TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

TR: Chimelong Ocean Kingdom With FOTR POV!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those crowds look terrible! I think I would have turned away in the parking lot!

Actually the parking space ran out at around 11:00 a.m. so you can't even enter the parking lot after that.

But to tell the truth, even though the crowd looks terrible, wait time is really not bad thanks to Chimelong's efficiency and management. If this park is run by OCT, I'm sure FOTR would run one train and the wait time would be around four hours instead of 40mins.

^ I go to HongKong frequently, shouldn't be a hard thing to get the Visa. Let the Lunar New Year tourism tidal wave pass and you can enjoy a not-that-packed park. Plus, Walrus Splash and Polar Explorer will open on March 1st.

Thanks so much for the info, was going to go the weekend before the 1st but will wait until the 2nd of March.

It'd be hard to have a park this well themed, and not take efficiency and capacity into considerations. It looks like the park handled that very well, even with the enormous crowds! Great photo TR! You never see enough "quality" Chinese park TR's, so this was a very nice change from that!

^ Thanks!

Even I was surprised, I knew this is a Chimelong park so the operation would be the best among Chinese parks but I would never put it into the same level of Disneyland! Turns out their efficiency is better than most Six Flags parks I've been to.

More information: I've heard that Walrus Splash will operate five trains and Polar Explorer will operate up to 25 trains. I can see Happy Valley parks being kicked in the a$$ by Chimelong but Chimelong needs to install some great coasters to compete with OCT's. Maybe Ocean Kingdom's world's tallest wooden coaster will be the first overseas RMC? I highly doubt Gravity Group and MVR can make this one not like Hades360!!! Rumor said Chimelong had a big conversation with Gravity Group at IAAPA 2013

^So are they really going to build the world's tallest wooden coaster? Nice news. And I also think RMC or Intamin (as they have already built a woodie in Asia) are the ones who should do it otherwise it could end up being a Son of Beast 2!!! Ok, maybe that's a bit extreme.

^ I think Chimelong would more likely to build an RMC woodie. Intamin makes great coasters but their price tag is a bit too high. Chimelong bought some crappy Intamin coasters so Intamin might already had a bad reputation. Intamin Pre-Fab woodies are as smooth as steel coasters and their price are not as high. But seems like RMC's topper track and train technology already solved the problem of retracking to keep the maintenance cost low. Plus, since the construction site is right next to the front gate, I think an impressive looking RMC woodie with crazy elements would be a much better addition than something like El Toro(While it's airtime is extreme, it doesn't have a large variety of elements like Outlaw Run)

But either RMC or Intamin would be 1,000 times better than a Son of Hades360 Just hope that Chimelong has a better look at the industry than all the other Chinese parks.

Is there a phase two planned for this park?

It seems incredible busy, and while it obviously have very high interest because it's new, I have a feeling that the popularity for this park won't die anytime soon. It looks like Chinese sea world.

Is there a phase two planned for this park?

It seems incredible busy, and while it obviously have very high interest because it's new, I have a feeling that the popularity for this park won't die anytime soon. It looks like Chinese sea world.

Yes, phase two including world's tallest, longest wooden coaster(I remember Alan said RMC would like to build longer coasters and Chimelong is good at bringing new ride types into Chibese market.)

There will be the world's tallest Farris Wheel as well at 483ft(218m). Not sure if any new Farris Wheel project will brake their record as it was planned a few years ago.

I agree that this park won't die any time soon. Seems like they are always adding things and there are a lot of land for expansion. Maybe Chinese Liseberg would appear as they start building things in the mountain?

^The new ferris wheel about to open in Las Vegas is 550 feet tall, so it will be the record holder when it opens. But very cool report Yin and thanks for the info!

Maybe they will try to make the Farris Wheel taller. The possible location is next to Walrus Splash and it's a huge area. I've heard Chimelong added the final Helix of FOTR after they heard GateKeeper will be the record holder so they won't let the world's tallest Farris Wheel record slip away.

Check this out!!!!!

That looks like a really fun ride. I've ridden Raptor and Wild Eagle and enjoyed them both. They're not huge on thrills but they are very fun, especially Raptor. The interactive themeing was incredible on that one!

Check this out!!!!!

That looks like a really fun ride. I've ridden Raptor and Wild Eagle and enjoyed them both. They're not huge on thrills but they are very fun, especially Raptor. The interactive themeing was incredible on that one!

I think if the tree can really be a key hole with the water effect installed, this could be great as well. Another thing is their photo booth is not ready yet. They might want to open it up sooner to make more money.

How's the public transportation to get to the park?

It's very convenient. I would choose bus because parking gets pretty hard on a busy day (only 10,000 parking space). Guangzhou-Zhuhai city express (rail road) will open with a station right next to the entrance but still not going to be anytime soon. If driving to the park, get up as early as possible.

Thanks for all of the great photos/TRs! The park looks amazing, with what appears to be a focus of quality vs. quantity on the rides. FOTR looks to be one of the better Wing Coasters thus far, and the theming on the park looks top-notch. I would imagine they will eventually move forward with the planned mega-wooden coaster and ferris wheel they had in the original plans, eventually.

That's an impressive looking park, Especially in China (there are too many knock-off disneylands) ! Wish I can visit it someday

P.S that metal slices on entrance of storage track is preventing wheels from hit directly on track

Look this

[attachment=0]00328.MTS_1392044328.gif[/attachment]

Thanks! That's a very nerdy gif!

I've heard their Ferris Wheel is from Intamin! Maybe they went for the best company to achieve their world's tallest record with all the pressures lately?

Wow, this place looks stunning. One of these days a TPR China trip is in the cards!

Actually I heard....2016?

This park is really something to look at.

Big Statues of Sea Life Everywhere! I love it!