Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

P. 969 - Lone Star Revolution Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 8 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: Six Flags Over Texas (SFOT) Discussion Thread

Postby Mrlittle » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:05 am

Again like I said before, if SFOT was going to run Batman backwards, I feel they would of announced it already. Even if it was for the last few months of the season. I just don't see it happening for 2014 but I could be wrong. I say 2015 but I don't want Batman backwards to be the new attraction.

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby trj820 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:20 am

Lareson wrote:The backwards trains that were introduced at SFGrAm last year were brand new chassis that are made to go backwards. As far as I knew, it was only the chassis parts that were new, the seats were removed from the forward facing chassis and placed on the backwards chassis. I also heard that the park ran into a little snafu because when the "limited time" backwards trains ended, they just flipped them around, which B&M didn't really care for and forced them to put the normal forward facing trains back on.

Coaster trains are not really meant to go backwards unless they were originally designed to do so. That's why Cedar Fair turned the racing Paramount coasters back to all facing forward when they took over as PTC even said themselves that their trains are only meant to travel in a recommended forward direction. B&M is probably more stringent on that sort of thing because of the "warranties" their coasters come with, although not exactly sure how Premier stands when SF turned the Mr. Freeze coasters around backwards. Probably not as much since their trains travel in both directions anyways on those shuttle coasters.

Unless they've ordered another set of backwards chassis from B&M, Magic Mountain will be running Batman backwards this year. I don't see SFOT doing this until next year if their next in line to get the chassis.

Wait, wasn't Premier involved in the reversal of Mr. Freeze?

What's with the donkeys anyway?

Postby TexasThrillSeekers » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:36 pm

I have been informed that the reason SFOT has not advertised backwards Batman was to avoid media attention because of the negative attention they have received since the fatal accident. They don't wanna be in the news right now. Which if true, would make sense.

Again, this is just speculation, and our group NEVER confirmed it as accurate info. Only time will tell. :D

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Linders » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:51 pm

Mrlittle wrote:Again like I said before, if SFOT was going to run Batman backwards, I feel they would of announced it already. Even if it was for the last few months of the season. I just don't see it happening for 2014 but I could be wrong. I say 2015 but I don't want Batman backwards to be the new attraction.

Dear SFOT personnel reading this page, PLEAAASSE don't make backwards Batman the new attraction for 2015. It was kinda neat that season when Judge Roy was backwards. It would be a nice little bone to throw to us coaster lovers without little kids to turn Batman backwards THIS year, but for the love of Pete, please don't make it the new attraction for 2015.
I guess there could be worst things. We could be getting a 20+ yr old recycled coaster nobody rode from another park, so they could make room for a cool new ride. Eh hem, Flashback going to SFSL.

As for Mr. Freeze, I was very pleased they turned it backwards. We rode it facing forwards back in 2001. My husband and I walked off swearing never to ride it again. We had the worst headache, neck and back ache. It was a fun ride, but it caused major pain for both of us. We were ruined for the rest of the day. Advil didn't touch it. Fast forward to last Spring. I had a friend tell me that it did that to her, too when it faced forward. She said that when they revamped the restraints and turned it backwards that it didn't bother her anymore. So, I gave it a shot. I am hooked on Mr. Freeze!! It was just what the dr. ordered.

In 3 weeks the "Namtab" mystery will be solved. :)

Postby Linders » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:55 pm

TexasThrillSeekers wrote:I have been informed that the reason SFOT has not advertised backwards Batman was to avoid media attention because of the negative attention they have received since the fatal accident. They don't wanna be in the news right now. Which if true, would make sense.

Again, this is just speculation, and our group NEVER confirmed it as accurate info. Only time will tell. :D

If that were the case, then why wouldn't they just quietly stick it on their website? I don't see how turning a train backwards on a coaster with very little attention would make the news. But, that's just me.

I don't always seduce Donkeys, but when I do I use classy Champagne!

Postby _koppen » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:44 pm

Looks like the water park will get another kick A$$ slide in 2014.
It looks to be a 6 lane version of the one who opened at Wet'n'Wild Sydney a while ago.
It will be from Whitewater, and the one in Sydney have been gotten som cool reviews.
Source

Ready, Set, Race!

Have you ever wanted to try a one-of-a-kind racing experience? Wahoo Racer is the perfect fit for you! The thrilling multi-lane water slide complex is the largest of its kind in the world. Wahoo Racer is a two-tiered slide mat racer that first sends you on an intense, winding stretch through colorful tubes before shooting you out into six racing track-styled lanes.

As you take the nearly 60-foot journey up to the launching station, you’ll be able to strategically plan your tactics on how to pull off a winning race. Before you know it, it's your turn to get into your starting position. Feel free to scope out your competition but don't stray away from paying attention to the countdown. Three..two..one..RACE! Each course is timed, allowing you to challenge family and friends to reach the checkered flag for the win.

Hold on tight because Wahoo Racer will send you soaring down head first at extreme speeds of up to 40 feet per second on aero-dynamically designed water toboggans into the final stretch. Stay focused on the finish line because you never know which of the other five riders could pass you in the race to the end. After you've made it to the splashy ending, congratulate your fellow racers and take a winning photo. You've earned it!

Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:30 pm.
No. 1 Water Park guy!
The Megalite is *the* roller coaster of the world! (after finally riding Expedition Geforce I'll admit it was pretty awesome as well!)

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby coastercrazy216 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:07 pm

If this really is from White Water, that kind of kills me inside. I always loved that I could count on Six Flags to go with ProSlide. Oh well...

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby boardwalkbullet91507 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:11 pm

I've never been to Hurricane Harbor and now I think I have motive to go. Looks like an AWESOME addition. I love the 'twisty and spiral' combo and it should pack some airtime before you go down the drop to the splashdown. Very excited to see a recent string of announcements coming out of Six Flags parks. Hopefully there's more to come.

Postby Linders » Fri Feb 14, 2014 5:10 pm

I just got my newsletter with the link to register my season pass. Perks are minus buddy passes. So, I guess they are just going to hand those out whenever they feel like it. Kind of irritating.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby BrandonR » Tue Feb 18, 2014 5:30 am

Update on the Texas Giant accident case: SFoT is now suing Gerstlauer saying the train was defective: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/02/17/5576672/six-flags-over-texas-now-alleges.html?rh=1

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!