Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

P. 1207: $5.5 million in investments planned for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Re: Holiday World (HW) Discussion Thread

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:16 am

Can anybody look at the webcams? You should be able to see the ride clearly from the water park cam. I would do it myself, but they won't pull up on my computer. The only way I can see them not saying anything is if it has something to do with next years announcement.

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:17 am

ZeroGravity55 wrote:Can anybody look at the webcams? You should be able to see the ride clearly from the water park cam. I would do it myself, but they won't pull up on my computer. The only way I can see them not saying anything is if it has something to do with next years announcement.

It could be the Son Of Beast of Holiday World. Removed for a better ride, even though HW has a TON of room for expansion.
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby ZeroGravity55 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:59 am

http://www.holidayworld.com/rides/giraffica/

If you look at the ride on the website, there is this thing that says find it on the map and shows the empty station in the picture.

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:05 pm

Well, it sure is weird. But, I know it wasn't a mistake.

I guess we have to wait to find out.
:p Unless Raven Maven has any info on this that she can tell us.
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby andybarnes84 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:59 am

mikeykaise wrote:Andy,

You have to join the Holiwood Nights page on FB, Paula posted it there. Here's the link to the HW Nights group page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/325861871036/

That's fantastic thanks for the link!

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby cwsr » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:34 pm

It would really be cool if they transformed Giraffica into a ride similar to DiVertical in Italy.

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:58 pm

http://www.holidayworld.com/holiblog/2014/04/17/wisdom-sir-isaac/

Sir Isaac Newton said it first: “What goes up must come down.”

Centuries later, Blood, Sweat & Tears set the phrase to music.

Whether you prefer physics or ’60s pop-culture references, it’s time for us to let you know that Giraffica, the ride formerly known as Pilgrims Plunge, is no more. The tower is being removed this week.

If you’re one of our super-fans, you’re probably not surprised. You’ve noticed the ride has not been open as often as we all would have liked. We sincerely apologize for the disappointment.

In researching the story of the Mayflower, we learned that there was originally a second ship filled with Pilgrims. It was called the Speedwell. In 1620, the two ships set sail for the New World but they were forced to turn back. It seems Speedwell was simply not up to the voyage that was to come.

And so the Pilgrims from both ships set sail that September on board the Mayflower, heading toward freedom. They took along what they could from Speedwell, but were forced to leave behind that which could no longer serve them well.

Sir Isaac also said, “for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.” This action we just took? It isn’t the end of our Thanksgiving feast.

We hope you’ll join us this season as the Mayflower sails merrily in our Thanksgiving section. And like the good sailors on board the original ship, be sure to keep a steady watch on the horizon.

Honestly not going to miss it one iota. Empty concrete pad might be a better attraction.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:37 pm.

This button makes my penis erect.

Postby DJeXeL » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:33 pm

Anyone know the reasons behind the frequent closures? I'm assuming it was mostly closed due lift/elevator issues.
- Insane In The Lift Chain -

"You shut your mouth when you talk to me"

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby mikeykaise » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:37 pm

Well we all kind of figured this was the case. I liked the ride but really the ride around to the elevator was kind of dull. I have a felling they'll fill the space with waterslides next year.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:40 pm

The big drop was fun, and the ride up the elevator lift was a bit unnerving. It's the sort of ride system that begs for some sort of dark-ride section before you reach the lift (perhaps a "storm").

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!