TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

• 9 months later...

So its official, the Koch family has left Holiday World and is taking over Visionland as their new home park. This is too crazy to make up, and it is 100% real. A new kiddie coaster is on the way in this year as well. Check out the official website for more info.

Splash Adventure WaterPark purchased by the Koch family

Birmingham, AL -The Koch family has acquired Alabama's Splash Adventure Waterpark and will re-open the park for the 2014 summer season. Dan Koch, who led the acquisition, is bringing his family's seven decades of experience in the amusement and water park industry to his new home in Alabama.

“I am thrilled to be living and working in this community,” said Dan Koch. “Our family wants Alabama’s Splash Adventure Waterpark to be the number one choice for family fun and family memories for generations to come.”

Koch Parks, Inc. has purchased the water park with 89 acres of land, which will aid in future expansion. General Attractions, LLC, the park’s previous owner, will retain 150 acres surrounding the park for future development.

Kent Lemasters, President of General Attractions, LLC said, "We are pleased that the Koch family are the new owners of Splash Adventure. We feel very confident that because of their very high reputation and experience of over 75 years in the amusement park industry, that they will continue to take the park forward to new, high levels of achievement for the benefit of the entire area including those who visit the park and the surrounding communities and we wish them every success."

The Koch family has a reputation for superior customer service and will operate the park with a special focus on providing safe, family fun for all ages. New attractions include five new rides for kids including a Wacky Worm Coaster, Rio Grande Train, Junior Bumper Boats, Mini Helicopters, and Vintage Boats. A new Laser Maze Challenge will also be added for heart-pounding family fun as well as games to entertain the younger family members. All guests will enjoy free parking, free sunscreen, free access to inner tubes and free in-park WiFi. Additional expansion plans for Alabama’s Splash Adventure Waterpark are currently being developed. The park will re-open for weekend operations beginning May 17th.

A job fair will be held on March 22 from 8:30am until 4:00pm to hire new Splash Team Members to join the Koch Parks family.

Alabama’s Splash Adventure Waterpark, now owned and operated by the Koch family, is located on the 20/59 at exit 110 just minutes from Birmingham and Hoover. For more information on tickets, season passes, birthday parties, and group outings, call 205.481-4750 or visit http://www.alabamasplash.com

Edited by robbalvey

Interesting to see the Koch family pick up this place. I don't know much about Alabama Adventure, but I do wonder if the plan is to focus on the waterpark only (they do have the experience there with Splashin' Safari), or to revitalize and reopen the dry park as well. Rampage is still SBNO down there, right? Wonder if there'd be any chance of them reopening that?

EDIT: ^ Answered my one qurestion, that Rampage is still there......hmmmm......

Crazy, how the park will already have many of the same freebies. I'm sure they will focus on the waterpark but it be cool to see the ride side open. Alabama needs this.

Koch Family Parks, led by Dan Koch, purchased Alabama’s Splash Adventure Waterpark in March 2014 and plans to make it the number one entertainment value for families in Alabama. The Koch family will operate the park and has plans to invest in the park’s growth each year.

^ I bet they build a bigger Voyage.

Edited by Mrlittle

So let's sum things up.

Will passes away, wife sues family over the valuation of Holiday World and wins which then leaves the bloodline Koch family, who built the park from the ground up, out in the cold.

Pat, Dan, and Sis buy Alabama Adventures with the dream of building it up in a similar fashion as Holiday World with free pepsi, tubes, parking, and sun screen.

Wow, amazing what a family feud will do.

Edited by chadster

So let's sum things up.

Will passes away, wife sues family over valuation of Holiday World and wins, then leaves the bloodline Koch family, who built the park from the ground up, out in the cold.

Pat, Dan, and Sis buy Alabama Adventures with the dream of building it up in a similar fashion as Holiday World with free pepsi, tubes, parking, and sun screen.

Hmm... that sounds like a pretty fair summarization. I guess in a way, it would make sense that if your blood family, that spent decades building something up, lost all control to a relative by "marriage" that could seriously create a huge amount of family drama.

It will be VERY interesting to follow this all as it unfolds.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

So let's sum things up.

Will passes away, wife sues family over valuation of the park and wins, then leaves the bloodline Koch family, who built the park from the ground up, out in the cold.

^ This pretty much sums it up. So yes, two separate families now, and the bloodline family is out of HW. The rides section will be back eventually, but this year the kiddie rides will only be in the Main Street area.

I wouldn't be surprised if for the 2015 season we see a new water slide/attraction for the water park, a full reopen of the dry side of the park, and possibly a small to medium sized new roller coaster. Hard to say for sure though. Well see how things go. But early on my guess is they will heavily invest to bring in more attention to the park. I'm actually very excited about this!

This IS interesting! I wonder what they can do. If I were to guess, they will probably build a wooden roller coaster and improve the water park. That's just a guess; I have no idea.

WOW! Great For Alabama! I don't know what to say about HW. Hopefully the bloodline Koch's and the Koch-by-marriage can find the Coaster-Jesus and sort things out and consolidate these two separate ventures into one. Either way, I am happy that Pat, Dan, and Sis are continuing on with their passion and didn't let the legal situation stop them from moving forward.