The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

P. 5296 - West Coast Racers Coming in 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 16 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Re: The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Postby singemfrc » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:10 am

WFChris wrote:FWIW, we were surveyed while waiting for security, they asked 2 questions:
1) What are you here to ride...thrill rides or family rides?
2) Do you plan on riding any non-thrill rides?
I wonder if they were giving directions to other parks for people looking for family rides :)

Postby Wes » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:49 pm

singemfrc wrote:
WFChris wrote:FWIW, we were surveyed while waiting for security, they asked 2 questions:
I wonder if they were giving directions to other parks for people looking for family rides :)

*slow clap*

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby JeromyL » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:55 pm

Planning a magic mountain run on March 1st. Anyone else going?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/1ca0001026f6d685dfa4545ede364cfc.jpg[/img][/url]

A village is missing its IDIOT!

Postby XYZ » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:06 pm

singemfrc wrote:

:nina:
1: Lightning Run, 2: El Toro, 3: Maverick, 4: Xcelerator, 5: Voyage, 6: TTD, 7: Gold Striker, 8: El Loco (Vegas), 9: Millennium Force, 10: Kingda Ka
Coaster Credits: 110 (89 steel, 21 wood); Last Coaster Credit: Raptor (CP) [8/22/14]; Last Park Credit: Waldameer [8/21/14]
What a season pass??

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby JeromyL » Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Flash pass question. Let's say you pre-buy the gold flash pass online with 2 people. Can you pay and add in another when you pick the unit up at the park?
Image[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/1ca0001026f6d685dfa4545ede364cfc.jpg[/img][/url]

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby adamd » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:01 pm

This is going back to that Iron Colossus video. I dont know how far fetched this is BUT what if they were to make it all a continuous coaster (like in the video posted) and the first half (up to the second lift hill) was either steel or wood and the second half of the ride was the other? I think that would make for a very unique coaster experience. Maybe they could call it Hybrid Colossus?

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby _IntaMAN_ » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:04 pm

adamd wrote:This is going back to that Iron Colossus video. I dont know how far fetched this is BUT what if they were to make it all a continuous coaster (like in the video posted) and the first half (up to the second lift hill) was either steel or wood and the second half of the ride was the other? I think that would make for a very unique coaster experience. Maybe they could call it Hybrid Colossus?

Or we can just call it wishful thinking.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby disney4me2001 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:02 pm

JeromyL wrote:Flash pass question. Let's say you pre-buy the gold flash pass online with 2 people. Can you pay and add in another when you pick the unit up at the park?

I don't see why not, unless the remaining Flash Pass units are "sold out" for the day when you get there. But then again, I've never used Flash Pass, so I'm probably not the person to ask! Maybe you can call the park to find out? And/or possibly see if you can cancel your current order and then repurchase it with the correct number of people.
Feel free to add me on The Simpsons Tapped Out: 1337me_69

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:27 am

Six Flags Magic Mountain Announces Newest Roller Coaster

Speedy Gonzales Hot Rod Racers will become 19th roller coaster

VALENCIA, Calif. — February 11, 2014 — Six Flags Magic Mountain, the “Thrill Capital of the World,” today announced its newest pint-sized roller coaster. Speedy Gonzales Hot Rod Racers will anchor the revitalized Bugs Bunny World, becoming the fourth roller coaster in the children’s area, more than any other U.S. theme park.

Sitting in miniature hot rod race cars, riders will enjoy an action-packed adventure with plenty of drops and thrills on a roadster-themed racetrack. Kids and parents can ride together as they take a sprint around the grand prix track. Joining 11 other rides and attractions, from flying airplanes to pint-sized trucks and trains, Speedy Gonzales Hot Rod Racers will debut in early summer.

“We are excited to introduce Speedy Gonzales Hot Rod Racers to our coaster collection at Six Flags Magic Mountain,” said Bonnie Rabjohn, Six Flags Magic Mountain and Hurricane Harbor park president. “This time it’s a fun adventure for our littlest guests. The mini-coasters in Bugs Bunny World are the perfect training ground for aspiring thrill seekers at the ‘Thrill Capital of the World.’ No doubt we will be creating lots of magical memories for them this year.”

With the addition of Speedy Gonzales Hot Rod Racers, the Valencia theme park will boast 19 roller coasters, more than any other theme park on the planet, including the new YOLOcoaster, which debuted in June 2013 as the world’s tallest and fastest looping coaster; X2, the world’s first 5th dimensional coaster; Tatsu, the world’s tallest and fastest flying coaster; Goliath, the giant among giants; Viper and more.

Six Flags Magic Mountain 2014 Season Passes are on sale and provide unlimited visits (including Fright Fest®) for 2014. Season Passes are now more affordable with low monthly payments through the annual membership program. Additional season pass perks include free tickets for friends and more.

Six Flags Magic Mountain is located at 26101 Magic Mountain Parkway, in Valencia, north of Los Angeles off Interstate 5 at the Magic Mountain Parkway exit. The park is currently open weekends and school holidays. For complete operating days and hours, and for more information call (661) 255-4111 or visit us online at www.sixflags.com/magicmountain.
SFMM-Hot-Rod-Racers-KA.PNG

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:30 am

What can I say? ... Credit! :b

PreviousNext