TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

That pretzel looks pretty tasty, can't wait to check that out. Pantopia is looking very nice. I like the added color to the area as it really adds to the experience. It's a shame Scorpion and Pheonix didn't get a color change too.

How busy do you guys think the park will be tomorrow?. From what I have been reading it sounds like cheetah chase has the longest line. Should that be the first ride to ride? I will try to get a up date on the new ride

Cheetah Chase is the former name of the parks wild mouse coaster,currently known as Sand Serpent.Cheetah Hunt is the new Intamin launch coaster that will certainly have the parks longest waits.The wild mouse coaster is now in its third name as before it was known as Sand Serpent or Cheetah Chase I rode it at Busch Gardens Williamsburg where it was known as Wild Maus.

That pretzel looks pretty tasty, can't wait to check that out. Pantopia is looking very nice. I like the added color to the area as it really adds to the experience. It's a shame Scorpion and Pheonix didn't get a color change too.

Scorpion didn't but Phoenix is now orange-pinkish color.

^^^Unless you want to get all of the credits, I would skip Cheetah Chase - standard wild mouse clone (nothing special). I was there last Monday, and it wasn't very busy. My suggestion would be to get there early, run for Cheetah Hunt, then go over to Sheikra and Kumba via the Skyride (opens 30 minutes prior to park opening). Montu had a very short line the entire day while I was there, and for some reason in the middle of the day Gwazi's line was an hour long. I hit up that ride in the afternoon and the line died down - didn't want to wait an hour for a rickety and bumpy woodie! The waterpark is always a nice place to be if the midways start to get hot and you want to cool off. Anyways, enjoy your trip.

An update on Falcon's Fury would be great!

An update on Falcon's Fury would be great!

Well I went there yesterday also, and noticed that the side panels have been installed onto the seats.

BmKgMOKIEAEi4ci.jpg:large

It was hard to get a good shot of it though, so this is the best that I could do. Also, they added a design onto the catch car, but I forgot to take a picture of it. There wasn't anyone working on it, but they did do one test run without rotation about 10 minutes before the park closed.

^Thanks! Were those sides to the vehicles some type of fabric?

Nope. They were a hard material. I saw a picture of them up close before they were put on that shows them off better, but I can't find it again.

Does anyone have a picture of the repainted Phoenix? I had no idea until now that it too got a repaint and would love to see it.

Sure. This is the best photo I have.

557312009_AustinsiPhone040.thumb.JPG.55efb970e78b2a181f427057e7dec6c1.JPG

Orange Phoenix

And this is from the Busch Gardens app. Note that they painted the sign too.

1114142361_AustinsiPhone051.thumb.PNG.fa34638cecba43b3ba724902e06ef595.PNG

From the app

Busch Gardens has put up a POV of Falcon's Fury. Makes me wonder if they are going to keep the seat rotation how it is. Also, if you look closely at the cars, you can see the the footage of it going up is sped up. I would estimate that this was filmed about 4-6 days ago looking at where the construction walls are.

Edited by jedimaster1227

I wonder how long it'll actually take to ascend the tower. The POV was sped up on the way to the top (look at the cars/coasters), but it looked to be normal speed on the drop.

Crazy ride.

Also, that article was written by high school students, so I don't think it's unreasonable to cut them a bit of slack:

http://www.bradenton.com/2014/04/28/5125365/journalism-next-bio-junior-katie.html

http://www.bradenton.com/2014/04/28/5125367/journalism-next-bio-kelli-mccarthy.html