Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 100: Zootopia themed land coming to Shanghai Disneyland!
Users viewing this topic: Exabot [Bot] and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Gimme Some Candy!

Re: Shanghai Disneyland Discussion Thread

Postby coasterfreak101 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:56 pm

gerstlaueringvar wrote:That's a bad news! I hate all Pepsi products except for Mtn. Dew and Dr. Pepper.

Dr. Pepper actually distributes about 40% of their product themselves, with 30% more coming from Coke and the last 30% from Pepsi in a distribution deal. That's why you'll see it at Coke and Pepsi places with soda machines (though sometimes they'll replace it with Mr. Pibb and whatnot).

In conclusion: We could've had Coke and Dr. Pepper.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:00 pm

If given the choice, I would drink Dr.Pepper over Coke, any old day.
I just like it better than Coke. :)
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:48 pm

It's too bad about Pepsi going to the park. I agree that they probably had to give up virtually everything for that deal.

I own the website www.donkey.com

Postby linearinduction » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:53 pm

Considering how much Coke Gives Away to win Contracts, I'd love to see what exactly PepsiCo and their Chinese Partner gave away!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:29 pm

Their souls?

Just a suggestion.

<smiles>

Delicious & Refreshing

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:44 pm

https://thewaltdisneycompany.com/blog/shanghai-disneylands-treasure-cove-unveiled

On this day in 1967, Pirates of the Caribbean debuted at Disneyland in Anaheim. Nearly 50 years later, as part of The Walt Disney Company Annual Meeting of Shareholders, Disney Chairman and CEO Bob Iger unveiled creative details including the first-ever Pirates-themed land and a new Pirates of the Caribbean attraction designed for the Shanghai Disney Resort.

“Pirates of the Caribbean is one of the most iconic attractions in our parks, and we really couldn’t imagine Shanghai Disneyland without Pirates,” Bob said. “We wanted to create a one-of-a-kind experience that would appeal to our Chinese guests while remaining true to its Disney heritage.”

For the first time ever, a Disney Park will be home to a Pirates-themed land—Treasure Cove—and an e-ticket attraction called Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle of the Sunken Treasure. The attraction will feature a combination of new technology and innovation to bring guests along a pirate adventure with Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Davy Jones, providing our guests who visit the Shanghai Disneyland Park an experience unlike anything else in the world.

“We are extremely proud of all the work underway to bring the Shanghai Disney Resort to life,” Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Tom Staggs said. "And we’re excited to re-imagine the iconic world and characters of Pirates for the first time as an entire land that celebrates the creativity, imagination and adventure of both the fan favorite attraction and the popular film franchise.”

The announcement coincides with the completion of key structural work on the Pirates attraction, and marks another exciting milestone in the resort development. Progress continues with construction and Shanghai Disney Resort remains on target to open by the end of 2015.

image.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/03/shanghai-disneylands-treasure-cove-unveiled/

On this day in 1967, Pirates of the Caribbean debuted at Disneyland in Anaheim. Nearly 50 years later, as part of The Walt Disney Company Annual Meeting of Shareholders, Disney chairman and CEO Bob Iger unveiled creative details including the first-ever Pirates-themed land and a new Pirates of the Caribbean attraction designed for the Shanghai Disney Resort. We wanted you to be among the first to have all the details.

“Pirates of the Caribbean is one of the most iconic attractions in our parks, and we really couldn’t imagine Shanghai Disneyland without Pirates,” said Bob Iger, Disney chairman and CEO. “We wanted to create a one-of-a-kind experience that would appeal to our Chinese guests while remaining true to its Disney heritage.”
For the first time ever, a Disney Park will be home to a Pirates-themed land—Treasure Cove—and an e-ticket attraction called Pirates of the Caribbean: Battle of the Sunken Treasure. The attraction will feature a combination of new technology and innovation to bring guests along a pirate adventure with Captain Jack Sparrow and Captain Davy Jones, providing our guests who visit the Shanghai Disneyland Park an experience unlike anything else in the world.
“We are extremely proud of all the work underway to bring the Shanghai Disney Resort to life,” said Tom Staggs, Chairman of Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. “And we’re excited to re-imagine the iconic world and characters of Pirates for the first time as an entire land that celebrates the creativity, imagination and adventure of both the fan favorite attraction and the popular film franchise.”

The announcement coincides with the completion of key structural work on the Pirates attraction, and marks another exciting milestone in the resort development. Progress continues with construction and Shanghai Disney Resort remains on target to open by the end of 2015.
image.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:26 pm.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:52 pm

There was a patent Disney applied for, and got (I assume?), and it looks
vaguely what a "new version" of POTC could run like.
Resize of PoTC-maybe.jpg
A patent for a "possible" POTC continuous (OMNImover) ride system....maybe? We'll find out, late next year.

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:57 pm

The entire Pirates land should look awesome! The theming and surrounding area for Pirates in Paris made it easily my favorite of the three I've ridden so far - great to see it expanded even farther!
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:02 pm

Arr! The concept art be impressive, sez I.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:11 pm

Nrthwnd wrote:There was a patent Disney applied for, and got (I assume?), and it looks
vaguely what a "new version" of POTC could run like.

I think what is going to be built will actually use this patent:

Google Patents

US08091483-20120110-D00003.png

You would need to look at all the images associated with this patent to really understand it, but with this system, that boat is going to do some really cool things.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!