SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 628: Ice Breaker launched coaster for 2020!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Re: SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

Postby triggernel » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:19 pm

Erik Johnson wrote:I rode the Sky Tower today. While the new 50th Anniversay wrap around the observation car looks great from the outside, it makes it very difficult to see through the windows while on the actual ride.

Agreed!
Snoochie Boochie

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu May 08, 2014 8:35 am

This morning the media was invited out to SeaWorld Orlando's Aquatica to try out the new Ihu's Breakaway Falls trap door water slide. The reaction that Adam had was HILARIOUS!!! Be sure to watch the video (especially the end) below! The ride has been soft opened for guest over the past week, but it "officially" opens tomorrow.

ORLANDO, Fla. (May 9, 2014) – Ihu’s Breakaway Falls™ - the tallest, steepest and only multi-drop tower slide of its kind in Orlando – is now open at Aquatica, SeaWorld’s Waterpark™.

Riders climb 126 steps to the top of the eight-story tower (nearly 80 feet), stepping into one of three colorful breakaway boxes. As the door closes, riders cross their arms and give a thumbs up in preparation for their drop -- they’ll never know when the floor beneath them will disappear! Facing each other, riders watch as their fellow riders fall. Adding to the anticipation is the sound of a heartbeat, which can be heard in the background while bracing for the drop. Once the floor disappears, riders drop 20-24 feet per second launching them into a spiraling speed slide culminating in a final splashdown.
Riders who are not quite brave enough for the breakaway boxes can try the open slide. But don’t be fooled, this is not an ordinary slide; it’s the steepest of the four slides and many riders are calling it the most intense.

“Ihu’s Breakaway Falls is the reason to visit Aquatica Orlando this summer,” said Bryan Nadeau, Aquatica Orlando vice president. “From the daring height, crazy drops, and intense speed, this thrilling new attraction brings a whole new level of excitement to an already amazing park that has so much for every age.”

Here are some photos & video!
ihu_01.jpg
We are here this morning at Aquatica in Orlando checking out their latest water slide for thrill seekers!
ihu_02.jpg
First thing they did was give us awesome sunglasses! We ran into Eric from the Unofficial SeaWorld Podcast. He looks dead sexy in purple!
ihu_03.jpg
Hanging out with Haley from Attractions Magazine. Only the cool kids wear pink!
ihu_04.jpg
There it is! Ihu's Breakaway Falls! Three "trap door" water slides and one awesome body slide!
ihu_05.jpg
Adam is still glowing over the fact that SeaWorld parks switched over to Coke products!
ihu_06.jpg
If you're not up to the challenge of riding, they have this awesome green screen photo thing so you can "fake it" and still look cool to all your friends.
ihu_07.jpg
Except Adam will never look cool to all his friends! :P (We love you, Adam!) (That's a lie....)
ihu_08.jpg
Because EVERYONE goes riding water slides in shorts and a collared shirt!
ihu_09.jpg
If you're a fan of ProSlide (which we are) you gotta love the look and feel of their slides!
ihu_10.jpg
And yes, Ihu's Breakaway Falls is TWISTY!!!
ihu_11.jpg
Adam is smiling now, but in just a few moments, he's about to be TERRIFIED!!!
ihu_12.jpg
This is the moment here where you need to watch the video...especially the ending...over and over...every time he screams I still LOL!
ihu_13.jpg
Today we are hashtagging #BreakawayBrave!
ihu_14.jpg
The "postcard" shot of Ihu's Breakaway Falls
ihu_15.jpg
"Adam? Are you ok???"
ihu_16.jpg
The boring ride info stuff that everyone has to read.
ihu_17.jpg
Ihu's Breakaway Falls.... THROUGH THE TREES!
ihu_18.jpg
Those are the tubes that drop you out!
ihu_19.jpg
And the one lone body slide has a pretty good drop on it!
ihu_20.jpg
There's the landing platform. Hope you make it! ;)
ihu_21.jpg
More ride info...
ihu_22.jpg
From the top of Ihu's Breakaway Falls you can get a great view of Kraken!
ihu_23.jpg
And Manta!
ihu_24.jpg
Are you ready to slide? Here's the purple body slide entrance....
ihu_25.jpg
And these trap door "capsules" also have a heart beat pulsating sound in them!
ihu_26.jpg
This image gives Adam nightmares!
ihu_27.jpg
TWO HUGE THUMBS UP for Ihu's Breakaway Falls! Come out to SeaWorld's Aquatica in Orlando and ride!
Last edited by robbalvey on Thu May 08, 2014 8:37 am.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu May 08, 2014 10:35 am

Hmm--Adam's scream would make a great sound effect for the next Star Wars movie. Breakaway Falls looks like a larger, crazier version of Vanish Point at Water Country USA.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby crazydaveh » Thu May 08, 2014 11:51 am

Seeing this post is making me want to head down there now. Awesome stuff Adam! Robb, why didn't you try?
Beer... It helps coasters go higher and faster!

Dave

Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/78611756e2677af30ecbe7f169e00926.jpg[/img][/url][url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/32a684dcd0f18289ee3e5a31292b8f5a.jpg[/img][/url]

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby CPSFMMCW » Thu May 08, 2014 11:54 am

great views of Kraken and Manta! Stunning!
Check out Coaster Studios on YouTube!
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheCoasterguy14
Twitter: @coasterstudios
Intimidator 305|El Toro|Apollo's Chariot|New Texas Giant|Nitro|Kingda Ka|Skyrush|Superman: Ride of Steel|Superman: Ultimate Flight|Volcano

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu May 08, 2014 12:30 pm

crazydaveh wrote:Robb, why didn't you try?

Someone has to film and someone had to ride! I'm actually going to ride it tonight.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby hydra » Fri May 09, 2014 6:10 am

Those enclosed speed slides scare me to death. I get so claustrophobic. The trap door for sure would NOT help.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri May 09, 2014 6:22 am

If I were an operator on this slide, this is what I'd be tempted to say before springing the trapdoor: "Goodbye, Mr. Bond!"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jynx242 » Fri May 09, 2014 6:54 am

^ :nina:

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Fri May 09, 2014 7:09 am

"hasta la vista, baby" would also be a great one, I think ;)
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!