TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

My only criticism would be that I want more Frozen. But the limited amount could be because this was probably in development well before they knew how big a success Frozen would be. Otherwise it looks like a great parade! Maleficent is just amazing. Disney World now has a better dragon than Disneyland, haha.

My only criticism would be that I want more Frozen. But the limited amount could be because this was probably in development well before they knew how big a success Frozen would be.

This is exactly what happened. From what I understand they stripped out whatever was there previously and only started working on the Frozen bit a few weeks or so ago.

I'm sure next parade you'll see a full Frozen float instead of Tangled!

(not that there is anything wrong with Tangled.)

^ They'll probably throw the more Frozen-centric one over to Disneyland (just because they seem to alternate these style new parades between DL and MK) and all the DLR fanboys will use it as an argument that WDW is just cheap and wouldn't invest the funds into theirs like DLR does.

What, no Lone Ranger float?

The parade looks seriously great, I'm not a huge Brave fan but that bagpipes float is pretty cool. The Peter Pan segment is great too, but the real highlight has to be Maleficent - just stunning!

ROLLER COASTER!!! (Does this count as a credit?)

I'm not seeing a lift hill, which means it would have to be powered... so no, I wouldn't count it. But others might...

I just spent my first full day at magic kingdom yesterday (Monday). All I have to say is HOLY CRAP is this place cool. It's a little crowded, but fast pass makes it a lot better . We're going back to Magic Kingdom today because we couldn't possibly hit it all on one day. The one thing that really blew my mind was the extent of the transportation system. I parked, went through the ticket area and expected to enter an amusement park. Nope. A freaking railway station! Disney wins the award for both most ridiculous and most awesome way to enter a theme park!

You know after watching the parade video. I must say, I am not big on parades but I do remember always enjoying SpectroMagic. I wish it was still around. Don't get me wrong, Main Street Electrical parade is great and I understand its a classic. But there was just something about Spectro that Main Street doesn't have. Of course, this could of just been because it was my first parade to see at the WDW resort.

Maybe it's got to do with "Frozen"s around-the-world success?

I dunno, an iced-over castle in the...spring?

The 50th of the resort isn't until 2021, yes? no?

Probably primer, as noted above.

Anyone know why the castle is getting painted silver today...?

I'm sorry in advance if this has been previously discussed elsewhere!

I was there this week and asked several employees and they all said its just the new look they're going with. Cranes and sky jacks were up from 12am to 12pm everyday as they were replacing tiles and painting on the silver. This is another reason for having the moat drained, the cranes were sitting in it. I would say the silver look was chosen to enhance the "Celebrate the Magic" projection as well.

As we were leaving Friday we noticed that the Dream Builders fences have been put up around all the grassy areas on the half of the central plaza closest to Main Street so we'll see work begin on that very soon. Not very pleasing to the eye at the moment but It'll be a welcome enhancement to crowd control when it's finished.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/03/first-look-seven-dwarfs-mine-train-logo-unveiled/

Check out the lovely piece of artwork that our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering just shared with us – it’s the first look at the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Train logo.

7_dwarfs_logo-1.jpg.16b0c6194a060562492ac86bc6857634.jpg

Can you name each of the Seven Dwarfs in order from left to right on your first try? Tell us in the “Comments” section below.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/03/anna-and-elsa-from-frozen-heading-to-magic-kingdom-park/

We’re excited to share that Anna and Elsa, from Disney’s Academy Award-winning film “Frozen,” will soon move from Epcot to Magic Kingdom Park. Starting April 20, they’ll join some of their fellow Disney Royals at Princess Fairytale Hall, where Disney FastPass+ service will be available for this character greeting experience.

AAE7331290.jpg.f53790a107c2b5a25e22af0b4d9bc1e6.jpg

Elsa and Anna will appear together each day until the early evening, after which other visiting Disney Princesses will be available to greet guests. Cinderella and Rapunzel will also continue making appearances at Princess Fairytale Hall, and of course, you can see all these favorite characters and more during daily performances of the new “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade!”

During our trip last week while relaxing on the People Mover, we were able to see space mountain with the lights on. I was only able to get my camera out in time to snap one picture but it was something I've been wanting to see for a long time

IMG_0175.thumb.JPG.078f29f402c40e0f66577cc9e4966f7f.JPG

Space Mountain with the lights on

I am not posting to start a war for or against the new fast pass system. I think it is a great idea, but I just wanted to get the opinion of others. While in line for Peter Pan, we approached the cast member letting standby guests in, and for every 30+ fast pass people, they let like 4 or 5 standby in. This was the case for all the rides (most noticeably Buzz Lightyear), and the lines moved exceptionally slow, despite fast operations.

My theory is that there are simply more people taking advantage of the fast pass system, so they are distributing more of them for each 5 minute interval. Can anyone comment on this theory? I've been to Disney a bunch in my life and always loved the system because it never seemed to drastically affect the standby line, but yesterday I was actually really frustrated by it, even though we did use it for 3 rides.

Have other people experienced this?

I would say the silver look was chosen to enhance the "Celebrate the Magic" projection as well.

The silver was just a primer as the Castle is back to being blue again. The crane is now gone and the JLG lifts should be going away soon.

I would say the silver look was chosen to enhance the "Celebrate the Magic" projection as well.

The silver was just a primer as the Castle is back to being blue again. The crane is now gone and the JLG lifts should be going away soon.

Well, I apologize. I was misinformed