Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

P. 1066: Finnegan's Flyer POV video
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 19 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Busch Gardens Williamsburg (BGW BGE) Discussion Thread

Postby jray21 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:55 pm

Jerk chicken is one of those things that has to be made right or it gets bad real quick. That being said, if any park can pull it off it's BGW!
Last edited by jray21 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:55 pm.

Postby coasterbill » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:53 am

cfc wrote:
Hercules wrote:I find Griffon to be so controlled, for lack of a better word. There is no wild and crazy factor to it.

I think that's the problem with later B&M coasters in general. I enjoy rides like Griffon and Apollo's Chariot, but they just don't have the same thrill factor as, say, Intamin or RMC coasters.

But this does make B&M an ideal ride manufacturer for parks, like BGW, that serve a family, as opposed to enthusiast, audience. Their rides tend to have wider appeal, and, as I said, they're usually quite good and B&M can still surprise you (Hair Raiser is a good example here).

I remember riding Apollo's Chariot back in 2001 when it didn't take much to impress me coaster-wise (Medusa at Great Adventure was in my top 10) and we all got off of that ride thinking it was one of the most boring coasters we've ever ridden. I liked Alpengeist but felt like it was pretty dull too. While I remember liking all of the other coasters at the park there was only one of them that really blew me away, and that was Big Bad Wolf.

Postby Vonni » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:30 am

I just saw a link on Facebook that said "Deadly Roller Coaster Accident" with a picture of Alpengeist and one of its cars flying off into the air. People are actually believing it is real. You have to be freaking kidding me! Ugh!

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:37 am

Vonni wrote:I just saw a link on Facebook that said "Deadly Roller Coaster Accident" with a picture of Alpengeist and one of its cars flying off into the air. People are actually believing it is real. You have to be freaking kidding me! Ugh!

I think it was mentioned a while ago at Weird a Coaster Fact thread.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:25 am

It's a bad Photoshop job that's been knocking around for some time.

Portugal needs more old-school B&M's!!!

Postby rcjp » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:07 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:
Vonni wrote:I just saw a link on Facebook that said "Deadly Roller Coaster Accident" with a picture of Alpengeist and one of its cars flying off into the air. People are actually believing it is real. You have to be freaking kidding me! Ugh!

Yeah, I did. People keep coming to me asking about this as I'm the local roller coaster "expert" and in the beginning it was kind of funny but now I'm starting to get annoyed.
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

What does one say after riding a Batman clone?
The G force is strong with this one.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:14 am

rcjp wrote:
gerstlaueringvar wrote:

Yeah, I did. People keep coming to me asking about this as I'm the local roller coaster "expert" and in the beginning it was kind of funny but now I'm starting to get annoyed.

I think I have explained the NTaG accident at least 20 times, at least 10 mins each. But it feels great when only you can answer the question ;)

Back to the topic, how does Griffon compare to SheiKra?

Postby rcjp » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:16 am

gerstlaueringvar wrote:
rcjp wrote:
gerstlaueringvar wrote:

I think I have explained the NTaG accident at least 20 times, at least 10 mins each. But it feels great when only you can answer the question ;)

Yeah you do feel kind of important (and superior) ;)
The Mr Freeze coasters should have speakers playing the sentence: "Let's kick some ice!" right before each launch

Postby rcjp » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:08 am

I've just realised Busch Gardens has released some nice POVs of their main rides (except for Loch Ness Monster) on their youtube channel. I think every park should have an official POV of each ride (like Cedar Point also does).

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Ever dreamed of your yard looking like Busch Gardens? Well, here's a chance to make your dream come true!

FREE YARD MAKEOVER COMPLIMENTS OF BUSCH GARDENS® LANDSCAPING EXPERTS
One Lucky Winner Will Receive a Custom Landscape Package

WILLIAMSBURG (Feb 27, 2014) – Busch Gardens® has teamed up with Bad Boy Mowers®, the official mower of Busch Gardens, to send the park’s expert horticulturalists on the road to give one lucky winner a front-yard makeover. The Busch Gardens Landscape Giveaway Presented by Bad Boy Mowers kicks off March 1.

Busch Gardens is inviting the park’s Facebook fans to submit a photo of their front yard and a brief explanation about why they deserve to have their yard transformed by Busch Gardens’ landscape experts. Submissions will be accepted until March 10 at 10 a.m.

Starting at 5 p.m. on March 10, Busch Gardens’ fans can vote on who they think should receive the custom landscape package. The entry process, official rules and submission criteria are available on Busch Gardens’ Facebook page – facebook.com/BuschGardens. The giveaway is open to legal residents of Virginia, Maryland, North Carolina, Washington D.C. and Delaware.

Busch Gardens hosted the landscape giveaway for the first time in 2013. North Carolina resident Tammy Bennett won last year’s giveaway by receiving more than half of the Facebook fan generated votes. To see last year’s yard transformation, visit Busch Gardens’ official YouTube channel at YouTube.com/BuschGardensVA.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!