TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay (BGT Discussion Thread)

p. 375: Phoenix Rising family inverted coaster announced for 2024!

According to one of the comments on the video, as soon as the gondola hits the pre-braking section, the seats are supposed to start returning to the vertical position. The cylinders (the thing that snapped) are set to tight which is causing the issues.

Since they kept dropping the ride with the non working seats I'm guessing nothing is broken/dangerous for the ride.

I hate to speculate, but I'm guessing that the adjustments are not a 100% for the broken seat, and that they will fix it quite easy.

I'm very impressed with the ride itself. I thought the tilting back would take longer, and start higher up. I also thought the ride would start breaking much earlier.

This is really starting to shape up to one of the absolute most scariest rides in the world.

Since they kept dropping the ride with the non working seats I'm guessing nothing is broken/dangerous for the ride.

I hate to speculate, but I'm guessing that the adjustments are not a 100% for the broken seat, and that they will fix it quite easy.

I'm very impressed with the ride itself. I thought the tilting back would take longer, and start higher up. I also thought the ride would start breaking much earlier.

This is really starting to shape up to one of the absolute most scariest rides in the world.

I agree... I can't believe how fast those seats snap back into place! I was expecting a soft return to the upright position... Not a neck breaking snap! I cannot wait to experience this bad boy!!!

Not a good thing to read the day after buying tickets for May trip.

Hopefully it's only a minor delay, but we'll still manage to have an awesome time even if it can't open in time for us.

Will there be ankle guards to keep your legs in place for Falcon's Fury? I don't see them on the seats. Will your feet just hang down or...

I have also though about that, but so far, I haven't seen any.

I agree... I can't believe how fast those seats snap back into place! I was expecting a soft return to the upright position... Not a neck breaking snap! I cannot wait to experience this bad boy!!!

That part does look better than I originally thought.

Not a good thing to read the day after buying tickets for May trip.

Hopefully it's only a minor delay, but we'll still manage to have an awesome time even if it can't open in time for us.

You should know better, there's a reason we always do our US based TPR Trips later in the summer. You just can't trust these parks!

There is hope that it may open soon though, as the local stations here in the Tampa Bay area are already airing commercials. In those commercials, it appears that there are actual riders on it. But then again, that may just be fancy footwork in fotography . Either way, the ads look really scary and cool at the same time.

I have also heard the radio spots here in Orlando - just says opening soon, however.

I was at the park last Thursday and there were a TON of people working in the Pantopia area, along with the Falcon's Fury construction / testing team. I'm willing to bet that the delay will be short and involves some fine tuning on the ride itself, and on the re-vamping of the surrounding area.

They were already working on Landscaping, which is a good sign (there were a TON of plants moving around.)

From what I could see - Pantopia is going to look GREAT and every time I look at Falcon's Fury - I am kind of astounded at how freaking scary it is going to be

David

This may be the one ride I may just walk by. It looks terrifying. I think the tilting of the seat is the most scary part of the ride. lol. I hope the delay doesn't take too long. I was concern with the opening date as most rides tend to be opened around memorial weekend, so to me the delay wouldn't affect BGT too much.

For those thinking that this is just a quick fix, why do you think that? I'm surprised that they delayed the scheduled opening day. Usually the project manager takes these risks into account and will schedule the project accordingly. Either he didn't do his job right or there's a bigger problem than you think.

^Something tells me it won't be a quick fix. The video I saw of the seats snapping up (and apparently a dangling, broken hydraulic arm) certainly made it look like some design work will be have to be modified. But maybe not.

For those thinking that this is just a quick fix, why do you think that? I'm surprised that they delayed the scheduled opening day. Usually the project manager takes these risks into account and will schedule the project accordingly. Either he didn't do his job right or there's a bigger problem than you think.

Just as you say they have for sure been counting with some troubles during testing of this ride, as it is a prototype.

But remember that the whole Project have been behind Schedule since very early in the process, and that may also have something to do with the delay.

We won't know for sure until the park relases anything about it though.

The comments on YouTube indicated that the cylinder releasing is an intentional safety feature, so the problem may not be as bad as it looks.

This is correct, such a designed as used on the Tower would never be built without an emergency release.

^ Ok thanks for clarification. I never heard talk about your legs being strapped down like Manta and I was wondering well looks like my legs will be hangin'

So your legs won't be strapped down like in Manta,I seriously hope so,having my legs strapped down is one feeling I totally dislike. I've been close to having a panic attack a couple of times on Manta when the ride gets delayed a bit before or after the ride.It has nothing to do with the ride as I'll ride anything out there,its just the having my legs in that locked position that messes with my mind.I'll ride Manta like once or twice at most but I know I'm risking dealing with an extended delay that'll have me freak out and show up on the news.Kraken on the other hand I could ride that all day every day.

I was kind of thinking the video just replayed the same drop with different levels of zoom. But if they really dropped 3x+ like that then you guys are probably right about testing a safety feature.

I'd expect a few hipccups with a prototype like this. That seat maneuvering feature has got to be complex from an engineering standpoint. And the level of tilt far exceeded my expectations. It looks s**t-your-pants awesome!

Wonder if the seatsare supposed to snap back that quick... Maybe the broken cylinder was caused by them tilting too quick?

Wonder if the seatsare supposed to snap back that quick... Maybe the broken cylinder was caused by them tilting too quick?

Seats are supposed to start tilting back in the pre-brake section making it a smooth transition. Right now, the seats are tilting back in the actual braking section.