Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Delicious & Refreshing

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:35 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/03/first-look-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-logo-unveiled/

Check out the lovely piece of artwork that our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering just shared with us – it’s the first look at the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train logo.

7_dwarfs_logo-1.jpg

Can you name each of the Seven Dwarfs in order from left to right on your first try? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/03/anna-and-elsa-from-frozen-heading-to-magic-kingdom-park/

We’re excited to share that Anna and Elsa, from Disney’s Academy Award-winning film “Frozen,” will soon move from Epcot to Magic Kingdom Park. Starting April 20, they’ll join some of their fellow Disney Royals at Princess Fairytale Hall, where Disney FastPass+ service will be available for this character greeting experience.

AAE7331290.jpg

Elsa and Anna will appear together each day until the early evening, after which other visiting Disney Princesses will be available to greet guests. Cinderella and Rapunzel will also continue making appearances at Princess Fairytale Hall, and of course, you can see all these favorite characters and more during daily performances of the new “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade!”
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby kyleparks77 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:09 am

During our trip last week while relaxing on the People Mover, we were able to see space mountain with the lights on. I was only able to get my camera out in time to snap one picture but it was something I've been wanting to see for a long time
IMG_0175.JPG
Space Mountain with the lights on
Top 8 (no order) - Thunderbird, The Voyage, Diamondback, The Raven, Kumba, Montu, SheiKra, Goliath (SFOG)

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby Taylor Finn » Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:48 pm

I am not posting to start a war for or against the new fast pass system. I think it is a great idea, but I just wanted to get the opinion of others. While in line for Peter Pan, we approached the cast member letting standby guests in, and for every 30+ fast pass people, they let like 4 or 5 standby in. This was the case for all the rides (most noticeably Buzz Lightyear), and the lines moved exceptionally slow, despite fast operations.

My theory is that there are simply more people taking advantage of the fast pass system, so they are distributing more of them for each 5 minute interval. Can anyone comment on this theory? I've been to Disney a bunch in my life and always loved the system because it never seemed to drastically affect the standby line, but yesterday I was actually really frustrated by it, even though we did use it for 3 rides.

Have other people experienced this?

Ignore this post, I'm probably drunk

Postby Vtafro » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:05 pm

Any talk of when the seven dwarfs mine train coaster is going to soft open? :mickey:

Vagina Wreckage

Postby Barge84 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:22 pm

^ Shouldn't be much longer. I'm pretty sure the opening date is around May 1st. I'm hoping I get to ride it when I'm down there the last week of April!

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby 99er » Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:56 pm

kyleparks77 wrote: I would say the silver look was chosen to enhance the "Celebrate the Magic" projection as well.

The silver was just a primer as the Castle is back to being blue again. The crane is now gone and the JLG lifts should be going away soon.
-Chris

Remember, if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
YouTube | Twitter | Instagram

Did my donkey title just change???

Postby timfreeman » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:45 am

Welcome to spring break. :)
image.jpg

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby kyleparks77 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:47 pm

99er wrote:
kyleparks77 wrote: I would say the silver look was chosen to enhance the "Celebrate the Magic" projection as well.

The silver was just a primer as the Castle is back to being blue again. The crane is now gone and the JLG lifts should be going away soon.

Well, I apologize. I was misinformed :oops:
Top 8 (no order) - Thunderbird, The Voyage, Diamondback, The Raven, Kumba, Montu, SheiKra, Goliath (SFOG)

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:38 pm

timfreeman wrote:Welcome to spring break. :)

Note to self: Dates to remember, NOT to come to WDW.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:57 pm

If I'm seeing that right, that queue is flooding out of the FastPass+ Return entrance. Yikes!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!