Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 324: V.I.PASSHOLDER Perks in January announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 0 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:43 am

Being as parades and fireworks are very important at the Magic Kingdom, it's probably wise to expand the viewing areas by the castle (it really gets jammed there at showtime).

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby SuperShawn » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:23 am

Any thing that helps navigate through the crowds and hub area is a plus in my books.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby arby » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:07 am

Yeah, this area was a bottleneck the last time we were there. This looks like a great improvement and it should help crowds flow through the area better.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:27 am

Rock Your Disney Side: 24-Hour Event at Magic Kingdom & Disneyland
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/24-hour-event/
Experience Disney magic during an unforgettable 24-hour party taking place within the theme parks—from coast to coast.

Laugh bigger, scream louder and stay out all day and night at an enchanting summer kick-off celebration! No matter which coast you find yourself on, prepare to "Rock Your Disney Side" with a gang of pirates, princesses, villains and party animals, right inside select Disney Parks!

From 6:00 AM to 6:00 AM, May 23 to May 24, 2014, you and your family are invited to dress up for the occasion and join a gathering of Disney heroes and villains for 24 hours of fun and follies—along with a selection of beloved attractions, popular shows and classic entertainment only Disney can bring to life.

Whether you make your way to the Theme Parks of Disneyland Resort in California or find yourself at Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World Resort in Florida, you're sure to enjoy a memory-making day and night that will go down in history as "wicked fun for everyone."

So come as a prince, princess or pirate; a monster, a mermaid or even a Mad Hatter—whatever rocks your Disney Side!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/24-hour-event/

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby SuperShawn » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:34 am

Disney seems to be enjoying these 24 hour parties. One day I'll have to do one just to say I did.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:13 am

Love what they are doing to the central hub!!
Wow another 24 hour day? I did the "One More Disney Day" at Disneyland the last Leap Year, it was absolutely insane, but glad I did it!

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:55 pm

I would love it if that outer ring is used for Guest Control routes while the inner ring and everything inside is for unobstructed parade/fireworks viewing. That would be great.

Wonder if there will be areas for people who made FP+ reservations to view a parade or fireworks in that area, and where will they be?

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby simon8899 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:42 am

These special events always look great fun on TRs - but they also have amazing crowds on these days which is bad for doing rides... :roll:

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:16 am

PeoplemoverMatt wrote:I would love it if that outer ring is used for Guest Control routes while the inner ring and everything inside is for unobstructed parade/fireworks viewing. That would be great.

That is exactly what they do at Tokyo Disneyland and this new hub is very reminiscent of Tokyo's so I'd have to think that's at least the "plan."

I personally *LOVE* this!!! I always thought that while the hub looked nice with all the gardens and water, that was a lot of real estate that was wasted. And this is a nice combination of the two.

The new design still looks fantastic and lush, while at the same time still being practical. I'm assuming when it's all done, after a couple of years most people won't even notice. Kind of like no one today really notices or remembers from before Disneyland opened up the whole New Orleans in the 90s. People complained about it when they did that, but it still looked amazing and it was waaaaay more practical!

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:43 am

^Exactly. Before Disney added that bridge and reconfigured the queue in front Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland, that spot was was a really bad bottleneck--particularly during Fantasmic. The plan for the Magic Kingdom seems a logical step.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!