TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

^^ and ^^^. I agree and always opt for the multiday ticket. It would be much different if it were SeaWorld, or even Universal honestly, that would be doing this. While phasing out a single day ticket may not be a good idea due to public outcry and potential losses in profit, it does make you thinj that they are really pushing multiday tickets and shoving one day tickets out of the spotlight.

^^I like the side-by-side comparison of the actual ride with the animated version. Looks like they came pretty close, although they still have to finish the "dark ride" portion. I imagine that the dwarf animated figures will be installed soon, now that the coaster is finished.

Edited by cfc

The tickets seem expensive, like high end ski resort prices, but the four day ticket is only about $50 a day which isn't a bad deal. I hope they don't raise the CA prices though, or at least not the two day ticket price, as you only need two days to see the CA parks and it's definitely going to be more than $50 a day.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/os-disney-tickets-price-hike-20140223,0,4181646.story

Starting today, Disney's Magic Kingdom guests will have to fork over a few extra dollars for single-day park admission.

The tickets will cost $99 for adults and children 10 and up.

This $4 price hike keeps Magic Kingdom the most expensive Disney park.

A one-day ticket for Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios will go from $90 to $94.

"Our pricing reflects the high quality and breadth of experiences we offer and our ongoing commitment to investing in our parks," Disney spokesman Bryan Malenius said Saturday. "We offer a variety of ticket options that provide a great value, and find that most guests select multi-day tickets that offer additional savings."

This is the second price hike in less than a year.

Universal Orlando also raised its prices last summer. A one-day, one-park ticket is $92.

For a full listing of Disney ticket prices go to disneyworld.com/tickets. New ticket prices will be reflected on Sunday.

The tickets seem expensive, like high end ski resort prices, but the four day ticket is only about $50 a day which isn't a bad deal. I hope they don't raise the CA prices though, or at least not the two day ticket price, as you only need two days to see the CA parks and it's definitely going to be more than $50 a day.

I think Disneyland might have escaped this round of increases. The resort had nothing new to offer this year, and a lot of big attractions will be closed for extend amounts of time leading up to the 60th anniversary.

Disney no longer sells tickets with the 'no expiration' option. I think that went away a year or two ago.

You can still buy them from some authorized Disney ticket sellers like the one I've used in the past, though, just not directly through Disney.

Disney no longer sells tickets with the 'no expiration' option. I think that went away a year or two ago.

You can still buy them from some authorized Disney ticket sellers like the one I've used in the past, though, just not directly through Disney.

Disney still sells these tickets. However you cannot buy them through their website any longer.(over the phone and in person i believe)

Tickets are now going to be $99 to get in. I am now wondering when the raising prices will ever stop. I mean, 10 years ago, the price was roughly 50-52 bucks. But, ever since the economy went south, inflation occurred and it just plain sucks. When will people get to the point when they say it is too much?

I'd hate to burst your bubble but inflation isn't anything new. And I agree with the others, the 10 day non expiring park pass is probably your best bet outside of working for the company itself.

And the funny thing is that people will loose their minds when the $100 barrier is crossed. They will swear NEVER to come to the park ever again!!!!!.....and yet they will still come. In all reality as other have already mentioned, when you compare the amount of a one day pass at Disney to other forms of entertainment, it isn't so bad. When I was looking for Book of Mormon tickets back at the time they were touring in Orlando, you could find seats over $120. That is only for a two and a half hour show. (A great one, but still a short time compared to the 8-12 hours you can spend at a Disney Park).

You can buy them direct, you just have to ask at the window. As I understand it they're removed the option from the website as so few people used it and they want to keep the process simple and streamlined for the vast majority of guests.

Disney still sells these tickets. However you cannot buy them through their website any longer.(over the phone and in person i believe)

Thanks! That's good to know. I didn't know because I do everything I can over the Internet (even ordering pizza).

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/02/magic-kingdom-enhancements-include-special-viewing-area-new-pathways-gardens/

If you’re a regular Disney Parks Blog reader, you’re certainly familiar with one of our guests’ favorite places at Magic Kingdom Park: the Central Plaza area between the end of Main Street and Cinderella Castle. Well, we’ve just begun a project that’ll make it even better. We’re adding several new elements to the area, including sculpted gardens, additional pathways, expanded restaurant seating and even a special viewing area for fireworks and other performances.

Look closely at our fly-through video and you’ll notice that the enhancements will include new trees and more landscaping in the Central Plaza area. The sculpted gardens planned for the location are inspired by the lush grounds seen around European castles and chateaus.

To make it easier to move around, two additional pathways will be built around the plaza.

Also, seating outside of Casey’s Corner and The Plaza restaurant will nearly double in size.

From Disney California Adventure to New Fantasyland, we have a long-standing track record of being able to make enhancements while maintaining the magic of the Disney experience, and we look forward to continuing that tradition with this work.

This multi-phase enhancement project has already begun and it’ll be completed in 2015.

002.thumb.jpg.c3e7dd17f72ac0891f3c3bda60a3e0e2.jpg

003.thumb.jpg.a9db53547e6fb53b84d2033a0e64213e.jpg

004.thumb.jpg.c898208974ce5f38f9311527d91efeee.jpg

005.thumb.jpg.26ec2e18daf776a1233dbd82235e9386.jpg

How the new Hub will look when this project is completed.

006.thumb.jpg.0ea614b0756bc69baa2ee69a434bcd6e.jpg

How the Hub currently looks.

Edited by jedimaster1227