TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: Chimelong Ocean Kingdom With FOTR POV!

Personally I prefer back to front for this wing coaster.

This is my first time riding a B&M wing coaster so I can't compare it to GK, WE,etc.

At least it's much better than Dinoconda at Changzhou to me.

I love the first drop and the following 3 elements. However the inline twist was really annoying.

It's a relatively violent B&M, in my opinion. I think TPRs may find their memories of Starry Sky Ripper on this coaster.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a dinner at Guangzhou's Chimelong hotel and they were showing a model of Hengqin's Bay Hotel. Chimelong Paradise added night lights to light up their coasters but I can see the park is not as popular as it used to be. ADD ANOTHER COASTER!

P.S. I think the next iPhone need to improve the night time pictures quality.

image.thumb.jpg.84ec2eaa79e2aaabbf4b3fcf8b8a063c.jpg

The hotel is built in an artificial hill with parking space inside.

image.thumb.jpg.31ebbd88bf5b08d10fd39ef7dc4415aa.jpg

Seems like they are trying to make it look like MF, but a crappy coaster cannot turn to a great coaster just because of the lights.

image.thumb.jpg.8670c28db38095020033c4d70ce109c3.jpg

Another color.

• 2 weeks later...
^ I go to HongKong frequently, shouldn't be a hard thing to get the Visa. Let the Lunar New Year tourism tidal wave pass and you can enjoy a not-that-packed park. Plus, Walrus Splash and Polar Explorer will open on March 1st.

Thanks so much for the info, was going to go the weekend before the 1st but will wait until the 2nd of March.

I'm truly sorry for the wrong information. The park's schedule must have changed and delayed the opening of the two Mack coasters further.

• 3 weeks later...
Wait...what was wrong with Flying Over the Rainforest?!

Yeah, I mean, it definitely sounds much better than Parrot Coaster.

Just heard from the park that Flying Over The Rainforest's name is officially changed to Parrot Coaster...

Chimelong please hire someone who can give a proper name! It sounds "fine" in English but really pathetic in Chinese! Wild Parrot is much better!

Think that it doesn't really sound "fine" in English, just crappy so I can only imagine how it must sound in Chinese.

• 4 weeks later...

Don't have another thread to post these photos so...

Polar Explorer just added fog machine. Looks amazing! They run 10 cars on this without stacking which is REALLY rare for a Chinese park. FOTR runs two trains without stacking, Walrus Splash runs six trains without stacking. And I heard from the park that the water on EVERY water related rides are changed continuously. Chimelong bought the world's best water purification equipment from (I think) White Water.

Chimelong didn't disappoint on this park. Last Saturday the attendance was around 56,000 and the income that day was around $13 million. Wonder if Kings Island had more attendance and income that day. I assume Ocean Kingdom could break the record of Magic Kingdom on annual visitor attendance? We'll see.

image.jpg.58054ce38aa773bd620619dc87362d66.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.ba813cfbcc8942b397b95aece6de6740.jpg

Don't have another thread to post these photos so...

Polar Explorer just added fog machine. Looks amazing! They run 10 cars on this without stacking which is REALLY rare for a Chinese park. FOTR runs two trains without stacking, Walrus Splash runs six trains without stacking. And I heard from the park that the water on EVERY water related rides are changed continuously. Chimelong bought the world's best water purification equipment from (I think) White Water.

Chimelong didn't disappoint on this park. Last Saturday the attendance was around 56,000 and the income that day was around $13 million. Wonder if Kings Island had more attendance and income that day. I assume Ocean Kingdom could break the record of Magic Kingdom on annual visitor attendance? We'll see.

Wow, are you serious about that? I'm curious because they'd have to put up numbers like that almost every day of the year to beat MK's attendance, which averages 45K/day and pretty much blows every other park out of the water (only Disneyland Ananheim and the Tokyo Disney parks come close). Is there something about this park that blows away every other park in China(?) because no existing park in China has ever come close to MK. The closest are Ocean Park and HK Disneyland, which don't match MK even with combined attendance. The only park in China proper with top 25 numbers is Happy Valley Shenzhen, but it's a fraction of MK, behind by approx. 13mm in attendance. I'm intrigued by your point because I realize how massive China's population is.

^ the price of one day admission has raised to approximately $61, which is way too much for at least half of the Chinese population. I doubt their annual visitor attendance can compete with MK but from my visit during Lunar New Year vacation and the insane number of visitors last Saturday, seems like they are ready to break the single day record of MK this summer. For a Tuesday, the park is still pretty busy today with 30-45mins wait on most rides. Visitor attendance was around 18,000 today.

Just seen the POV of Walrus Splash. Very impressive theming during the gentle first half with the rockwork and I assume the enclosure you ride past will contain live walrus's? (or is that walri? ).

Not terribly surprised about the coasters name being changed to Parrot Coaster as Chimelong's names for their coasters were not terribly inventive. But yes Flying over the Rainforest was a fine name for it.

Looks great, can't wait to go back and try the rides when they are open. If it's that popular now I am very glad I went on a slow day and managed to get on FotR so many times with no lines. So glad to hear of a theme park in this region actually operating a second train! The queue looks great on Polar Express. I'm happy to see more photos from this park!