TR: Chimelong Ocean Kingdom With FOTR POV!

Walrus Splash and FOTR POV =>
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Archived Photo Trip Reports of Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, and Donkeys!
MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Re: TR: Chimelong Ocean Kingdom With FOTR POV!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:48 am

^ Maybe Chimelong likes to add "Coaster" to every roller coasters they owns.

On the other hand, Chimelong thinks Walrus Splash is not a credit because they didn't change it's name. Polar Explorer's name is likely to change into Water Coaster as well. :cry:

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:05 pm

coasterfreak101 wrote:Wait...what was wrong with Flying Over the Rainforest?!

Yeah, I mean, it definitely sounds much better than Parrot Coaster.
gerstlaueringvar wrote:Just heard from the park that Flying Over The Rainforest's name is officially changed to Parrot Coaster...

Chimelong please hire someone who can give a proper name! It sounds "fine" in English but really pathetic in Chinese! Wild Parrot is much better!

Think that it doesn't really sound "fine" in English, just crappy so I can only imagine how it must sound in Chinese.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:43 am

Don't have another thread to post these photos so...

Polar Explorer just added fog machine. Looks amazing! They run 10 cars on this without stacking which is REALLY rare for a Chinese park. FOTR runs two trains without stacking, Walrus Splash runs six trains without stacking. And I heard from the park that the water on EVERY water related rides are changed continuously. Chimelong bought the world's best water purification equipment from (I think) White Water.

Chimelong didn't disappoint on this park. Last Saturday the attendance was around 56,000 and the income that day was around $13 million. Wonder if Kings Island had more attendance and income that day. I assume Ocean Kingdom could break the record of Magic Kingdom on annual visitor attendance? We'll see.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby kailisun98 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:32 am

Wow! Nice to see a park in China with good ops. Seems a little like a Chinese Cedar Fair park almost.
Top 5 Steel: 1. Outlaw Run @ SDC 2. Flight Deck@CGA 3. X2@ SFMM 4. Medusa@ SFDK 5.YOLOcoaster @ SFMM
Top 3 Wooden: 1. El Toro@ SFGA 2.Gold Striker @ CGA 3. Apocolypse@ SFMM 4. "High Five"@ OCT Wuhan
Total Coaster Count: Wooden: 15 Steel: 143 Total: 158

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby milst1 » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:05 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:Don't have another thread to post these photos so...

Polar Explorer just added fog machine. Looks amazing! They run 10 cars on this without stacking which is REALLY rare for a Chinese park. FOTR runs two trains without stacking, Walrus Splash runs six trains without stacking. And I heard from the park that the water on EVERY water related rides are changed continuously. Chimelong bought the world's best water purification equipment from (I think) White Water.

Chimelong didn't disappoint on this park. Last Saturday the attendance was around 56,000 and the income that day was around $13 million. Wonder if Kings Island had more attendance and income that day. I assume Ocean Kingdom could break the record of Magic Kingdom on annual visitor attendance? We'll see.

Wow, are you serious about that? I'm curious because they'd have to put up numbers like that almost every day of the year to beat MK's attendance, which averages 45K/day and pretty much blows every other park out of the water (only Disneyland Ananheim and the Tokyo Disney parks come close). Is there something about this park that blows away every other park in China(?) because no existing park in China has ever come close to MK. The closest are Ocean Park and HK Disneyland, which don't match MK even with combined attendance. The only park in China proper with top 25 numbers is Happy Valley Shenzhen, but it's a fraction of MK, behind by approx. 13mm in attendance. I'm intrigued by your point because I realize how massive China's population is.
Shameless Plug!
One Photo For Every Park We Hit in 2018!
2017 2016 2015 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009
Last Park: Midway State Park
Next Park: La Ronde
Final 2018 Park Count: 101
Running 2019 Park Count: 104

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:19 am

^ the price of one day admission has raised to approximately $61, which is way too much for at least half of the Chinese population. I doubt their annual visitor attendance can compete with MK but from my visit during Lunar New Year vacation and the insane number of visitors last Saturday, seems like they are ready to break the single day record of MK this summer. For a Tuesday, the park is still pretty busy today with 30-45mins wait on most rides. Visitor attendance was around 18,000 today.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby rctneil » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:55 am

Just seen the POV of Walrus Splash. Very impressive theming during the gentle first half with the rockwork and I assume the enclosure you ride past will contain live walrus's? (or is that walri? ;-) ).

Not terribly surprised about the coasters name being changed to Parrot Coaster as Chimelong's names for their coasters were not terribly inventive. But yes Flying over the Rainforest was a fine name for it.
TRIPS:
West Coast Tour 2009 - || - Middle America 2010 - || - IntimidaTOUR 2010 - || - Best of China 2012
Taiwan 2013 - || - Japan 2013 - || Scandinavia 2014
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/5a7b5ea10f265e536d315d1bd5a624a7.jpg[/img][/url]

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:40 am

Here are some pictures of Polar Explorer's queue line. Some of the decorations are REAL antique that Chimelong bought back from Europe.

Photo credit: Jia Lin.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Any New Yorker here?
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Last edited by gerstlaueringvar on Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:08 am.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:44 am

^Wow these guys DO care about proper theming! That's always nice to know.
Buy the way, didn't you say something about them building a BIG wooden coaster?
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby rubysparkles » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:24 am

Looks great, can't wait to go back and try the rides when they are open. If it's that popular now I am very glad I went on a slow day and managed to get on FotR so many times with no lines. So glad to hear of a theme park in this region actually operating a second train! The queue looks great on Polar Express. I'm happy to see more photos from this park!
Twisted Colossus, I305, Skyrush, Iron Rattler, Phoenix, Maverick.

PreviousNext

Return to Photo Trip Report Archive