TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

This is GREAT news! Going to really open up that whole area and help with crowding issues around parade and fireworks times. And even though they are taking away some of the green areas, I think that real estate is way to valuable to not be functional. And I think some people won't even notice that they have done this, yet will find themselves having more room during shows. HUGE IMPROVEMENT, IMO!

Rock Your Disney Side: 24-Hour Event at Magic Kingdom & Disneyland

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/24-hour-event/

Experience Disney magic during an unforgettable 24-hour party taking place within the theme parks—from coast to coast.

Laugh bigger, scream louder and stay out all day and night at an enchanting summer kick-off celebration! No matter which coast you find yourself on, prepare to "Rock Your Disney Side" with a gang of pirates, princesses, villains and party animals, right inside select Disney Parks!

From 6:00 AM to 6:00 AM, May 23 to May 24, 2014, you and your family are invited to dress up for the occasion and join a gathering of Disney heroes and villains for 24 hours of fun and follies—along with a selection of beloved attractions, popular shows and classic entertainment only Disney can bring to life.

Whether you make your way to the Theme Parks of Disneyland Resort in California or find yourself at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, you're sure to enjoy a memory-making day and night that will go down in history as "wicked fun for everyone."

So come as a prince, princess or pirate; a monster, a mermaid or even a Mad Hatter—whatever rocks your Disney Side!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/24-hour-event/

I would love it if that outer ring is used for Guest Control routes while the inner ring and everything inside is for unobstructed parade/fireworks viewing. That would be great.

Wonder if there will be areas for people who made FP+ reservations to view a parade or fireworks in that area, and where will they be?

I would love it if that outer ring is used for Guest Control routes while the inner ring and everything inside is for unobstructed parade/fireworks viewing. That would be great.

That is exactly what they do at Tokyo Disneyland and this new hub is very reminiscent of Tokyo's so I'd have to think that's at least the "plan."

I personally *LOVE* this!!! I always thought that while the hub looked nice with all the gardens and water, that was a lot of real estate that was wasted. And this is a nice combination of the two.

The new design still looks fantastic and lush, while at the same time still being practical. I'm assuming when it's all done, after a couple of years most people won't even notice. Kind of like no one today really notices or remembers from before Disneyland opened up the whole New Orleans in the 90s. People complained about it when they did that, but it still looked amazing and it was waaaaay more practical!

^Exactly. Before Disney added that bridge and reconfigured the queue in front Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland, that spot was was a really bad bottleneck--particularly during Fantasmic. The plan for the Magic Kingdom seems a logical step.

That is exactly what they do at Tokyo Disneyland and this new hub is very reminiscent of Tokyo's so I'd have to think that's at least the "plan."

I personally *LOVE* this!!! I always thought that while the hub looked nice with all the gardens and water, that was a lot of real estate that was wasted. And this is a nice combination of the two.

The new design still looks fantastic and lush, while at the same time still being practical. I'm assuming when it's all done, after a couple of years most people won't even notice. Kind of like no one today really notices or remembers from before Disneyland opened up the whole New Orleans in the 90s. People complained about it when they did that, but it still looked amazing and it was waaaaay more practical!

I always loved how massive and open Tokyo's hub is. Glad to see them doing something similar in Florida!

Today was the premiere of the new "Festival of Fantasy" parade at Magic Kingdom! The parade was very high energy, featured some amazing looking floats filled with old and new Disney "Classics" and many familiar faces. We chose to watch the parade from our personal favorite parade viewing area in Frontierland and had a great time!

Take a look at some photos and video below including a clip with Anna, Elsa, and Olaf from Frozen!

Here's the clip with Frozen:

Here's is our "Entire Festival of Fantasy Parade in 60 Seconds!" - For people who have short attention spans! Enjoy!

And here's a video of the entire parade:

festival_of_Fantasy_01.thumb.jpg.ee903a29f76d53d50eacfb637aaf0d72.jpg

The parade opens up with the first float containing familiar faces from Disney "classics" such as Beauty & The Beast, Princess Frog, and of course....

festival_of_Fantasy_02.thumb.jpg.1df24c38a8246d43a0e653624735b1e9.jpg

Frozen! Say hello to my friend, Olaf!

festival_of_Fantasy_03.thumb.jpg.fc9b67131e6a7d2eb594fef348c33edf.jpg

You can certainly bet they got Anna & Elsa into this new show!

festival_of_Fantasy_04.thumb.jpg.eee81db9946290f1a5ca313cbb7bd9ae.jpg

And they looked like they were having a great time!

festival_of_Fantasy_05.thumb.jpg.9d1ddce43e467e9049fde90ec9f92387.jpg

lol! Love that Ulf leads the Tangled float!

festival_of_Fantasy_06.thumb.jpg.b4fe5e406c2dc69b8ba648bc39119d34.jpg

The floats were all "big" and over the top!

festival_of_Fantasy_07.thumb.jpg.9944f5ec3601dc8f4c03175ac50a4800.jpg

Ariel and lots of BUBBLES!!!

festival_of_Fantasy_08.thumb.jpg.485937e98ce131d1ca04161b61f722db.jpg

The Pirates float was amazing!

festival_of_Fantasy_09.thumb.jpg.edeb61b87348e867f278ad8efa8a73cc.jpg

And I'm sure it will be a HUGE hit on gay days! =)

festival_of_Fantasy_10.thumb.jpg.5ceef007ed1e0bc2be9bd9bfe4741fd4.jpg

Tinkerbell having a bit of fun with the crowd!

festival_of_Fantasy_11.thumb.jpg.838552707763eba281129f716a741d3d.jpg

Interesting that Merida was the only Pixar to be included. Kind of nice to see the focus back on Walt Disney's Animation studio.

festival_of_Fantasy_12.thumb.jpg.afb1aef86cef92a7007968974318be36.jpg

Maleficent stole the show! She even breathes fire!

festival_of_Fantasy_13.thumb.jpg.965a540c1fec0e2d4a4b05ff89120465.jpg

This Pinocchio section might be my personal favorite... why you ask? Because it includes a....

festival_of_Fantasy_14.thumb.jpg.bd072fba5e65c8f4e1271793097bf45a.jpg

ROLLER COASTER!!! =) (Does this count as a credit?)

festival_of_Fantasy_15.thumb.jpg.8c86303ab81c493b2b9988fd702e92f9.jpg

And no Disney parade would be complete without some ducks....

festival_of_Fantasy_16.thumb.jpg.d078108298676cd425cc5b48acfcfa9c.jpg

...and some rodents!

festival_of_Fantasy_17.thumb.jpg.c940ca3de233c91d890250d45337dc4f.jpg

Mickey & Minnie cap off the parade!

festival_of_Fantasy_18.thumb.jpg.bec604d884cd39e17be2a917c147f498.jpg

Thanks Mickey! The parade was fantastic and I'm sure it will be a HUGE success!!!

Thanks to Jack Crouse for some AWESOME photos!

Edited by robbalvey