Shanghai Disney Resort Discussion Thread

P. 100: Zootopia themed land coming to Shanghai Disneyland!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: Shanghai Disneyland Discussion Thread

Postby dacocovid » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:52 am

Soooo... I've been very luckily lastly and I got a new job in Shanghai! And the first project I got is related to Shanghai Disneyland! YEAH!
I just arrived from the place and I was all the time thinking about posting in TPR hahaha

I can confirm the list of rides. ALL of them. Saw the list in the offices.
Theres a HUGE amount of dirt and some vertical construction too: Toon Town, both hotels, what I assume it is the Soarin' building (It is a HUGE box-shape structure) and a coaster (I suppose it is TRON) too! Most of the coaster is already built! It looks great! very twisty and.... it totally includes a launch! looking great! Maybe I am talking too much, but I would say it is a Vekoma coaster (after years and years of reading TPR I'm still not an expert... shame on me!) Didn't see any work in a building to cover the coaster, that's why I am not very sure it was TRON coaster. But it wasn't the seven dwarfs mine train, that's sure.

Despite it, the rest of the park is just pure mud and dirt, anithing else.
Saw some renders of the park in the offices and, yeah, it looks very original, huge and great! People working there were awesome too, it is impresive to see how much pre-production work a Disney park needs just for our enjoyment! And how many people it employs!

Hope to visit the construction area soon and be able to tell you more things about Shanghai Disneyland! :mickey:

DSC_0771[1].jpg
Tron? Coaster

DSC_0772[2].jpg

DSC_0774[1].jpg

DSC_0768[1].jpg
Soaring over somewhere building? maybe? You can't say with this picture, but it is HUGE.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby CoasterFEV » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:44 am

^ While it's great to see these pics and the progress on-site, I hate to be the one asking - but are you authorized to be distributing these photos on the Internet?

I assume, if you're on that site, that you or your company signed a NDA.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby dacocovid » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:16 am

^ Well, actually any of my work mates, my company or myself had to sign anything.
I tell you more: access controls were surprisingly weak. Meaning that we didn't even showed our IDs or signed a register to acces in the offices or working areas. I was really surprised!

I neither want giving problems to TPR. If moderators considerate it, I will automatically delete them.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:24 am

^&^^ I kind of chalk this up to "It's China". Yes it's Disney, but they're building a Disney park in a country known for IP Infringement in pretty much every industry. I assume we'll start seeing a lot more pictures of the park as it's being built with lax controls around the property.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby pixelated85 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:31 am

I'm liking what we can see of the Tron coaster so far. I wonder how far they'll go with the interior themeing (probably a redundant thought). I think it would be pretty rad to see the coaster drop and rise between the levels in the grid arena.
*bollocks*

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:04 am

Wow! It's amazing that something in China is going up this fast!

I think nowadays, it's better to ask before taking pictures. Chinese people started to care about keeping "secrets" ;) Plus it's Disney.

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:12 am

Cant wait to see more pictures!

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:40 am

Thanks for the update on the park's construction!
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:07 pm

Glad to see these pics but still Not enough pictures of the park coming out yet.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:39 pm

Can't wait to see more on this park! It looks like they have a lot of great stuff planned.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!