TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ if you go to a regular johnny rockets, the food quality is way way better than the SFMM Johnny rockets

I have never been to a decent Johnny Rockets. Their food is nasty in my opinion. I also do not think In N Out Burger is all that good. I ate at one in Cali to try it and thought it was no different then most chain burger places. My favorite burger place is Red Robin. I would love to try Smashburger but we do not have them in MD.

Is there an In-N-Out close to SFMM. Either walking distance, or a short drive?

Ya two local ones. Make a rt on the old rd at base of entrance to 6 flags and go about 4/5 miles and its on left side, if you get to Calgrove you went to far and should have just eaten at Jonny Rockets inside 6 flags and saved 90 minutes.

I agree with the don't drive out of magic Mountain to get lunch as they are a little drive away. If it's hot then the ac of the car and the ac of the place you eat may be a good reason. If you don't like the food at magic Mountain. Then you can just eat a lunch or dinner in your car... as it's faster then driving too far.

I know it gets brought up every couple of pages but Mooseburger is really where its at if you're going to eat inside the park.

Even Mooseburger is barely above normal SFMM. Before they closed it, it was pretty obvious they went away from using different stuff than the rest of the park. Again, same patty with a nicer bun!

^ if you go to a regular johnny rockets, the food quality is way way better than the SFMM Johnny rockets

This is 100% true. An actual Johnny Rockets restaurant has fantastic burgers. The ones inside SFMM (and SFDK) are not even Johnny Rockets burgers, it's just a generic burger stand that has paid to use the Johnny Rockets logo. I understand that JR likes the money they get for licensing but to me seems like serious damage would be done to their brand if someone had never eaten at a restaurant had an in the park burger and thought thats what all their restaurants were like.

Back when it was still a novelty to me I used to think In-N-Out was the greatest thing ever, but now that there's a dozen of them up here in Sacramento including one across the street from where I live I've plateaued on my opinion of them. They're still very good, especially for the price, but I only seem to go there anymore in the late night when everything else is closed.

^ Their milkshakes are also no more than soft serve ice cream they put in a cup and stick a straw in it. The Johnny Rockets at knotts is a proper one, I love going to lunch there at Knotts (my favorite place actually) because the food is completely unique to the rest of the parks food options. Unlike at Six flags where its simply the name they stick on all their park burger places.

I agree with the don't drive out of magic Mountain to get lunch as they are a little drive away. If it's hot then the ac of the car and the ac of the place you eat may be a good reason. If you don't like the food at magic Mountain. Then you can just eat a lunch or dinner in your car... as it's faster then driving too far.

True, the only problem is the walk to your car takes forever unless their is some closer exit/re-entry point than I was aware of.

The quality of everything is better outside of MM.

Plus, the Johnny Rockets outside of SFMM isn't that good to begin with...

Joey was up at the park today, so here's a little progress update on the construction and other things...

sfmm_feb2_01.thumb.jpg.93bf6ad0a458f9c158fe1dfc885607d6.jpg

Hooray! X2 running! (Of course, we knew that, but we're always just excited to see it hasn't broken down again yet!) =)

sfmm_feb2_02.thumb.jpg.d99bcffcc021317095aaff1b0cc31da7.jpg

I'm assuming this High Sierra Territory sign won't be here much longer. Enjoy it while you can!

sfmm_feb2_03.thumb.jpg.e2dde56af61290d39539511b2cc2bcbd.jpg

Mooseburger Lodge stripped of all of it's logos, etc. Basically, it's "nakedburger lodge" now!

sfmm_feb2_04.thumb.jpg.ee0c3b0b6ff715329a625754fa527280.jpg

And taking a look inside, you can see that everything has totally been removed. So long Wally World!

sfmm_feb2_05.thumb.jpg.4bd4ba41d9381252a2b6a98f7262bee9.jpg

Any guesses for what it will be re-themed to? Sports Bar? Go-Go Dancer Night Club? Cat Juggling venue? The options are unlimited!

sfmm_feb2_06.thumb.jpg.0c19ec783b61e0e4f6501931db100abd.jpg

"Sorry, folks, the lodge is closed! The Moose out front should have told you...oh, wait..."

sfmm_feb2_07.thumb.jpg.42882f694897679ea7908ec80717030f.jpg

Your time left in this world is limited, pal!

sfmm_feb2_08.thumb.jpg.2a6be31aad15e22636f52b395a7dca06.jpg

Let's go take a look at the work being done in the Bugs Bunny World area.

sfmm_feb2_09.thumb.jpg.df20d95383aebd804a45ebf9b04f644b.jpg

Lots of walls and things.

sfmm_feb2_10.thumb.jpg.317549ac4cc047ab87ab3797dfb2ad3d.jpg

Tweety Bird cages still looking pretty bare.

sfmm_feb2_11.thumb.jpg.ec04608df383c179865e3b2ea3157489.jpg

More walls. Some new kids fun coming soon. (New credit! YAY!!!)

sfmm_feb2_12.thumb.jpg.7aef68d4f312731b8f543a068386e4fa.jpg

As you can see, most people chose the Super Bowl over Six Flags Magic Mountain today!

sfmm_feb2_13.thumb.jpg.4d206ccc12d3f8b46e3c7767200e5911.jpg

Now THIS... this my friends...it what you call a fine patch of dirt! Ooooooh, yeahhhhh!

sfmm_feb2_14.thumb.jpg.1d4ccbabf092dbc3c241f2f97ea7483c.jpg

Looks like Swashbuckler is still down for the count.

sfmm_feb2_15.thumb.jpg.38452169270de2b521820b9dc59973ca.jpg

Scrambler is getting some much needed love!

sfmm_feb2_16.thumb.jpg.cd2afbf87b07aa236665809144bddc0c.jpg

Kind of surprised to see these signs still up at the park advertising to use your dining plan through the end of 2013... um....

sfmm_feb2_17.thumb.jpg.93f305e8bc79625f4ce05b054da6fdf3.jpg

...but then again, when you walk in the park and handed a park map, you're flashed back to 2013, so I guess it's ok! =)

Thanks Joey for the pics! Nice to see the construction moving along!

Any guesses for what it will be re-themed to? Sports Bar? Go-Go Dancer Night Club? Cat Juggling venue? The options are unlimited!

I predict that it will be a restaurant where go-go dancers juggle cats while people watch sports.

Edited by cfc

A few pages back, I read that someone went up to a construction worker by Mooseburger to what will replace the Lodge, it is going to turn into a sports bar. Not surprising, isn't it?

Let's just hope it fares better than that attempted GameDay sports bar that was down the street from the park!

I predict that it will be a restaurant where go-go dancers juggle cats while people watch sports.

That would be the best attraction at SFMM!

True, the only problem is the walk to your car takes forever unless their is some closer exit/re-entry point than I was aware of.

I found the walk to only be 8 or 10 minutes. It may seem longer because I have to find my car.