I reckon this one looks more interesting because you need more skill to follow through the S-Bend, rather than just leaning the same way through a 360.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It is interesting to see the launch and turnaround for this mat racer face the opposite direction of the downhill portion of the ride, since it seemed like this was going to be a clone of the model installed at Orlando's Aquatica. Either way, it will definitely be a solid addition to what appears to be a fantastic park!

I'm really excited to come back this summer and see what year 2 has in store. Aside from the new slide, will be interesting to see how operations are and how the plants have grown in to really sell that tropical feel.

• 2 weeks later...