TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Discovery Kingdom (SFDK) Discussion Thread

Are all Rides, shops, and restaurants open during this new operating schedule? I know Superman was closed for maintenance, but I just mean in general...

Yes, the park is open just like normal. Some rides might be closed or have limited operation due to "off season" maintenance. But, other than that, the park is fully open.

• 1 month later...
As long as the donut and crepe place is over, I'm happy.

Last time I was there, I think it was like the Saturday before last, the crepe place was closed. Superman was open, but V2 was closed for maintenance. Medusa was PMSing majorly around closing time and we didn't get to ride it.

EDIT: Major bump. Anyone been to the park recently?

As long as the donut and crepe place is over, I'm happy.

Last time I was there, I think it was like the Saturday before last, the crepe place was closed. Superman was open, but V2 was closed for maintenance. Medusa was PMSing majorly around closing time and we didn't get to ride it.

EDIT: Major bump. Anyone been to the park recently?

I was there last Sunday. V2 was back up and running. Roar was running one train (as usual). Medusa was one train operation in the morning, but had the second train running by 12:30. Superman was more efficient, as almost nobody was pulling down on the lap bars. It was rainy in the morning, so low crowds. I got 3 rides on Superman without getting out of my seat (row six, of course), due to nobody wanting to ride in the rain (wimps!). 20 laps on various rides by 4pm (with a 45 minute break to eat at my car). I'll try to get over there a couple of more times before April, when the crowds begin descending upon the park.

Went to the park yesterday 3/8 for the 1st time in over a year. Got there around 12 and went straight to get my gold "membership" processed. When I got to the season pass processing center it looked like a short line. Ended up taking me at least 45 min due to only 2 employees working. After finally getting my pass they told me the coupons are now attached to your card so no more having to carry around that coupon booklet which I thought was a well overdue addition.

From there I went to Superman. I was hearing all the negative feedback about the seat belts effecting the wait times and wanted to see for myself. The reviews were right. Took what easily could of been a 15 min wait tops to at least 30. Other than that I didn't notice a difference in terms of the ride experience with the seat belt. Still my favorite ride in the park slightly beating out Medusa. Speaking of which I decided to take a stroll over to that side and see how bad that line was. Medusa had little to no wait as you moved to the back of the train. Only significant wait was for the front. I of course went for the back row for the amazing air time!

After that I pretty much just walked around the "land" side of the park. I always loved that back corner of the park where the lions and tigers and giraffes are. Just wish I could of made it back there at opening. It's so peaceful and quite before all the people get back there.

Overall it was a short but fun visit! The BIG surprise of my visit was that Roar is getting re-tracked! From what I could see at least the 1st drop and possibly some of the 2nd hill will have new wood! It looks so weird to see Roar with no 1st drop. Anyway on to some pics! Sorry if the photo's are too big or don't meet the requirements. 1st time uploading from my ipad.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394363896.214294.jpg.3b180fddd67fc4a47048d3b034161a0d.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394363930.288343.jpg.9643d44b6849b966d75010cb83e8b9fb.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394363941.455619.jpg.24207f760a4b3fc1fcf1b02e034b289e.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394363960.423916.jpg.d7fbb123f82623568c609aadd8b54435.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394363974.298042.jpg.9d07e4ac5485f08fbe7bc66178b7b3ae.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394363983.985079.jpg.841ed78cfc21cf311fa3433358198e8d.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394363998.607526.jpg.ca76497fe3b5d5499e901edd10096a2c.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394364012.246596.jpg.4c3154dac463d7042274ee880030a093.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394364021.818682.jpg.7c4076421248a53f4a846e7e9a257d0b.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1394364029.654187.jpg.521c1d05dc74f2ad83d1ba63460aed49.jpg

Roar + Retracking = It's about damn time! I'm glad to see that's happening. I actually enjoy Roar, it's just so rough. The first drop and subsequent ascent are the worst offenders, so it's good to see Six Flags targeting those spots. I hope that it makes a significant improvement. Even if it doesn't, some improvement is better than none. Thanks for the update, thrillgeek.

OMG, yes!! When I rode Roar about a month ago in the middle, the bottom of the first drop and the next hill were so freaking bad. It hurt so much and I'm usually very tolerant of rough rides. I'm the one who insists on riding Kong every time I visit, but that ride on Roar seriously was not fun. It's so good they're doing some retracking! Hopefully it'll come back to a more tolerable level, and maybe I can start riding it in the back again (fingers crossed!)

I'm probably going to go next weekend, maybe they'll have more completed and I can snap some pics?

Did you see the baby dolphin?!?! She's sooooo cute!!!

Very cool! Didn't do this last year as well?

I'm remember them saying they were going to do it last year, but every time I went to the park it was spinning forwards

Ah, OK. Pretty cool experience nonetheless.

Very cool! Didn't they do this last year as well?

I didn't ride it, but I remember seeing it run backwards at least once during Fright Fest.

I'll have to try it though. I'm having to postpone my visit due to sickness, but I'll make it some time during that time frame.

Now if Batman backwards really is more tame, then would Kong backwards be less rough? Hmm...

Now if Batman backwards really is more tame, then would Kong backwards be less rough? Hmm...

I seriously think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't mind Kong at all.

I don't mind Kong that much either, though it is my second least favorite coaster at SFDK.

Well, I won't be going out of my way for Backwards SkyScreamer. Actually, I keep feeling like it would be a little nauseating--I've never had any problem with a backwards ride, but my mind is just going that way for some reason.

I have to admit I'm your typical enthusiast who doesn't care for SLCs, but it's not an all-consuming hatred.